Biology NECO Questions 2020. I will be showing you the NECO Biology objective and theory questions and answers for free in this post. You will also understand how NECO Biology questions are set and how to answer them.
The National Examinations Council (NECO) is an examination body in Nigeria that conducts the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination and the General Certificate in Education in June/July and December/January respectively.
NECO Biology Question and Answers Essay and OBJ (Expo)
The 2020 NECO Biology expo will be posted here today, 20th November during the NECO Biology examination. Keep checking and reloading this page for the answers.
NECO 2020 Biology Answers Loading...
Today’s NECO Biology OBJ Answers:
Today’s NECO Biology Essay Answers 2020
Make Sure Your Drawing is (8-10cm)
(i)predation; this is a relationship between two organism in which one feeds on the other organisms. The one feeding on the other is called the predator while the one they are feeding on is known as the prey
(ii)Mutualis; this is the relationship between two organisms in which both benefited from the association.
(iv)headache and body pain
(i)Regular hand washing
(ii)maintenance of social distance
(iii)use of hand sanitizer with high alcoholic content
(iv)avoidance of handshakes
(i)they have two seed leaves or cotyledon
(ii)there floral parts are in four or fives
(iii)there vascular bundles are in concentric circles
(iv)there root develop from the radicle
(i)Possession of the leaves that helps in floatation
(ii)their stomata are located on the surface of the plant for easy gaseous exchange
(iii)Possession of little or no root system.
Pathogen; this is defined as any organisms capable of causing diseases
Haemolysis; this can be defined as the breaking down of the red blood cells or corpuscle due to high passage of water into it
Deforestation; this can be defined as the indiscriminate falling of forest trees
(iii)Role (for transact method)
The pinna collects sounds waves in air and pass them through external auditory canal. The waves cause the vibration of the tympanic membrane which passed on to the ear Ossicles that amplify them. The round oval window vibrates and passes the waves into the cavity of the inner ear or cochlea where the perilymph and endolymph vibrate the sensory nerve cells vibrate and stimulate the auditory nerve cells which then transmit the impulses to the brain for interpretation.
Calyx; it protects the flower which is in the bud
Corolla; it attract pollinators.
Make Sure Your Drawing is (8-10cm Long)
Mitochondrion; it produce energy in the cell
Ribosome; it brings about protein synthesis in the cell
(i)they are proteinous in nature
(ii)it speed up the rate of chemical reaction
(iii)they remain chemically unchanged
(iv)they are specific in function
(i)they are easily carried by the wind
(ii)they may have wings
(iii)they may have floss
(iv)they may have parachute
(i)planting cover crops
(ii)construction of good drainage system
(iii)avoid dumping refuse into the drainage system
(iv)strict laws in the disposal of refuse
Fertilization in flowing plants leads to the production of seeds which are capable of germinating into new plant. In this case the pollen grains (male reproductive gamete) is transferred onto the stigma where it is passed into the ovary for pollination to take place and then to the ovule leading to the formation of seed.
The questions below are the Neco past questions and answers that will help you in your 2020 Neco Biology Questions.
1. Plants are classified into the following classes except
2. The cell wall of plants is rigid due to the presence of?
3. The structure responsible for the transportation of mineral salt from the root to other parts of the plant is?
4. Which of the following cell organelles traps sunlight energy in plant?
(b) Endoplasmic reticulum
(d) Ribosome (e) Vacuole
5. The following conditions are necessary for photosynthesis except
(c) light energy
6. Which of the following organisms carries out photosynthesis?
7. Which of these is an amphibian?
8. A flower with two or more fused carpels is called
9. The response of plants to the stimulus of touch is called?
10. Which of the following is a bryophyte?
(a) Bladder wort
(b) Fly trap
(c) Liver wort
11. Cellular respiration occurs in the
(b) endoplasmic reticulum
(c) food vacuole
12. In a moss plant, spores are produced in the
13. Exoskeleton is a characteristic feature of
14. Which of the following influences growth in plants?
(a) Acetic acid
15. Land snail belongs to the phylum
16. The opening of the anthers and stigmas of a bisexual flower at the same time is called
17. The following are the effect of auxins on plant except in
(b) fruiting without fertilization
(c) ripening of fruits
(d) root formation
(e) stem elongation
Use the diagram below to answer questions 18 and 19.
18. The diagram represents the internal structure of a
19. The part labeled I is the
(c) phloem (d) root hair (e) xylem
20. Which of these is a water soluble vitamin?
21. The following diseases are airborne except
(e) small pox.
22. The excretory organ of insects is called
(a) Contractile vacuole
(b) flame cell
(d) malphighian tubule
23. Which of these animals undergo metamorphosis
24. Villi are finger-like structures found in the
(a) Large intestine
(c) small intestine
25. In mammals, sperms are formed in the
(a) Cowper’s gland
(b) scrotal sac.
(c) seminal vesicle
(d) seminiferous tubules
(e) vas deferens
26. Which of the following is not a part of the mammalian brain?
(c) Olfactory lobe
(d) spinal cord
27. In plant, Chlorosis is caused by the deficiency of
28. Which of the following diseases is not sexually transmitted
29. Which of the following is not a caste in a termitarium.
- NECO Marketing Questions and Answers
- NECO Mathematics Questions and Answers
- NECO English Science Questions and Answers
30. The structure responsible for excretion in tape worm is called
(a) Cell membrane
(b) contractile vacuole
(c) flame cell
(d) malphigian tubule
31. The mode of nutrition of mushroom is
32. The earthworm is an example of
33. Fat and oil are also known as
(b) fatty acids
34. Gaseous exchange in the lungs occurs at the
35. The following are pigment except
Use the diagram below to answer questions 36 – 38.
36. The type of placentation shown above is found in
(a) cana lily
(d) pride of Barbados
37. the part labeled x is the
38. the type of placentation represented in the diagram is
(c) free central
39. the growth that occurs at the tip of shoot and root is called
40. carnassial teeth are found in
41. Which of the following bones is not a part of axial skeleton?
Use the diagram below to answer questions 42 and 43
42. The part labeled ii is the
(b) hyaline cartilage
(d) synovial cavity
(e) synovial membrane
43. The function of the part labeled iii is to
(a) Soften the bones
(b) join bones together
(c) lubricate joints
(d) protect bones from wearing
(e) reduce friction at joints
44. The part that supplies food and oxygen to the eye is
45. The part of the male reproductive system that stores sperm is
(a) Cowper’s gland
(c) prostate gland
(d) seminal vesicle
(e) vas deferens.
46. An organ in bird that grinds its food is
47. Which of the following animals exhibit basking
48. The following are functions of the sympathetic nervous system except
(a) Dilation of pupil of eye.
(b) inhibition of saliva secretion
(c) reduction of blood pressure
(d) reduction of urine output
(e) stimulation of ejaculation
49. The following homeostatic mechanisms are carried out by mammals except
(c) pH regulation
50. Part of the brain that controls blood pressure is called
(c) corpus callosum
(d) medulla oblongata
(e) pons varolii
51. Haemorrhage is caused due to the deficiency of vitamin
52. The control method of pests using predators is called
53. The following are vectors except
(a) Black fly
(e) tsetse fly
54. The deficiency of proteins in a developing child result in
(a) Beri beri
(c) night blindness
55. The theory of “use and disuse” of body parts was propounded by
(a) Carl Linneaus
(b) Charles Darwin
(c) Gregor Mendel
(d) Jean Lamarck
(e) Robert Hooke
56. The knowledge of heredity and variation are not required in
(a) Blood transfusion
(b) crime detection
(c) determination of paternity
57. Which of these is not a pollutant
(a) Carbon dioxide
(b) Lead oxide
(c) Nitrogen gas
(d) Nitrogen oxide
(e) sulphur dioxide
58. The topmost layer of a typical soil profile is
(b) coarse sand
(c) fine sand
59. Plants that survive in marine habitats are called
60. The felling of trees in a forest is called
(d) forest pruning
Answer any three questions only
1a. State one role each of the following in photosynthesis
b. List five types of bones found in the forearm of man
c. Mention three functions of a worker caste in termitarium
d. Define ecosystem
e. Draw a well labelled diagram (8-10cm long) of the nephron
2a. Define the following
b (i) State four functions of the mammalian skeleton
(ii) Mention two muscles that bring about movement of a forearm
(iii) Name three digestive enzymes found in the small intestine and state one function of each
3a. (i) Mention three diseases of the liver
(ii) In a tabular form, state five differences between plant and animal cells
b. Using annotated diagrams only, illustrate the carbon cycle.
c. (i) List two types of supporting tissues in plant
(ii) Give two characteristics of a reptile
4a. Define the following terms
b (i) State four effects of overcrowding
(ii) mention two ways of conserving wildlife.
(iii) Give two examples of social animals
c (i) Define metamorphosis
(ii) List two examples of insects that undergo incomplete metamorphosis
(iii) Give two examples of a berry fruit
5a. (i) Draw a well labelled diagram (8-10cm long) of the human alimentary canal
(ii) Complete the table below
|Part of digestive system||Enzymes present|
b. T T and t t are monohybrid plants representing tallness and shortness respectively
- By means of crossing, show the F1 generation
- Using punnet square method, show the F2 generation
- Give the phenotypic ratio of the F1 and F2 generations shown above
That’s all about NECO Biology Questions and Answers for 2020 (Theory and Objectives). If you have any questions, kindly drop your question in the comment box.
Last Updated on November 20, 2020 by Admin