NECO English Questions and Answers 2020. I will be showing you past English objective and theory repeated questions for free in this post. You will also understand how NECO English questions are set and how to answer them.
The National Examinations Council (NECO) is an examination body in Nigeria that conducts the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination and the General Certificate in Education in June/July and December/January respectively.
The questions below are the Neco past questions and answers that will help you in your 2020 Neco English Questions.
- 1 NECO English Language Objectives and Essay answers 2020
- 2 NECO ENGLISH ESSAY QUESTIONS 2020SECTION A: 50 Marks
- 2.1 NECO 2020 English Language Answers and Questions
- 2.2 Tips on How to Pass NECO English Examination
- 2.3 Related
NECO English Language Objectives and Essay answers 2020
The following NECO English questions are questions to expect in the 2020 NECO examination.
In each of the following sentences, there is one underlined word and one gap. From the list of words lettered A to D, choose the one that is most nearly opposite in meaning to the underlined word and that will, at the same time, correctly fill the gap in the sentence.
- Most African countries face poverty while few enjoy ………………
- Last year our farmers cultivated more crops than they……………
From the words lettered A to D, choose the word that best completes each of the following sentences.
- There would have been a riot in our school but for the timely ……….. of our staff.
- The armed robbers …every room in the bank to look for money.
After each of the following sentences, a list of possible interpretations is given. Choose the interpretation that you consider most appropriate for each sentence.
- Ade is too clever by half. This means that Ade is
A. far cleverer than others
B. actually very stupid in his behaviour
C. annoyingly clever
D. behaving to be clever but is not.
- Ameh is really being economical with the truth. This means that Ameh
A. is being praised for being honest
B. does not know enough
C. knows more than he is prepared to say
D. is not telling the truth.
From the words lettered A to D below each of the following sentences, chose the word or group of words that is nearest in meaning to the underlined word as it is used in the sentence.
- By failing to attend the interview, Idoko has lost a golden opportunity.
- I hope the principal would be gracious enough to forgive us.
From the words or group of words lettered A to D, choose the word or group of words that best completes each of the following sentences.
- A good citizen abides ….. the rules of the land.
- Since his swearing in, the governor ……….. his hometown.
A. had not been visiting
B. has not visited
C. did not visit
D. had not visited.
NECO ENGLISH ESSAY QUESTIONS 2020
SECTION A: 50 Marks
Answer 1 Only [Please Answer Correctly]
(1) the literary and debating society of your school is organizing a debate on the topic: poverty,and not corruption is the bane of our society. Write your arguments for or against the motion
(2) write an article suitable for publication in a national newspaper on the danger posed by the use of commercial motorcycles in our cities and suggest ways of curbing them
((3) write a story that best illustrates the saying: A leopard cannot change its spots
4)write a letter to the honourable minister of agriculture on ways of bossing agriculture in your country
NECO 2020 English Language Answers and Questions
The following has been proving itself very useful in time like this, follow it and passing the NECO English Language Exam can never be a problem for you.
Tips on How to Pass NECO English Examination
The following tips will walk you through to pass your NECO Englis language examination.
Have a Target and Work Towards Actualizing it
You have decided to pass NECO English 2020 and I am sure of that. Now, the next thing you should do is set targets.
You have told yourself, “I will score A in Neco English Language 2020”, that’s not all. You need to plan on how to make it happen. Create a timetable and master plan to achieve your goals.
Get the Recommended Textbook on English Language for 2020 NECO Examination
Normally, Neco recommends books for the examination. But apart from NECO literature in English where certain novels are compulsory, you are free to use any good English Language textbook to prepare for NECO 2020 exam.
Some textbooks are more difficult to understand. If you have any topic you are finding difficult to understand, then get a textbook that will simplify the topics and make life better for you.
Do not Skip English Language Examples and Exercise you Will Come Across While Reading:
Many candidates are fond of skipping exercises and even examples while studying textbooks. In fact, we like notebooks so much that we could ask, “can I read my notebook and pass NECO English Language 2020?” Don’t be scared of attempting exercises in Biology. Face the challenges.
Note: The above questions are likely NECO English Questions and Answers not the real questions
If you have any question about the NECO English Questions and Answers 2020, kindly drop your question in the comment box.
Last Updated on March 31, 2020 by Admin