Facebook has made it possible for its users to control and set up some of its features the way they want. You will learn how to hide your likes on Facebook in this article.
No matter what your likes are on Facebook, you can choose to make a statement by making them public or you can go off the Like-grid and keep all your likes to yourself.
Here are some tips to keep some of the posts you like public while hiding other likes that you don’t want everyone seeing.
Types of Facebook Likes
There are several types of likes on Facebook. If you take a look at your profile, you will see different categories, such as Movies, Television, Music, Books, Sports Teams, Athletes, Inspirational People, Restaurants, Games, Activities, Interests, Sports, Food, Clothing, Websites, and Other.
You can control who sees what you like at the category level, but you can’t hide individual things that you like. For example, you can decide to show or hide the sports teams you like, but you can’t hide the fact that you like an individual team.
How to Make Your Likes Private
It’s pretty easy to keep your thoughts to yourself in parts of Facebook; just follow these steps while on a desktop or laptop computer (not the app or mobile site):
- Log into Facebook account
- Select your profile image/name from the bar at the top of the page.
- Select More from the menu bar just under your cover photo.
- Select Likes.
- Select Manage, which shows up as a pencil icon next to Add Likes.
- Select Edit the Privacy of Your Likes from the menu.
- Select the triangle next to the head and shoulders icon for the category you wish to make private.
- Select the level of privacy you want for the like visibility of the category. Your options include: Public, Friends, Friends except acquaintances, Only Me, and Custom. If you want to hide your likes from everyone but yourself, choose Only Me.
- Select Close.
- Your likes should now be private.
You can choose different restrictions for each of the nine categories but unfortunately, as mentioned earlier, you can’t hide the fact that you like individual pages. It’s all or nothing for each category.
Perhaps Facebook will add more granular privacy controls for likes and you’ll be able to hide the fact that you like certain things but until Facebook adds this feature you are forced to show all your strange likes or not show any of them.
That’s it on how to hide your likes on Facebook.
Last Updated on April 7, 2022 by Admin