NOUN Admission form into Diploma, Undergraduate and Postgraduates programmes will soon be on sale and it will be available for purchase online when released officially by the university management.
This post will be updated immediately the National Open University of Nigeria releases the 2020 NOUN Post Utme Form.
NOUN Admission Requirements for All Programmes.
1. Certificate Programmes
a) Proficiency Certificate Programmes
- No previous experience or qualification is necessary.
- Ability to read and write will be an advantage.
Note: Candidates for Proficiency Certificates will NOT be qualified to proceed to Certificates/Diploma programmes without possessing the requisite basic qualifications.
b) University (Academic) Certificate Programmes
- Junior Secondary School Certificate.
- Minimum of 2 credits in SSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO, NABTEB and at not more than two sittings.
- T.C II with at least 2 merits at not more than two sittings.
- Mature candidates of 30 years and above with relevant work experience of not less than 10 years or evidence of prior knowledge/proficiency in a relevant field may be considered on their merit.
- I’dadiyah Certificate of Standard Islamiyyah School.
2. Diploma Programmes
- A minimum of three credits in SSCE/GCE ‘O’ Level, NECO and NABTEB at not more than two sittings with at least a pass in English Language.
- A minimum of three merits in Teacher Grade II Certificate at not more than two sittings.
- Senior Islamic School Certificate/Higher Islamiyyah Certificate including Arabic and Islamic Studies
- Thanawiyyah Certificate of Standard Islamiyyah School.
- NOUN Academic Certificate and Certificates of other recognized institutions.
Note: To qualify to proceed to the appropriate degree programme of NOUN, holders of Diploma Certificates would be required to make up any deficiencies in their SSCE/GCE, NECO, NABTEB and T.C II.
3. Undergraduate Programmes.
- Five credits in the SSCE / GCE O’Level / NECO / NABTEB or equivalents at not more than two (2) sittings obtained in subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of study.
- Teachers’ Grade II Certificates with a minimum of five merits or its combination with any of the certificates listed under (i) to obtain equivalent of five credits at ‘O’Levels.
- Candidates seeking admission into School of Law must have five(5) credits including English Language, Literature in English and at least a credit Pass in Mathematics at not more than two (2) sittings in NECO / SSCE or GCE O/L only.
- The School of Arts and Social Sciences requires that one of the five credits or merits must be in English Language, while at least two (2) should be in subjects relevant to the proposed field.
- For School of Management Sciences, the credit passes at Ordinary Level must include English and Mathematics
- For School of Education, the credit passes must include Mathematics for Science Education and English Language for all humanities. Additionally, those in Science Education must have credit in English Language.
- For School of Science and Technology, the credit passes must include Mathematics and English Language.
- The minimum entry requirement for B.Sc. Environmental Science and Resource Management is five (5) O’Level (SSCE / NECO / GCE or NABTEB) Credits at not more than two sittings including English Language and Mathematics and any of Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agricultural Science and Economics.
- National Diploma at Upper Credit from recognised institutions.
- National Certificate in Education (NCE) in subject(s) relevant to the proposed programme of study with a minimum of one merit and two passes.
- International Baccalaureates, Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) with at least two ‘A’ Level papers in relevant subjects and pre-requisite number of ‘O’ Level credit passes.
- Candidates for entry into School of Law must have a minimum of Second Class (Lower) degree from any recognized University with at least five credits including English Language, Literature in English and a credit pass in Mathematics at not more than two sittings in NECO / SCCE or GCE ‘O’ Level only.
- Candidates for entry into School of Science & Technology may be admitted into 300 Level of the programme provided they have the following qualification:
a) Five (5) credit pass in not more than two sittings in SSCE / NECO / GCE or NABTEB in the following subjects: English Geography and Economics.
b) A registered and licensed Community Health Extension Worker with a Diploma in Community Health Officers Programme (Higher National Diploma) and with not less than two years post qualification experience.
- Five (5) ‘0’ level credit passes and ‘A’ level passes must be in subjects relevant to the proposed programme (s).
- ‘O’ level credit pass in Mathematics is required for all Sciences and Technology, Business Education and Science Education Programmes. ‘O’ level pass in Mathematics may be considered for Social Sciences Programmes. Also, ‘O’ level pass in English Language may be considered for Physics and Mathematics Programmes.
- Candidates applying for B.A English, B.A. (Ed) English and B.Sc. Mass Communication must have ‘O’ level credit pass in Literature in English.
- Holders of First Degree, HND or RN with prior knowledge and relevant work experience may be considered for advanced placement and waiver.
- Candidates awaiting results of any relevant examination may also apply; they should, however, note that processing of application will not be completed until entry requirements are met.
4. POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
Candidates seeking admission must possess either Bachelor Degree Certificates or equivalent from institutions recognised by the Senate of NOUN; or
- Holders of HND with a minimum of Lower Credit from institutions recognised by the Senate of NOUN.
- Candidates seeking admission into the School of Law must possess a minimum of L.L.B degree.
- candidate seeking admission for PGD Agricultural Extension and Management must possess a Bachelor’s degree with at least 3rd class division is required. Candidates with pass degree and minimum of 3 years related experience may be accepted. HND holders in Agric Science or other related disciplines may be admitted. Holders of Bachelor degree in basic Science, Biological/Earth Sciences, and Agricultural Sciences from Universities that are recognised by NOUN are admitable.
- candidate seeking admission for the PGD HIV/AIDS Education and Management must possess HND or a good first degree in related field of study. In addition, 5 credits in English, Mathematics, a science subject and 2 other subjects.
5. MASTERS DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- A first degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower from a University recognised by the Senate of NOUN in a related field or study.
- A postgraduate diploma in a related field from a University recognised by Senate may also be admitted.
- A good honours degree in Education (Arts, Languages, Sciences, Social Sciences, Vocational and Technical subjects) from any University recognized by the Senate of NOUN.
- Prospective students seeking admission for M.Sc. HIV/AIDS Management are required to have PGD in HIV/AIDS education and management as well as 5 credits in: English and Mathematics, a science subject and 2 other subjects.
6. DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (PH.D) PROGRAMMES
- For the Doctor of Philosophy degree programmes, candidates must possess a masters degree in relevant fields of study from a University recognised by the Senate of the NOUN with a minimum score average of not less than 60% or a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
- Candidates for Ph.D Programmes will be invited for an interactive session before an offer of admission is made.
- Candidates are advised to forward transcripts of their academic records and three (3) referees report, 2 of which must be from persons very well acquainted with the candidate’s academic work, to the Dean, Postgraduate School from which admission is requested.
7. ACCESS PROGRAMME.
- As part of her mandate to increase access to Higher Education, the National Open University of Nigeria now offers a Remedial Programme at ‘O’ level to the Nigerian Public.
- Students who are admitted into these programmes will be taught through the face-to-face mode for a full academic year after which they would sit for any National ‘O’ Level examinations of their choice
- For a start, the programme would take off in three Study Centres of the University: Lagos, Kaduna and Kebbi respectively.
See: NOUN School Fees
List of NOUN Programmes
|P010101||B.Agric Animal Science||D0101|
|P010201||B.Agric Agricultural Extension and Rural Development||D0102|
|P010202||B.Agric Agricultural Economics and Agro-Business||D0102|
|P010205||PGD. Agricultural Extension Management||D0102|
|P010301||B.Agric Crop Science||D0103|
|P010302||B.Agric Soil and Land Resources Management||D0103|
|P020202||B.A. Islamic Studies||D0202|
|P020207||B.A. Christian Religious Studies||D0202|
|P020208||PGD. Christian Religious Studies||D0202|
|P020209||M.A. Christian Religious Studies||D0202|
|P030101||B.A.(ED) Early Childhood Education||D0301|
|P030104||B.A.(ED) Primary Education||D0301|
|P030105||B.Sc.(ED) Business Education||D0301|
|P030201||B.Sc.(ED) Agricultural Science||D0302|
|P030204||B.Sc.(ED) Computer Science||D0302|
|P030205||B.Sc.(ED) Integrated Science||D0302|
|P030208||M.ED. Educational Technology||D0302|
|P030209||M.ED. Science Education||D0302|
|P030302||M.ED. Administration and Planning||D0303|
|P030303||M.ED. Guidance and Counselling||D0303|
|P040101||B.NSc. Nursing (new)||D0401|
|P040201||B.Sc. Public Health||D0402|
|P040301||B.Sc. Environmental Health Science||D0403|
|P060101||B.Sc. Business Administration||D0601|
|P060102||B.Sc. Public Administration||D0601|
|P060103||PGD. Business Administration||D0601|
|P060104||PGD. Public Administration||D0601|
|P060105||Masters in Business Administration||D0601|
|P060106||Masters in Public Administration||D0601|
|P060107||M.Sc. Business Administration||D0601|
|P060108||M.Sc. Public Administration||D0601|
|P060207||B.Sc. Cooperative and Rural Development||D0602|
|P060302||B.Sc. Banking and Finance||D0603|
|P070102||B.Sc. Computer Science||D0701|
|P070105||PGD. Information Technology||D0701|
|P070107||M.Sc. Information Technology||D0701|
|P070108||B.Sc. Information Technology||D0701|
|P070202||B.Sc. Environmental Management and Toxicology||D0702|
|P070302||B.Sc. Maths and Computer Science||D0703|
|P080102||eLoun BSc. Economics||D0801|
|P080301||B.Sc. Mass Communication||D0803|
|P080302||PGD. Mass Communication||D0803|
|P080305||M.Sc. Mass Communication||D0803|
|P080401||B.Sc. Political Science||D0804|
|P080501||B.Sc. Tourism Studies||D0805|
|P080601||B.Sc. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution||D0806|
|P080602||PGD. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution||D0806|
|P080603||M.Sc. Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution||D0806|
|P080701||B.Sc. Criminology and Security Studies||D0807|
|P080702||PGD. Criminology and Security Studies||D0807|
|P090101||Diploma in Buiness Communication||D0901|
|P090102||Diploma in Arabic and Islmaic Studies||D0901|
|P090103||Certificate in Arabic and Islamic Studies||D0901|
|P090104||Diploma in Financial Management||D0901|
|P090105||Diploma in Medical Practice||D0901|
|P090106||Certificate in French||D0901|
|P090107||Diploma in French||D0901|
|P090108||Diploma in Marketing||D0901|
|P090109||Diploma in Entrepreneurship||D0901|
|P090110||Certificate in Theology||D0901|
|P090111||Diploma in Christian Theology||D0901|
|P090112||Certificate in Dental Office Practice||D0901|
|P090113||Certificate in Computer Literacy||D0901|
|P090114||Certificate in Call Centre Skills||D0901|
|P090115||Proficiency Certificate in Mobile Phone Repairs||D0901|
|P100201||PhD Christian Theology||D1002|
|P100301||PhD Educational Administration||D1003|
|P100302||PhD Educational Technology||D1003|
|P100303||PhD Science Education||D1003|
|P100304||PhD Educational Planning||D1003|
|P100305||PhD Mathematics Education||D1003|
|P100602||PhD Business Administration||D1006|
|P100603||PhD Public Administration||D1006|
How to Apply for NOUN Post Utme Form.
The registration is electronic and online for 24-hours a day.
The steps below will walk you through to apply for NOUN Admission Form
1. Visit NOUN website at https://www.nouonline.net/
2. On the Home Page, go to the Menu Bar, click on Apply for Admission
3. Select either the Undergraduate Programme or Postgraduate Programme. Other programmes are not available at the moment
4. Go to “Choose Faculty” (note it can be found at the left hand side of the screen)
5. Select Faculty
6. Fill displayed form
7. Click below to view admission criteria
8. Click “Apply” to proceed.
9. Take note of the UNIQUE ID displayed
10. Click ‘Continue’ button
11. Select Bank Branch as payment type
12. Click “Pay”
Copy and take your RRR number to any bank branch for payment.
- Perform step 1 to 3
- Go to “Continue After Payment”
- Input Unique ID, RRR number and Programme
- Click “Proceed”
- Fill Form. (all fields marked with a red asterisk are compulsory )
After filling form
- Click “Submit”
- Print Admission Letter
- Visit the nearest study centre for screening
Applicants are advised to insist on paying the stipulated cost only and obtain official receipt at the point of payment.
How Much Is NOUN Admission Application Form
- Undergraduate Programmes N5, 000.00 (five thousand naira only)
- Postgraduate (PGD and Masters) Programmes N7, 500.00 (Seven thousand five hundred naira only).
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) Programmes N10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira only).
If you have questions concerning NOUN Admission Form, kindly reach us via the comment section and do not forget to share this information by clicking the Facebook or other social media buttons below. Thanks.
Last Updated on May 19, 2020 by Admin