WAEC GCE Chemistry Questions and Answers 2020. Welcome to 2020 WAEC Chemistry questions and Answers. You will find WAEC GCE Chemistry Objective Answers, WAEC Chemistry Essay 2020, WAEC GCE 2020 Chemistry and the tips you need to pass your WAEC GCE Chemistry examination at ease.
WAEC GCE Chemistry Questions and Answers 2020 (Expo)
The 2020 WAEC GCE Chemistry expo will be posted here on the day of the WAEC GCE Chem exam during the WAEC GCE Chemistry examination. Keep checking and reloading this page for the answers.
WAEC GCE 2020 Chemistry Answers Loading...
The questions below are strictly for practice.
1. Which of the following statements best explains the difference between a gas and a vapour?
(a) Unlike gases, vapours are liquids at room temperature
(b) Unlike gases, vapour can easily be condensed into liquids
(c) Unlike gases, vapour is readily converted into solids
(d) Vapours are generally denser than gases
2. Consider the following reaction equation: 2HCI + Ca(OH)2 → CaCI2 + H2O. what is the volume of 0.1 moldm-3, HCI that would completely neutralize 25cm3 or 0.3 moldm-3 Ca(OH)2?
(a) 150 cm3
(b) 75 cm3
(c) 30 cm3
(d) 25 cm3
3. Cu and HNO3 are not suitable for preparing hydrogen gas because of their
(a) Reactivity and oxidation respectively
(b) conductivity and corrosiveness respectively
(c) melting point and reduction respectively
(d) electronegativity and solubility respectively
4. Which of the following formulae cannot be an empirical formula?
5. One of the criteria for confirming the purity of benzene is to determine its
(a) Heat capacity
(b) boiling point
6. When chlorine is passed through a sample of water, the pH of the water sample would be (a) <7
(c) = 7
7. How many atoms are contained in 0.2 moles of nitrogen [N = 6.02 x 1023]
(a) 1.20 x 1023
(b) 2.41 x 1023
(c) 3.62 x 1023
(d) 4.82 x 1023
8. The strength of metallic bonds depends on the
(a) charge density of the atoms
(b) ductility of the metal
(c) number of valence electrons
(d) total number of electrons in the atoms
9. When zinc is added to AgNO3 solution, crystals of silver forms on the zinc surface. This indicates that zinc is
10. The empirical formula of a compound containing 0.067 mol Cu and 0.066 mol O is [Cu = 63.5, O = 16.0]
11. The change in the oxidation state of iron in the reaction represented by the equation below is 2FeCI3 + H2S →2FeCI2 + 2HCI + S
(a) +2 to +3
(b) +3 to +2
(c) 0 to +2
(d) +3 to 0
12. Which of the following methods can be used to separate blood cells from plasma?
13. Which of the following statements about ionic radius is correct? ‘Ionic radius
(a) Increases as nuclear charge increases
(b) decreases as nuclear charge increases
(c) decreases as nuclear charges decreases.
(d) remains constant as nuclear charge increases
14. Analysis of a hydrocarbon shows that it contains 0.93 g of carbon per gram of the compound. The mole ratio of carbon to hydrogen in the compound is [H=1.0, C=12.0]
15. The law of definite proportions states that
(a) pure samples of same compound contain the same elements combined in the same proportion by mass
(b) pure samples of substances are in the same proportion by mass
(c) chemical compounds are pure because they contain the same elements
(d) matter can neither be created nor destroyed
16. What is the relative molecular mass of a compound which has empirical formula CH2O? [H=1.0, C=12.0,0=16.0]
17. Atoms are electrically neutral because they
(a) don not conduct electricity
(b) contain equal number of protons and electrons
(c) are composed of neutrons and electrons
(d) cannot be attracted by electromagnetic field
18. Common salt (NaC1) is used for preserving foods. Which of the following properties could be used to determine its purity before use?
(a) Solubility in water
(b) melting point
(c) Relative density
(d) Crystalline nature
19. Which of the following electron configurations represents the transition element chromium (24Cr)?
(a) 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 4s2 3d4
(b) 1s22 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 3d6
(c) 1s2 2s2 2p6 2s2 3d4 4s1 (d) 1s2 2s2 2p6 3s2 3p6 4s1 3d5
20. The atomic number of an isotope of hydrogen is equal to its mass number because it
(a) has a totally filled valence shell
(b) has a high charge to mass ratio
(c) does not contain neutrons (d) exhibits isotopy
21. The total number of shared pair of electrons in the compound below is
22. The bonding pair of electrons in a hydrogen chloride molecule is pulled towards the chlorine atom because
(a) Chlorine has a larger atomic size
(b) chlorine has a large atomic mass
(c) chlorine is more electronegative
(d) there is no bonding orbitals within the hydrogen atom
23. The solubility of CO2 in water can be accounted for by
(a) van der waal’s forces
(b) ionic attraction
(c) dipole attraction
(d) covalent bonding
24. Which of the following properties would not influence electrovalent bond information?
(b) Electron affinity
(c) Ionization potential
(d) Catalytic ability
25. Particles in a solid exhibit
(a) Vibrational motion only
(b) vibrational and translational motion
(c) vibrational and random motion
(d) random and translational motion
WAEC GCE Chemistry Essay 2020
The above questions are not exactly 2020 WAEC Chemistry questions and answers but likely WAEC Physics repeated questions and answers.
These questions are for practice. The 2020 WAEC GCE Chemistry expo will be posted on this page 30 minutes before the WAEC GCE Chemistry examination starts. Keep checking and refreshing this page for the answers.
WAEC GCE Chemistry Questions and Answers 2020 Loading…
If you have any questions about the WAEC GCE Chemistry questions and answers, kindly drop your question in the comment box.
Last Updated on November 20, 2020 by Admin