WAEC GCE Biology questions and answers 2020. Welcome to 2020 WAEC Biology in English Questions and Answers. You will find WAEC GCE Biology Objective and Theory Answers, WAEC Biology Essay 2020, WAEC GCE 2020 Biology and the tips you need to pass your WAEC GCE Biology examination at ease.
WAEC GCE Biology Questions and Answers
1. Which of the following groups of animal do not possess a nervous system? (a) Porifera (b) Cnidaria (c) Platyhelminthes (d) Nematoda
2. The structural and pointed similarities in paramecium and Euglena are in the (a) Shape of locomotory organs (b) blunt anterior and pointed posterior (c) presence of micro and mega nuclei in both. (d) presence of anterior and posterior contractile vacuoles
3. Which of the following organisms cannot exist freely on its own? (a) Chlamydomonas (b) Amoeba (c) Paramecium (d) Plasmodium
the diagram below is an illustration of an Arthropod. Study it and answer question 4
4. The Arthropod in the diagram is not an insect because it (a) has a big head which is almost equal to the “thorax. (b) has eight lets and no wings (c) does not have visible eyes on it head (d) has head, thorax and abdomen
5. Which of the following cell organelles is the site for the production of ATP? (a) Lysosome (b) Nucleus (c) Mitochondrion (d) Ribosome
6. An example of osmosis in plants is the (a) movement of water through the xylem (b) loss of water vapour from stomata (c) transaction of food through the phloem (d) absorption of water from the soil by the root.
7. The organism that can carry out both autrophic and heterotrophic modes of nutrition is (a) Chlamydomonas (b) Eudorina (c) Euglena (d) Spirogyra
The diagram below illustrates a part of human skeleton. Study it and answer questions 8 to 10
8. The diagram represent the bones of the (a) upper arm (b) lower arm (c) upper leg (d) lower leg
9. Which of the labeled parts articulates with the head of the trochlea to form a hinge point? (a) I (b) II (c) III (d) IV
10. The labeled part that provides surface for the attachment of the triceps is (a) I (b) II (c) III (d) IV
- WAEC GCE Literature Questions and Answers
- WAEC GCE Physics Questions and Answers
- WAEC GCE Chemistry Questions and Answers
The diagram below illustrates
11. The transverse section of (a) dicotyledonous root (b) monocotyledonous root (c) dicotyledonous stem (d) monocotyledonous stem
12. Which of the following actions does not occur during exhalation in man? (a) Thoracic cavity decreases in volume (b) Diaphragm flattens (c) Ribs move down and in (d) Air pressure increases in the thoracic cavity
The diagram below is an illustration of the urinary tubule in a mammal. Study it and answer question 13 to 15.
13. Which of the following substances is found in part labeled II only? (a) Lipid (b) Protein (c) Salts (d) Water
14. The part which contain the lowest concentration of urea is labeled (a) I (b) II (c) III (d) IV
15. Which of the following substances is greater in concentration in the part labeled IV when compared to that of the part labeled I? (a) Lipid (b) Glucose (c) Urea (d) Uric acid
16. Deamination of amino acids in the liver produces (a) blood sugar (b) glycogen (c) bile (d) urea
17. Which of the following glands also serves as an exocrine gland? (a) Ovary (b) Pancreas (c) Adrenal (d) Thyroid
18. Which of the following sequences is the correct route of the transmission of impulses along a reflex arc?
(a) Receptor → sensory neurone → synapse intermediate neurone → synapse → motor neurone effector
(b) Receptor → motor neurone → synapse → intermediate neurone → synapse → sensory neurone → effector
(c) Effector → intermediate neurone → synapse → motor neurone → synapse →sensory neurone → receptor
(d) Effector → motor neurone → synapse → sensory neurone → synapse → intermediate neurone → receptor
19. when viewing an object that is close to the human eye, the (a) eye lens becomes thin. (b) ciliary muscles relax (c) suspensory ligaments become taut. (d) eye lens become fat
The diagram below is an illustration of the human sperm. Study it and answer questions 20 and 21
20. The part labeled I is the (a) acrosome (b) nucleus (c) mitochondrion (d) tail
21. The function of the part labeled II is to (a) fuse with the ovum during fertilization (b) generate the energy for the sperm to swim to the fallopian tube (c) help the sperm to swim forward (d) dissolve the membrane of the egg during fertilization.
22. Which of the following types of placentation is not common amongst syncarpous pistils? (a) Marginal (b) Axile (c) Parietal (d) Free central
23. The complex energy-rich organic matter which living organisms need for life is (a) water (b) air (c) food (d) mineral salts
24. Which of the following processes are associated with photosynthesis? I. Energy from sunlight is absorbed II Carbon dioxide is evolved III Oxygen is given off IV Glucose is synthesized.
I and II only (b) I, II and IV only (c) I, III and IV only (d) I, II, III and IV
25. Which of the following functions is associated with calcium in plants? Formation of (a) Cell wall (b) Ribosomes. (c) Proteins (d) Cell membrane
WAEC GCE Biology Essay 2020
The above questions are not exactly 2020 WAEC Biology questions and answers but likely WAEC Literature likely repeated questions and answers.
These questions are strictly for practice. The 2020 WAEC GCE Biology expo will be posted on this page on the day of the WAEC GCE Biology examination. Keep checking and refreshing/reloading this page for the answers.
WAEC GCE Biology Questions and Answers 2020 Loading…
If you have any questions about the WAEC GCE Biology questions and answers, kindly drop your question in the comment box.
Last Updated on September 6, 2020 by Admin