NECO Physics Questions and Answers 2020. I will be showing you the NECO Physics objective and theory answers as well as repeated questions for free in this post. You will also understand how NECO Physics questions are set and how to answer them.
The National Examinations Council (NECO) is an examination body in Nigeria that conducts the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination and the General Certificate in Education in June/July and December/January respectively.
- 1 NECO Physics Objectives And Essay Answers 2020 (Expo)
- 2 NECO Physics Essay Questions
NECO Physics Objectives And Essay Answers 2020 (Expo)
The 2020 NECO Physics expo will be posted here today, 23rd November during the NECO Physics examination. Keep checking and reloading this page for the answers.
NECO 2020 Physics Answers Loading..
Today’s NECO Physics OBJ Answers:
Today’s NECO Physics Essay Answers:
Diagram (step up transformer)
A system is unstable when displaced, it experiences a net force in the same direction as the displacement from equilibrium. It tends to accelerate away from its equilibrium position if displaced even slightly while for neutral equilibrium, the system is independent of displacement from its original position
(ii)Low centre of gravity
(ii)Large surface area in contact
Velocity is defined as the rate of change in the displacement of a body it is a vector quantity with the S.I unit of ms-¹
1. They both involve the escape of molecules into the atmosphere
2. They both depends on the nature of the liquid
3. They both depend on pressure
4. They both depends on area of the surface
5. They both depends on impurities
At equilibrium position Point B, the body possess maxim kinetic energy. As it moves out to end point A and C. It stops momentarily before changing its direction.
They are both derived quantities
67-0/100-0 = x-25/100-25
67/100 = x-25/75
61*3 = 4(x-25)
201 = 4x-100
4x = 201+100
4x = 301
x = 301/4 = 75.25 ohms
The depth of field of a lens camera is less than that of a pinhole camera
– An amplifier
– A speaker
u = 16cm
m = 4=v/u
:. v =4u
v = 4×16 = 64cm
Recall, 1/f = 1/u + 1/v
1/f = 1/16 + 1/64
1/f = 4+1/64
1/f = 5/64
f = 64/5 = 12.8cm
The zinc atoms on the surface of the anode oxidizes I;e they give up both their valence electrons to become positively
The power factor of a circuit is unity when the apparent power equals or some as the real power
(i)Viscosity; the force in between the layers of fluids this force would tend to reduce the velocity at which the stone moves down till it reaches terminal velocity.
(ii)weight; is the actual force acting of the stone in the liquid.
(iii)upthrust is the upward force felt by reply objects in fluid, due to the area displace
A=9 (molecular mass)
B=6 (atomic mass)
More Answers Loading…
The questions below are the NECO 2020 Physics Practice Questions. Go through them and be ready to score high in your NECO 2020 Physics Examination.
1. The equation X15062 => Y150 63 + -1 + energy, represents
A. Alpha decay
C. Gamma decay
D. Photon emission
ANSWER: B (Beta-decay)
2. The ice and steam points of a thermometer are 20mm and 100mm respectively. A temperature of 75 degree celsius corresponds to Y mm on the thermometer. What is Y?
A. 100 mm
B. 70 mm
C. 80 mm
D. 60 mm
ANSWER: C (80mm)
3. When a yellow card is observed through a blue glass, the card would appear as
ANSWER: A (Black)
4. In a nuclear plant, the final mass of the products is 6.32×10^-27kg, while the initial mass of the reactant is 6.30×10^-27kg, the energy released in the process is (speed of light in vacuum 3.0×10^8m/s, 1eV = 1.6×10^-19J)
B. 11.25 MJ
ANSWER: A (11.25meV)
5. A 1.5kg stone was thrown vertically upward with an initial velocity of 42m/s, What is the potential energy of the stone at the highest point reached.
ANSWER: A (11.25meV)
6. When two objects P and Q are supplied with the same quantity of heat, the temperature change in p is observed to be twice that of Q. The mass of P is half that of Q. The ratio of the specific heat of P to Q is
ANSWER: C (1:1)
7. The following statements were made by some students describing what happened during the determination of the melting point of solids
1. The temperature of the solid was constant until melting started
2. The temperature of the solid rose until melting started
3. During melting, the temperature was rising
4. During melting, the temperature was constant
5. The temperature continued to rise after all the solid had melted.
6. The temperature stopped rising after all the solid had melted. Which of the following gives correct statements in the right order?
A. 2, 4 and 5
B. 2, 3 and 6
C. 1, 3 and 6
D. 1, 3 and 5
ANSWER: A (2, 4, and 5)
8. A silver spoon and a wooden spoon are both at room temperature. The silver spoon is cooler to touch because silver
A. has a greater density
B. can be polished
C. is a less absorbent material than wood
D. is a better conductor of heat
ANSWER: D (is a better conductor of heat)
See: NECO Timetable
NECO Physics Essay Questions
1. (a) A student makes a model of an atom. The model contains 24 electrons, 25 protons and 26 neutrons. Some of these particles are inside a nucleus at the centre of the model.
(i) Determine the nucleon number (mass number) of the atom.
(ii) Explain why the model represents a charged atom.
(iii) The student makes a new model of a different isotope of the same element. Describe the nucleus of this new model.
Ans: 1 (a)
(i) 51 B1
(ii) more protons than electrons or different number of protons and electrons positive and negative do not cancel.
(iii) 25 protons. a different number of neutrons.
2. Fig. 1.1 shows the distance-time graph for two cyclists A and B. They start a 500 m race together but finish the race at different times.
(a) Use Fig. 1.1 to determine
(i) the distance between A and B at time t = 20s,
(ii) the difference in the time taken by A and B for the race.
(b) Cyclist C starts the race at the same time as A and B and covers the first 200m of the race at a constant speed of 5.0 m/s. He then accelerates and finishes the race at t = 60s.
(i) On Fig. 1.1, draw the distance-time graph for cyclist C.
(ii) Calculate the average speed of cyclist C for the whole race.
Ans: (a) (i) 60 m
(b) (i) straight line from origin to 200 m at 40s any line straight or curved from (40,200) to (60,500)
(ii) s = d/t or 500/60 = 8.3m/s
Neco Physics Objective Sample Questions;
If a satellite travels at a constant speed round the earth in a circular orbit,
1. Which of the quantities in the list below are scalars.
(a) acceleration (b) force (c) mass (e) speed.
2. The velocity of the satellite changes, but its speed is constant. State what is meant by velocity…………………….
3. Explain why the velocity changes……………………………
4. Explain what makes this satellite move in an orbit that is circular
Have a Target and Work Towards Actualizing it
You have decided to pass NECO Physics 2020 and I am sure of that. Now, the next thing you should do is set targets.
You have told yourself, “I will score A in Neco Physics 2020”, that’s not all. You need to plan on how to make it happen. Create a timetable and master plan to achieve your goals.
Get the Recommended Textbook on Physics for 2020 NECO Examination
Normally, Neco recommends books for the examination. But apart from NECO English Literature where certain novels are compulsory, you are free to use any good English Language textbook to prepare for NECO 2020 exam.
Some textbooks are more difficult to understand. If you have any topic you are finding difficult to understand, then get a textbook that will simplify the topics and make life better for you.
Do not Skip Physics Examples and Exercise you Will Come Across While Reading:
Many candidates are fond of skipping exercises and even examples while studying textbooks. In fact, we like notebooks so much that we could ask, “can I read my notebook and pass NECO Physics 2020?” Don’t be scared of attempting exercises in Biology. Face the challenges.
Note: The above questions are likely NECO Physics Questions and Answers, not the real questions
If you have any question about the NECO Physics Questions and Answers 2020, kindly drop your question in the comment box.
Last Updated on November 23, 2020 by Admin