WAEC Agric Practical Questions and Answers 2020. Many WAEC candidates find it difficult to answer the WAEC Agriculture Practical Questions correctly due to not understanding the questions. I will show you the best way to answer WAEC Agric Science Practical questions and make a good grade in your Agricultural Science examination today 29th August 2020.
You need to understand the WAEC Agric Practical marking scheme before attempting any question so as to present your answers in such a way that it will look attractive to the examiner to enable you earn big marks.
Bear it in mind that every single procedure is awarded marks. So, ensure you do not skip any step while reporting and presenting your practical results. And do not forget to remember that neat drawing and labeling are very important.
You will be expected to carry out an experiment and report your observation.
- Check WAEC Timetable to know the next exam
- WAEC Biology Practical
- WAEC Animal Husbandry Practical Answers
What you will see will not be far from the WAEC Agric Specimen given to your school.
WAEC Agric Practical Specimen Questions and Answer
1. (a) What class of manure does each of specimen A and B belong to.
(b) List three characteristics of each of specimens A and B.
(c) List two precautions to be observed when applying each of specimens A and
(c) List two precautions to be observed when applying each of specimens A and B.
(d) (i)State which of the specimens is recommended to improve clay soil.
(ii) Give two reasons for your answer.
ANS: (a) Natural and Artificial.
(b) Characteristics of Specimen A (Poultry droppings)
– It is bulky
– Rich in micro-organisms
– Contains many plant nutrients/ improves soil fertility the nutrients concentration are fairly low
– Capable of binding soil particles together /improves soil structure has a bad smell
– Improves soil temperature
– Nutrients not easily leached/lasts longer in the soil Reduces soil erosion by improving soil structure Variable nutrient concentration
Specimen B (N-P-K 15 -15-15)
– Granular in structure Has pungent smell
– Contains only few mineral nutrients
– Not bulky in nature
– Does not reduce soil erosion Nutrients are readily available Hygroscopic.
Precautions to take when applying
Specimen A (Poultry droppings)
– Should not be applied when fresh to crops on the field Must not be allowed to touch the plants
– Should cure properly before application/fully decomposed before applying – Wash hands immediately after application
– Wear protective clothing
– Should be applied when soil is wet
Specimen B (N-P-K 15 -15-15)
– Do not allow direct contact with the plant Do not apply when the soil is very dry
– When applying manually always wear gloves Wash hands immediately after application Do not apply to alkaline soils
– Do not eat, drink or smoke when applying the fertilizers Do soil test to know deficient nutrient before applying.
2. (a) Identify specimens D,E and F.
(b) Classify specimens D,E and F according to their mode of formation.
(c) State three characteristics each of specimens D and E.
(d) State three ways in which specimen E is economically important.
ANS: (a) D(Pebbles or sandstone), E(Granite) and F(Marble).
(b) Specimens D – Sedimentary rock
E – Igneous rock
F – Metamorphic rock
(c) Characteristics; Specimen D (Pebbles /Sandstone)
– Occurs in layers or strata
– May be coarse, fine, soft or hard
– Non-crystalline in nature
– May contain fossils/plant and animal remains
– Not resistant to erosion
– May be porous.
Specimen E (Granite)
– Crystalline in nature/contain crystals
– It is massive – Very hard – Impermeable to water
– Highly resistant to erosion and weather element
– Does not contain fossils.
3. (a) Identify specimens C
(b) State two uses of specimens C
(c) Give two maintenance practices for specimens C
(d) Name two other farm tools that can perform the function of specimen C.
The above questions are strictly for practice not the 2020 WAEC Agric practical expo.
WAEC Agric Practical Answers 2020 (EXPO)
Note: The 2020 WAEC Practical Agric answers (expo) will be posted here today during the WAEC Agric Practical exam. Keep checking and reloading this page to know when the answers are posted. Do not forget to reload this page in order to see the answers.
Be patient while waiting in case the answers come late.
WAEC Practical Agric Answers 2020 Loading…
If you have any questions about the 2020 WAEC Agric Practical 2020, kindly let us know in the comment box.
Last Updated on August 29, 2020 by Admin