Here are the WAEC Geography questions and answers. You will see WAEC Geography objective, map reading (WAEC Geography Practical) and essay questions for free. You will also understand how WAEC Geography questions are set and every detail you need to know about the WAEC Geography examination.
WAEC Geography Objectives Questions and Answers
1. Villages develop into urban centres when they ____
A. attract more people
B. produce enough food
C. establish educational institutions
D. grow in commerce and industry.
2. By how many times will a map measuring 12cm by 7cm be enlarged to make its area 336cm2?
B. Three times
C. Four times
D. Five times.
3. Eluviation is the process by which _______
A. Soluble substances are removed from the upper layers of the soil
B. soluble substances are deposited in the upper layers of the soil
C. fine particles are removed from one layer of the soil to another
D. fine particles are deposited in the upper layers of the soil.
4. Transhumance is the seasonal migration of livestock ______
A. from the lowlands to the uplands
B. from the north to the south following the rains
C. in the semiarid steppes
D. in search of water and pasture.
5. Variations in the lengths of day and night over the earth’s surface are due to the _____
A. earth’s inclination to the sun and its revolution
B. earth’s inclination to the sun and its rotation
C. length of the earth’s orbit
D. thickness of the earth’s atmosphere.
6. The progressive widening of joints and cracks in limestone by solutions, initially leads to the formation of ______
A. grikes and clints
B. stalactites and stalagmites
C. caves and caverns
D. cliffs and dry valleys.
7. When condensation occurs in a rising air mass, latent heat is _____
A. absorbed by carbon dioxide
B. lost to the atmosphere
C. stored in the water molecules
D. released as sensible heat.
8. Two cloud types of great vertical extent that produce much rainfall are _____
A. cumulus and stratus
B. cumulus and cumulo-nimbus
C. cumulo-nimbus and nimbostratus
D. strato-cumulus and nimbo-stratus.
9. The cheapest means of transport for long distance travel is by _____
10. If the distance between two points on a map with scale 1: 50,000 is 35mm, what is the distance between them on the ground?
A. 1.50 km
B. 1.55 km
C. 1.75 km
D. 1.85 km.
11. If a map has a scale of 1: 50,000 and a cocoa plantation is represented on the map by a rectangle 5 cm by 4 cm, what is the area of the plantation?
A. 5 km2
12. On which of the following pairs of dates is the length of day and night equal on the earth’s surface?
A. June 21st and September 21st
B. March 22nd and December 22nd
C. June 21st and December 22nd
D. March 21st and September 23rd.
13. Lakes formed as a result of landslides, screes or avalanches are known as _____
A. man-made lakes
B. barrier lakes
C. caldera lakes
D. rock-hollow lakes.
14. Which of the following is a major environmental problem in heavily industrialized regions?
A. Accelerated erosion
B. Water pollution
C. Frost damage
D. acid rain.
15. The crossing of a boundary between two countries by a migrant is best described as ____
D. international migration.
16. A process whereby a plant community is replaced by another is known as ________
17. The duration of sunshine is measured by the ______
A. aneroid barometer
B. Campbell-Stokes recorder
D. minimum-maximum thermometers.
18. Quartz, feldspar and mica are three principal minerals that can easily be seen in _____
19. The rock with the least carbon content is ______
20. The process by which organic matter is decomposed and synthesized to form part of the soil is known as ______
21. Which of the following groups consists of energy resources?
A. Petroleum, uranium and manganese
B. Coal, bauxite and uranium
C. Water, copper and sun
D. Coal, petroleum and water.
22. A piece of evidence that confirms that the earth is spherical is _______
A. Standard time
B. solar system
C. earth’s orbit
D. moon’s eclipse.
23. A tremendous pressure or temperature change may lead to the formation of ______
24. Which of the following sources of power supply is renewable?
25. Hygrometer is used to measure ______
B. wind direction
C. relative humidity
26. The largest ocean in the world is the _______
A. Atlantic Ocean
B. Indian Ocean
C. Arctic Ocean
D. Pacific Ocean.
27. Rock minerals are said to be crystalline when the atoms forming them are _______
A. found in sedimentary rocks
B. found in crystalline rocks
C. arranged in definite pattern
D. arranged vertically.
28. The difference in time between two longitudes is approximately ______
A. 15 hours
B. 40 minutes
C. 4 hours
D. 4 minutes.
29. A slope is said to be even when the contours are _________
A. equally spaced
C. closely spaced
D. irregularly spaced.
WAEC Geography Questions and Answers Essay and Objectives 2022 (Expo)
The above questions are not exactly 2022 WAEC Geography questions and answers but likely WAEC Geography repeated questions and answers.
These questions are strictly for practice. The 2022 WAEC Geography expo will be posted on this page on the day of the WAEC Geography examination. Keep checking and reloading this page for the answers.
WAEC English Questions and Answers 2022 Loading…
Tips to Help You Pass Your 2022 WAEC Geography Examination
Tip 1: Study Hard
It is a known fact that academic success is directly proportional to hardwork provided prayer is kept constant. Read your books as if it is the only thing you have to do while preparing for your WAEC examination.
Tip 2: Read Past Question on WASSCE Geography
You can attest to the fact that the West African Examination Council (WAEC) always repeats its questions annually.
Reading the WAEC Geography past questions will expose you to the things you are expected to know as a WAEC candidate.
Sometimes, we read our textbooks and still don’t know which area to focus on. WAEC Geography past question will tell you the areas to concentrate.
If you any questions about WAEC Geography Questions and Answers 2022, kindly drop your question in the comment box.
Last Updated on May 9, 2022 by Admin