Nigeria Prison Recruitment 2020. This article will guide you and clearly tell you how to apply for Nigerian Prison Service Recruitment on the Nigerian Prison recruitment portal, the latest news about Nigeria prison service recruitment and everything you need to know.
- 1 Requirements for Nigerian Prison Service Intake 2020/2021
- 2 How to Apply For Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment 2020/2021 (NPS)
- 3 Monthly Salary of the Nigerian Prison Service
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers on Nigerian Prison Service Recruitment
- 5 When is NPS Recruiting for 2020/2021?
- 6 When is the Deadline for NPS Recruitment 2020?
- 7 What are the Functions of the Nigerian Prison Service?
- 8 What is the Primary Role of the Nigerian Prison Service?
- 9 What is the Capacity of the Nigerian Prison Service?
- 10 What is the salary structure of Nigeria Prison Service?
- 11 What are the Six Branches of the Nigerian Prison Service?
Requirements for Nigerian Prison Service Intake 2020/2021
- CDFIPB will only employ suitably qualified Nigerians into the Nigerian prison service.
- Only mentally sound Nigerians will be employ.
- You should be fit and healthy before applying.
- Having good character is necessary.
- You should not be a violent person or belong to any fraternity group.
- Your age should fall between 18 to 30.
- Applicants heights must not be less than 1.65m for males and 1.60 for females.
- Applicants’ chest measurement must not be less than 0.87 for men.
- Read all the academic qualifications before applying.
How to Apply For Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment 2020/2021 (NPS)
To apply for the Nigeria Prison Service recruitment, follow the steps below:
- Visit the Nigerian prison portal at http://recruit.prisonportal.com.ng/
- Create an account by entering your name and password
- Login to the NPS recruitment portal via http://www.prisons.gov.ng/
- Fill in your details and submit your application.
- Print out your registration slip (reference form) to be completed by you.
Note: The application of recruitment conducted by CDFIPB is online.
Monthly Salary of the Nigerian Prison Service
The Nigerian Prison Service Salary is structured according to the rank in line with grade levels and steps of the officers. Averagely, the Nigerian Prison Service employee receives between…and…per year. Also, the monthly average for an NPS officer is…
Their salary is also determined by the three major salary structure board which include;
- Consolidated Paramilitary Salary Structure (CONPASS).
- Consolidated Salary Structure for Medical Officers (CONMESS).
- Consolidated Salary Structure for Health Workers (CONHESS).
Based on rank, the National Prison Service Workers salary is divided into three categories which are based on their three major rank structure which include;
- Superintendent (Category A).
- Inspectorate (Category B).
- Assistant (Category C).
Below is the salary of all Category A officers from the highest rank to the lowest rank;
- Controller-General of Prisons (CG)
- Superintendent of Prison I (SP I)
- Superintendent of Prison II (SP II)
- Deputy Superintendent (DSP)
- Assistant Superintendent I (ASP I)
- Assistant Superintendent II (ASP II)
Below is the salary of all Category B officers from the highest rank to the lowest rank;
- Senior Inspector (SI)
- Inspector of Prison (IP)
- Assistant Inspector of Prison (AIP)
Below is the salary of all Category C officers from the highest rank to the lowest rank;
- Prison Assistant I (PA I)
- Prison Assistant II (PA II)
- Prison Assistant III (PA III)
Note: The average salary of Nigerian Prisons Service Ranks, Salary Structures is workers – ₦800,000-₦1,000,000 annually (₦50,000 monthly).
Trending Jobs in Nigeria:
- Nigerian Custom Recruitment
- Nigeria Federal Fire Service Recruitment
- Npower recruitment
- Civil Defence (NSCDC) Ranks and Salary
- NDDC Recruitment form
- Nigerian Army DSSC Recruitment
- DSS Recruitment
- NDLEA Recruitment
- Npower Registration
- ICPC Recruitment
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers on Nigerian Prison Service Recruitment
When is NPS Recruiting for 2020/2021?
The Nigerian Prison Service Recruitment for 2020/2021 application form is not yet out and the officially Nigerian prison portal is not open for registration. Always check bekeking.com to get the latest news and updates on Nigeria Prison recruitment.
When is the Deadline for NPS Recruitment 2020?
The Nigerian prison registration closing date has not been announced by the authorities of Nigerian prison Service.
What are the Functions of the Nigerian Prison Service?
The Nigerian Prisons Service derives its operational powers fully from the CAP P29 Laws of the Federation of Nigeria 2004. This law empowers the Nigerian Prison Service to carry out the following functions below.
To take all those certified to be so kept by courts of competent jurisdiction into lawful custody.
The following ensues:
1. To produce suspects in courts as and when due for an appearance.
2. To identify the causes of convicts’ anti-social dispositions.
3. To set in motion mechanisms for convicts treatment and training for eventual reintegration into society as normal law-abiding citizens on discharge.
4. To establish and administer Prisons Farms and Industries for the purpose of retraining convicts and in the process generate revenue for the Federal government.
What is the Primary Role of the Nigerian Prison Service?
The primary role of the Nigerian Prison Service, NPS is embedded in its mission statement which is “to promote public protection by providing assistance for offenders in their reformation and rehabilitation under safe, secure, and humane conditions in accordance with the universally accepted standard and to facilitate their social reintegration into the society.”
The Role of NPS are:
1. To take custody of suspects or convicts legally detained.
2. To identify the causes of convicts behaviors.
3. To retrain convicts into becoming useful and noteworthy citizens in any society that they find themselves.
What is the Capacity of the Nigerian Prison Service?
Like every other civil service, the Nigerian Prison Service strength lies in its staff numbers. Today, the Nigerian Prison Service boasts of over 28,500 officers with many other recruits still undergoing training.
What is the salary structure of Nigeria Prison Service?
The average salary of Nigerian Prisons Service Ranks, Salary Structures is workers – ₦800,000-₦1,000,000 annually (₦50,000 monthly).
What are the Six Branches of the Nigerian Prison Service?
For efficient administration and management, the Nigerian Prison Service has various staff branches otherwise known as a directorate.
These directorates are known to be part of the six (6) board administrative divisions which are all headed by six (6) Deputy Controller-Generals (DCGs).
These directorates are listed hereunder:
- Administration and Supplies.
- Works and Logistics.
- Health and Social Welfare.
- Finance and Budget.
- Inmates Training and Productivity.
If you have any question about the Nigerian Prison Service Recruitment or want to get the latest news and updates on Nigeria Prison Service, kindly let us know in the comment box.
Last Updated on May 1, 2020 by Admin