The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board Questions and Answers on Physics, JAMB Physics, JAMB Physics Questions, JAMB Physics Questions 2023, JAMB Physics Questions and Answers | Bekeking team will be showing you likely JAMB Questions and Answers on Physics, JAMB random repeated questions for free.
Welcome to JAMB Physics questions and answers for the 2023/2024 CBT exams. I believe you are one of the candidates searching online for JAMB 2023 Physics questions and answers. If that’s true, here is the right place for you.
Many Science Students who Registered for JAMB 2023 are equally here checking JAMB 2023 Physics answers on google, JAMB Physics Answers to questions 2023, JAMB Physics CBT answers 2023, JAMB Physics Expo 2023, JAMB 2023 Physics runs.
It is very important to understand some key things in physics. For instance, you should know that when a body starts from rest, its initial velocity is zero (u = 0) and when it comes to rest, its final velocity is zero (v = 0).
JAMB has areas where it repeats questions annually. Knowing those areas would help you concentrate on what you may likely see in your Jamb exams.
There are some special topics in physics that Jamb cannot set questions without including them. Those topics are listed hereunder:
- Energy Quantization
- Basic Electronics
- Electric Field
Today JAMB 2022 Physics Questions And Answers (Expo)
JAMB 2023 Physics answers/expo loading…
Note: The questions below are the JAMB Physics Practice Questions. Go through them and be ready to score high in your JAMB mock and JAMB 2023 Physics CBT Examination.
1. The equation X15062 => Y150 63 + -1 + energy, represents
A. Alpha decay
C. Gamma decay
D. Photon emission
ANSWER: B (Beta-decay)
2. The ice and steam points of a thermometer are 20mm and 100mm respectively. A temperature of 75 degree celsius corresponds to Y mm on the thermometer. What is Y?
A. 100 mm
B. 70 mm
C. 80 mm
D. 60 mm
ANSWER: C (80mm)
3. When a yellow card is observed through a blue glass, the card would appear as
ANSWER: A (Black)
4. In a nuclear plant, the final mass of the products is 6.32×10^-27kg, while the initial mass of the reactant is 6.30×10^-27kg, the energy released in the process is (speed of light in vacuum 3.0×10^8m/s, 1eV = 1.6×10^-19J)
B. 11.25 MJ
ANSWER: A (11.25meV)
5. A 1.5kg stone was thrown vertically upward with an initial velocity of 42m/s, What is the potential energy of the stone at the highest point reached.
ANSWER: A (11.25meV)
6. When two objects P and Q are supplied with the same quantity of heat, the temperature change in p is observed to be twice that of Q. The mass of P is half that of Q. The ratio of the specific heat of P to Q is
ANSWER: C (1:1)
7. The following statements were made by some students describing what happened during the determination of the melting point of solids
1. The temperature of the solid was constant until melting started
2. The temperature of the solid rose until melting started
3. During melting, the temperature was rising
4. During melting, the temperature was constant
5. The temperature continued to rise after all the solid had melted.
6. The temperature stopped rising after all the solid had melted. Which of the following gives correct statements in the right order?
A. 2, 4 and 5
B. 2, 3 and 6
C. 1, 3 and 6
D. 1, 3 and 5
ANSWER: A (2, 4, and 5)
8. A silver spoon and a wooden spoon are both at room temperature. The silver spoon is cooler to touch because silver
A. has a greater density
B. can be polished
C. is a less absorbent material than wood
D. is a better conductor of heat
ANSWER: D (is a better conductor of heat)
See: How to Check Jamb Result With Phone or Registration Number.
9. A long jumper leaves the ground at an angle of 20 degrees above the horizontal and at a speed of 11m/s. How far does it jump in the horizontal direction?
ANSWER: B (7.49)
10. The thrust due to hydrostatic pressure alone on the bottom of a fish tank which is 60cm x 40cm when the depth of water is 30cm is?
ANSWER: C (720 N)
11. An object of mass 50g is suspended from the end of a spiral spring of force constant 0.5N/m, the body is set into simple harmonic motion with 0.3m displacement. The period of the motion is
ANSWER: B (1.99s)
12. If 21g of alcohol of density 0.7gcm^-3 is mixed with 10g of water, what would be the density of the resulting mixture?
ANSWER: B (0.78gcm^-3 )
13. Two masses 50g and 70g are suspended from the respective ends of a light metre rule, the centre of gravity of the system is
ANSWER: B (52.3 cm )
14. A transformer which can produce 10V from a 240V a.c supply has an efficiency of 60%. If the current in the secondary winding coil is 15A, the current in the primary coil is
A. 15.0 A
B. 1.04 A
C. 16.04 A
D. 13.96 A
ANSWER: B (1.04 A )
15. The acceleration due to gravity
A. increases with increasing altitude
B. decreases with increasing altitude
C. increases with an increase in the square of the altitude
D. is not affected by the altitude
ANSWER: B (decrease with increase in the square of the altitude )
16. A nail is pulled from a wall with a string tied to the nail. If the string is inclined at an angle of 30 degrees to the wall and the tension in the string is 50N, the effective force used in pulling the nail is:
B. 25 SQRT(3)
C. 50 N
D. 50 SQRT(3)
ANSWER: A (25 N )
17. The electromagnetic waves that are sensitive to temperature changes are
A. Ultra-violet rays
C. Infra-red rays
ANSWER: C (Infrared rays )
18. A boy of mass m, suspended from a spring, is put into simple harmonic motion. If the motion has amplitude A and the spring constant k, the maximum potential energy of the mass is
B. 0.5 kA^2
ANSWER: B (0.5 KA^2 )
19. A transformer connected to a 240V a.c, source has 500 turns in its primary winding and 25 turns in its secondary winding. Calculate the e.m.f induced in the secondary winding
A. 9.6 V
B. 12.0 V
C. 120.0 V
D. 52.1 V
ANSWER: B (12.0 V )
20. The fundamental frequency of vibration of a sonometer wire may be halved by
A. doubling the length of the wire
B. doubling the mass of the wire
C. reducing the tension by half
D. reducing the absolute temperature
ANSWER: A (doubling the length of the wire )
- JAMB Physics Syllabus
- List of schools and their courses
- List of Schools and their Cutoff Marks
- List of Federal Universities in Nigeria and Their School Fees
- List of State Universities in Nigeria and Their School Fees
21. A car of mass 800kg attains a speed of 25m/s in 20 secs. The power developed in the engine is
A. 25 x 104 W
B. 50 x 104 W
C. 25 x 106W
D. 50 x 106 W
22. When the brakes in a car are applied, the frictional force on the tyres
A. is a disadvantage because it is in the direction of the motion of the car
B. is a disadvantage because it is in the opposite direction of the motion of the car
C. is an advantage because it is in the direction of the motion of the car
D. is an advantage because it is in the opposite direction of the motion of the car
23. If the stress on a wire is 107NM-2 and the wire is stretched from its original length of 10.00 cm to 10.05 cm. The young’s modulus of the wire is
A. 5.0 x 104 Nm-2
B. 5 .0 x 105 Nm-2
C. 2.0 x 108 Nm-2
D. 2.0 x 109 Nm-2
24. A solid weigh 10 .00 N in air, 6 N when fully immersed in water and 7.0 N when fully immersed in a liquid X. Calculate the relative density of the liquid, X.
25. When the temperature of liquid increases, its surface tension
C. Remain Constant
D. Increases then decrease
26. A gas at a volume of Vo in a container at pressure Po is compressed to one-fifth of its volume. What will be its pressure if the magnitude of its original temperature T is constant?
27. A waterfall is 420m high, calculate the difference in temperature of the water between the top and bottom of the waterfall assuming no heat is lost. [speciﬁc heat capacity of water = 4.20 * 103Jkg-1K-1g=10-2]
A. 10° C
B. 42.0° C
C. 4.2° C
28. A body when slightly displaced is said to be in neutral equilibrium only if it tends to
A. comes to rest in a new position with the centre of gravity and height remaining unchanged
B.return to its original position
C.remain in its displaced position
D. move further away from its original position while its centre of mass changes
29. A string of length 5m is extended by 0.04m when a load of 0.8kg is suspended at the end. How far will it extend if a force of 16N is applied? [g = 1Oms-2]
30. Which of the following has negligible mass?
B. Gamma rays
C. Beta particles
D. Alpha particles
31. How can energy loss be minimized through Eddy-current?
A. By using a high resistance wire
B. By using insulated soft iron wires
C. By using low resistance wires
D. By using turns of wires
32. Calculate the upthrust on an object of volume 50cm3 which is immersed in a liquid of density 103kgm-3. [g = 10ms-2]
33. Which of the following would appear when a white screen is illuminated by red and green light?
34. I. Refraction II. Interference III. Diffraction, Which of the above properties are common to all waves?
A. II and III only
B. I, II and IIII
C. I and II only
D. I and III only
35. Calculate the electric ﬁeld intensity between two plates of potential difference 6.5V when separated by a distance of 35cm
A. 18.57 NC-1
B. 53.06 NC-1
C. 2.28 NC-1
D. 0.80 NC-1
36. The distance between the image and the object in a plane mirror is 40cm if the distance of the object is reduced by 9.2cm, what is the distance of the object from the mirror?
37. Find the potential energy of an object of mass 10kg placed on a building floor 10m above the ground level. [g=10m-2]
38. The volume of a ﬁxed mass of gas is 10cm3 when its pressure is 400cmHg. Determine the volume of the gas when its pressure is 200cmHg.
A. 30 cm3
B. 40 cm3
C. 50 cm3
D. 20 cm3
39. The product PV where P is pressure and V is volume has the same unit as
40. What is the cost of running seven 40W lamps and five 80W lamps for 12 hours if the electrical energy cost ₦ 7.00kWk?
A. ₦ 80.00
B. ₦ 45.36
C. ₦ 65.00
D. ₦ 57.12
The above questions are not the real JAMB Physics questions and answers for the 2023/2024 CBT exams
Bekeking also has these jamb questions and answers on all the subjects so Check below to get more jamb questions and answers for CBT exams 2023/2024 for other subjects.
- JAMB Biology Questions and Answers
- JAMB Mathematics Questions and Answers
- JAMB English Questions and Answers
Last Updated on March 15, 2023 by Admin
153 thoughts on “JAMB Physics Questions and Answers for 2023/2024 (CBT)”
Thank u sir and may God bless u more sir, but why didn’t u answer the other question?
Are these the correct questions
Thanks. But will these questions come out in jamb 2023 April
But why didn’t you answer the rest
Please sir provide the answer
really appreciate you sir may almighty bless you
Thank you so much it really helping me
Thanks but we need answers to the rest of questions sir.
Thank you so much I hope for this to come out
Thanks but try and put answers to the rest
Pls is this for this year
Thank u sir
I hope these are the questions that will be coming out on this year’s jamb
I thought so too
The way u said l thought so, is it that it didn’t come out?
We pray so
Awesome but why did u stop answering the rest question