You are welcome to 2023 JAMB mathematics questions and answers. Before we proceed, let’s get ourselves acquainted with what you need to know in order to excel in JAMB Mathematics.
I can tell you from experience that JAMB Mathematics is not difficult. You only need to read using the JAMB Mathematics syllabus as a guide to know the topics JAMB requires you to know.
Check for the tips to pass the JAMB Mathematics question at the bottom of this page.
Having said that, let’s quickly go to Jamb Mathematics questions and answers. Use them to prepare for the JAMB mock and examination.
2023 JAMB Mathematics Sample Questions and Answers to CBT exams (Expo)
JAMB Mathematics answers 2023 Loading…
Note: The questions below are strictly for practice.
1. The expression ax^2 + bx takes the value 6 when x = 1 and 10 when x = 2. Find its values when x = 5
ANSWER: A (10)
2. The indefinite integral of xe^x, for any real constant is
B. x + e^x + C
C. x^2 + e^x + C
D. e^x(x-1) + C
ANSWER: D ( e^x(x-1) + C )
3. A cone has a base radius of 4 cm and a height of 3 cm. The area of its curved surface is
A. 12 pi cm^2
B. 20 pi cm^2
C. 24 pi cm^2
D. 251 pi cm^2
ANSWER: B (20 pi cm^2)
4. The sum of the first five terms 0f the series 4+2+1… is
ANSWER: D (31/4)
5. If a√5 + b √2 is the square root of 95-30√10, the values of a and b are, respectively
A. 5, 2
B. 2, -5
C. -5, 3
D. 3, -5
ANSWER: D (3, -5)
6. Factorise completely 8p + 125py^3
ANSWER: B (2+5y)(4-10y+25y^2)
7. Two fair dice are rolled. What is the probability that both show up the same number of point?
ANSWER: D (1/6)
8. A bag contains 5 yellow balls, 6 green balls and 9 black balls. A ball is drawn from the bag. What is the probability that it is black or yellow ball
ANSWER: C (7/10)
9. If x = 1 is the root of the equation x^3 -2x^2- 5x +6, find the other roots
A. -3 and 2
B. 2 and 2
C. 3 and -2
D. 1 and 3
ANSWER: C (3 and -2)
10. If 27^x = 9^(x-y), then the formula connecting x and y is
A. x+2y = 0
B. x-2y = 0
C. x^2+2y^2 = 0
D. x+2y = 1
ANSWER: A ( x+2y = 0 )
11. The expression px^3+2qx^2+24 has x-1 and x+2 as factors. The values of p and q are respectively?
A. -6, -9
B. -2, 1
C. -2, -1
D. 0, 1
ANSWER: A ( -6, -9 )
12. The expression a^3+b^3 is equal to
ANSWER: B (a+b)(a^2-ab+b^2)
13. The interior angles of a pentagon are: 180 degrees, 118 degrees, 78 degrees, 84 degrees, and x. The value of x is?
A. 75 degrees
B. 80 degrees
C. 120 degrees
D. 134 degrees
ANSWER: B (80 degrees)
14. Find the value of k which makes the expression y^2+2(k+1)y+k+3 perfect square
A. -1, 1
B. 2, -2
C. 1, -2
D. -1, 2
ANSWER: C (-2 or 1)
15. Two brothers, Peter and Paul owned a business in which the ratio of shares is 5:3 respectively. Paul later sold 1/3 of his shares to Peter 15, 000 naira. Find the total value of the business.
A. 12000 naira
B. 1200 naira
C. 120000 naira
D. 1200000000 naira
ANSWER: C (120,000 naira)
16 Express, correct to three significant figures, 0.003597.
17. Evaluate: (0.064)^-1/3
18. Solve: y+1/2 – 2y-1/3 = 4
A. y = 19
B. y = -19
C. y = -29
D. y = 29
19. Musa borrows #10.00 at 2% per month interest and repays #8.00 after 4 months. However much does he still owe?
20. If 3 gallons of spirit containing 20% water is added to 5gallons of another spirit containing 15% water, what percentage of the mixture is water?
21. What is the product of 27/5 – (3)3 and (1/5)?
22. Simplify 2log2/5 – log72/125 + log9
A. 1 – 4log 3
B. –1 + 2log3
C. –1 +5log2
23. A car travels from Calabar to Enugu, a distance of pkm with an average speed of ukm per hour and continues to Benin, a distance of qkm, with an average speed of wkm per hour. Find its average speed from Calabar to Benin.
24. If w varies inversely as uv/u + v and is equal to 8 when u = 2 and v = 6, find a relationship between u, v, w.
A. upw = 16(u + t)
B. 16ur = 3w(u + t)
C. upw = 12(u + t)
D. 12upw = u + r
25. If g(x = x2 + 3x ) find g(x + 1) – g(x)
A. (x + 2)
B. 2(x + 2)
C. (2x + 1)
D. (x + 4)
26. Factorize m3 – m2 – m + 2
A. (m2 + 1)(m – 2)
B. (m + 1)(m + 1)(m + 2)
C. (m + 1)(m + 1)(m – 2)
D. (m2 + 2)(m – 1)
27. The angles of a quadrilateral are 5x – 30, 4x + 60, 60 – x and 3x + 61. find the smallest of these angles.
A. 5x – 30
B. 4x + 60
C. 60 – x
D. 3x + 61
28. What is the nth term of the sequence 2, 6, 12, 20,…?
A. 4n – 2
B. 2(3n – 1)
C. n2 + n
D. n2 + 3n +2
29. If the binary operation * is defined by m*n = mn + m + n for any real number m and n, find the identity element under this operation.
A. e = 1
B. e = -1
C. e = -2
D. e = 0
30. Each of the interior angles of a regular polygon is 1400. How many sides has the polygon?
- JAMB Change of Course and Institution
- List of schools and their courses
- List of Schools and their Cutoff Marks
- List of Federal Universities in Nigeria and Their School Fees
- List of State Universities in Nigeria and Their School Fees
Following the tips below would help you score high in JAMB mathematics:
Tip One: Study Intensively:
I must sincerely tell you that studying mathematics is not just reading it without solving and practicing it yourself.
Many Jambites and Jambitos read mathematics the way they read other subjects that do not really involve calculations but that’s wrong.
To score high in Jamb Mathematics, you must spend quality time solving and understanding every single thing in each topic you come across as much as you can.
Do not just read to pass your Jamb Mathematics exam but study to know it and keep your mind away from JAMB Mathematics Expo.
Many candidates always have it in mind that current will flow in the hall, What if the reverse becomes the case? That’s one of the reasons you need to study hard.
You can become a Mathematics guru by studying maths consistently and trying to understand everything required of you as a Jamb candidate.
Tip Two: Always Read Your JAMB Past Questions after Studying
If there is anything you need most after your textbook, then it should be Jamb past questions. You have really gotten this point very well because I know this was what you had in mind before coming to Google to search for JAMB MATHEMATICS QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS TO CBT EXAMS 2023.
Believe me, 90% of Jamb questions are repeated questions. when I say repeated questions, I mean “they are similar questions with the same pattern of solving” although they may not actually appear the same.
So don’t let anyone deceive you to go and start buying the biggest mathematics textbooks in bookshops. Studying Past questions has all it takes to grant you success in your Jamb CBT exams.
Tip Three: Avoid Fear
Fear can make you forget what you have studied or make unnecessary mistakes. Believe you can and have the confidence of scoring high.
Sorry if the above tips have taken much of your time but I think they are important to be shared here.
This is a typical JAMB MATHEMATICS QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS. Read and solve them. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Last Updated on March 15, 2023 by Admin