This post will show you how to block someone on Facebook. Have you thought about stopping some people from disturbing you on Facebook?
There are so many ways to do that but the scope of this article will be based on how to block people.
The following will be considered in this post:
- How to block someone on the facebook page
- How to block someone on the app
- How to block someone
- How to block someone on messenger
- How to block someone on facebook without them knowing
- How do you permanently block someone on facebook?
- what happens when you block someone on facebook messenger
How to Block Someone on Facebook Messenger app
- Open your Facebook Messenger app and go the profile of the person you want to block by clicking on the person’s profile picture.
2. Your chat with the person will open, tap on the person’s picture again to open the profile.
3. Scroll down and select Block from the dropdown
4. You can choose to block the person on messenger only or block on Facebook.
Block on Messenger will lead to the following:
- The person will not be blocked on Facebook
- You won’t receive messages or calls from the person. If you unblock, you won’t receive anything that may have been sent during the block
- You and the person will be able to see, message and call each other in shared groups unless you leave them.
Selecting to Block on Facebook will lead to the following:
- You and the person won’t be friends on Facebook
- The person will also be blocked on Messenger
- Selecting block on Facebook will permanently block the person on facebook.
That’s it on how to block someone on the Messenger app.
See: How to Unblock Someone on Facebook (With Pictures)
Let’s quickly move to the next one.
How to Block a Facebook user on Desktop (Computer)
- Log in to www.facebook.com
2. Click on the question mark icon at the top right corner of the screen and scroll down and click Privacy shortcuts
3. Under Privacy, scroll down and click see more privacy settings
4. Click Privacy under General Account Settings at the left corner of the screen
5. Click Blocking under Privacy at the left-hand side of the screen
5. Enter the name of the person you want to block in space provided under Manage Blocking and click on Block
6. A list of friends with related names will display, scroll down to the person you want to block and click on Block
7. A message will pop up “Are you sure you want to block (the person’s name)?” Click Block (the person’s name) and you are done.
As simple as that.
How to Block Someone on Facebook App
- Open your Facebook app and click on the main menu ( the three vertical lines at the top right corner of the screen)
2. Scroll down and Click Friends
3. Click All Friends at the top of the Page
4. Search for the friend you want to block and click on the three horizontal dots at the right-hand corner of the person’s name.
5. Select Block (the person’s name) from the dropdown list
6. A message will appear, Block (that person’s name)
7. Click Block and that’s it.
Is this article helpful? Please share it with other Facebook users and do come back for more. Thanks.
- How to Secure Facebook Account From Hackers
- Delete Facebook Group in 5 Steps
- How to Create Group On Facebook (A Step by Step Guide)
- Facebook Graph Search: How it works
- How to Create Facebook Account in 6 Steps
- What does Poke mean on Facebook: Facebook Pokes
- Download Facebook Lite: Facebook Lite Download
Last Updated on April 7, 2022 by Admin