2022 NECO Civic Education Answers, 2022NECO Civic Education Expo NECO Civic Education Past questions and everything you need to know about 2021 Neco civic Education will be provided in this article.
NECO Civic Education Questions and Answers (Expo)
The 2022 NECO Civic Education expo will be posted here during the NECO Civic Education examination. Keep checking and reloading this page for the answers.
NECO 2022 Civic Education Answers Loading...
Today’s NECO Civic Education OBJ Answers: We will soon post the answers, wait patiently.
NECO Civic OBJ:
Civic education is the study of the theoretical, political and practical aspects of citizenship, as well as its rights and duties.
(i) Peace and Equality:
Civic education teaches us to respect each other’s belief and see each other as brothers or equal. One sad reoccurrence in our society today is ethnicity and religious superiority.
Through Civic education, we as citizens begin to feel love, devotion and attachment to our country. Obeying the laws of the land, promoting good values, shunning vices and active participation in the governance of the nation
(iii) Sustainable Development:
The curriculum of Civic education is structured to address the goals of sustainable development which are summed up into social justice, ecological sustainability, good governance and economic productivity.
(iv) Mass media
Civic duty refers to the actions that all individuals must take in order to be citizens of a country. Each country has its own specific requirements for civic duty, meaning that the concepts applicable in one part of the world may not be universal.
(i)Paying of taxes; An important duty of any citizen in any country is to pay taxes to the state. Tax is a compulsory contribution to state revenue, levied by the government on workers’ income and business profits, or added to the cost of some goods, services, and transactions.
(ii)Obeying the laws of the state; Law and order is a prerequisite of every society. To ensure that there is law and order therefore, every citizen must obey the laws of the land. Citizens are expected to respect and obey federal, state, and local laws.
(iii)Participating in the political process; Citizens are expected to participate in the political process of the state. The citizen is expected to vote and can also be voted for if he or she vies for a political office. Citizens are expected to be active in the democratic process.
(iv)Protection of public property; Every citizen has the responsibility to protect state property. A lot of tax money is spent by governments to create public properties for the state. As such, it is expected of citizens to take care of these properties.
Selflessness is the quality of unselfish concern for the welfare of others; the quality of not putting yourself first but being willing to give your time or money or effort for others.
Integrity can be seen as the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles. It is also the quality of being upright, not corrupt, but inspiring and fair in actions.
Contentment is a state of being satisfied with one’s life and with what one has. Someone is said to be content if he/she is not always feeling like having everything to himself alone
(i) Encouraging citizen participation in Government: The quality of service rendered by public services will be much better if citizens participated in governance and have platforms on which to express grievances and give feedback. This participatory governance helps to encourage accountability because it puts members and managers of public enterprises on their toes.
(ii) Reformation of code of bureau: The Code of Conduct Bureau is empowered by the constitution to support the Federal Government in curtailing unethical conduct, abuse of office, and other forms of corruption in the public service. Reforming the public service ensures that agencies are completely independent and free from political interference so that the provisions of the Code of Conduct can be enforced and corruption checked.
(iii) Improved salaries: Public servants are the least motivated to work because of their low salary and remuneration package. The government needs to review the salaries of public servants. When public servants are paid what is complementary to the cost of living, they will show more passion for their work which will result in improved services.
(iv) Use of technology in the public service: Public sector in Nigeria still makes use of traditional ways of performing its functions. It is very difficult for the public sector to catch up with standards in a fast-paced technological world. The government needs to invest in Information and technological tools to improve the quality of services.
(v) Human capital development and training: The inefficiency of public servants in Nigeria can be traced to a lack of training and poor human development and management. The government should also invest in good quality education from the school system.
The questions below are the NECO past questions and answers that will help you in your 2022 NECO Civic Education Questions.
1. The legitimate power to compel others into obedience is
2. The organization responsible for the issuance of driving license is
(a) Federal Road Safety Commission
(b) National Union of road Transport Workers
(c) Nigeria Immigration Service
(d) Nigeria Police force
(e) Vehicle Inspection Office
3. Which of the following is a preventive measure against cultism?
(a) Drug Abuse should be encouraged
(b) Religious and moral education should be removed from the school curriculum
(c) Students should be allowed to join any group
(e) Students should be counseled on the evils of cultism.
4. The agency in Nigeria charged with the responsibility of controlling drug abuse is
(a) Federal Road Safety Corps
(b) National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control
(c) National Drugs Law Enforcement Agency
(d) National Orientation Agency
(e) Nigeria Security and Civil Defence corps.
5. Civil Society organizations contribute to the citizen’s ability to exchange- on national issues
6. Constitutional review and amendment is the sole responsibility of the
7. The most effective means of resolving dispute in the society is
(c) Court action
8. The skill-acquisition project that requires huge capital to start is
9. The Nigeria Police Act of 1964 spells out the following functions except
(a) Apprehension of offenders
(b) Bribery and corruption
(c) Prevention and detention of criminals
(d) Protection of lives and property
(e) preservation of law and order
10. Which of the following organizations is not expected to protest against government policies?
(a) Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps
(b) Association of market Women
(c) National Council of Women Societies
(d) Nigeria Football Association
(e) Nigeria Financial Institutions
11. A behaviour that is socially acceptable is
12. The involvement of the majority of the political activities of a nation is called popular
13. A preventive measure against infections of HIV/AIDS is
(a) Being unfaithful to one’s partner
(b) sharing of syringe
(c) the use of sterilized objects
(d) transfusion of blood without screening
(e) unprotected sex
14. Drugs can be abused in the following ways except
Recommended: NECO Timetable
15. Which of the following is not an objective of citizenship education?
(a) Political participation
(b) Political apathy
(c) Political efficacy
(d) Respect for constituted authority
(e) Religious tolerance
16. Which of the following statements if not correct about human trafficking?
(a) Every country in the world is affected by trafficking
(b) it is the abuse of power or a position in order to exploit the vulnerable
(c) Men are mostly victims of the activity
(d) traffickers benefit from the crime
(e) victims are recruited through force or deception
17. A symbol used by political parties for easy identification is known as
18. To win children’s confidence questions should be asked by the parents
19. A foreigner who has resided in Nigeria for 21 years can be granted citizenship by
20. Queuing culture is aimed at ensuring in the society
21. Which of the following is not a measure for curbing cultism in our society?
(a) Good home training
(b) Good leadership
(c) Legislation on cultism
(d) Proliferation of arms
(e) Upholding of societal values
22. In the classification of road, feeder roads are under the supervision of government
(a) District (b) Federal (c) Local (d) Regional (e) State
23. Drug abuse can be curbed through the following ways except
(a) Avoidance of bad friends (b) counseling programme (c) enactment of laws (d) self medication (e) parental monitoring
24. Which of the following does not explain the involvement of the citizens in the political activities of a state?
(a) Attending party meetings (b) Belonging to a political party (c) Membership of a pressure group (d) Contesting election (e) Voter’s registration
25. Interpersonal relationship is promoted through the following attributes except
(a) Caring (b) Envy (c) Honesty (d) Kindness (e) Patience
26. Good values stress the need to be
(a) Arrogant (b) conservative (c) generous (d) selfish (e) Stingy
27 Which of the following is not an acceptable strategy for canvassing for vote? Use of
(a) Campaign (b) Logo (c) Manifesto (d) Rallies (e) thuggery
28. Which of the following is not an objective of youth empowerment programmes? To/For
A. attitude re-orientation among youths. B. create avenue for financial misappropriation C. expose the youths to skills acquisition. D. provide vocational training. E. stimulate entrepreneurial development.
29. Acquiring citizenship education helps and individual to become all the following except
A. Charismatic. B. Creative C. Productive D. Responsible E. Unpatriotic
30. The ability of an individual to dedicate time and resources to support a cause is called. A. Commitment B. Love C. Sincerity D. Tolerance E. Trust.
31. Which of the following factors does not facilitate employment? A. Good medical care B. Loans and grants C. Stable power supply D. Unstable government E. Use of improved technology.
32. Parenthood is defined within the concept of a/an
A. ancestry B. ethnic group C. family D. town E. village
33. Which of the following is not a form of human rights abuse?
A. Child trafficking B. Extra judicial killings C.imprisonment of a convict D. Restriction on freedom of expression E. Restriction on freedom of movement.
34. The ability to do what is right irrespective of external pressure is known as A. morality B. personality C. religious bigotry D. spirituality E. stiff nakedness.
35. Which of the following is equal to drug abuse? A. Application of stitches on wounds B. Use of body spray C. Use of paracetamol D. Consumption of soft drinks E. Self medication
36. Which of the following is a consequence of cultism?
A. Economics hardship B. Under-development C. Religious crisis D. Quest for knowledge E. unexpected death
37. When youths are empowered with proper skills, it helps in the reduction of poverty and ______in the society. A. crimes B. disease C. progress D. self awareness (e) self-pity
38. Which of the following is not a feature of civil society? They
(a) Are formed by people of like minds (b) are independent of the government (c) are pressure groups (d) support all government policies and decisions (e) use more of persuasion the coercion
39. Which of the following is not a reason for the initial introduction of confraternity in Nigerian Universities
(a) Curbing societal ills (b) Disrupting academic activities (c) listening to students’ grievances (d) promoting indigenous African culture (e) use of dialogue to settle disputes
40. Which political party in Nigeria has the word ‘power’ as its slogan
(a) All progressive Congress (b) Alliance for Democracy (c) Labour Party (d) People’s Democratic Party (e) Peoples Redemption party
41. The concept of impartiality of the public servant suggests that he/she must be
(a) Confrontational to superior officers (b) loyal to any government (c) desperate to lead (d) permanent in the service (e) politically biased
42. Which of the following pairs is important in our relationship with others?
(a) Cheating and trust (b) Fighting and gossiping (c) Honesty and social vices (d) Honesty and trust (e) Trust and mistrust
43. The duty of a good citizen is to
(a) Acquire wealth through illegal means (b) be indifferent to political activities (c) cause confusion in the society (d) contribute to the development of the society (e) indulge in anti-social behaviours.
44. In Nigeria’s political arrangement, elections come after every year
(a) 2 (b) 3 (c) 4 (d) 5 (e) 6
45. Which of the following is guilty of human trafficking?
(a) All NGOs rehabilitating rescued victims (b) unknowingly transport the victims (c) Government agencies charged with the responsibility of curbing the act (d) government officials using victims as home maids (e) innocent parents who are ignorant of the offense
46. Which of the following positions in the legislative arm of government is not elective? \
(a) Chief whip (b) Clerk of the House (c) Majority Leader (d) Senate President (e) Speaker of the House
47. The All Progressive Congress is an offshoot of
(a) Action Congress of Nigeria, Labour party and Kowa Party
(b) All Progressives Grand Alliance, Democratic Movement Party and Accord Party
(c) Alliance for Democracy, Conscience and Party and Independent Democrat.
(d) Congress for Progressive Change, Action Congress of Nigeria and all Nigeria Peoples Party
(e) Fresh Democratic party, Peoples Redemption Party and Action Alliance
48. Symptoms of drug abuse do not include
(a) Hyper activity (b) Loss of appetite (c) mental orderliness (d) reduction in sexual urge (e) Sleeplessness
49. According to Universal Declaration of Human Rights the following are core freedoms except right to
(a) Enslave others (b) Liberty (c) Life (d) non-discrimination (e) Security
50. Stigmatization of people living with HIV/AIDS can lead to
(a) Being famous (b) bright future (c) self actualization (d) self esteem (e) social isolation
51. The public servant is part of the arm of government
(a) Executive (b) Judicial (c) Legislative (d) Parliamentary (e) Presidential
52. The most important ingredient and stimulates development in society is
(a) Cooperation (b) generosity (c) intelligence (d) Justice (e) Obedience
53. Which system of government allows the control of the means of production in few hands?
(a) Capitalism (b) Communalism (c) Communism (d) Feudalism (e) Socialism
54. Drug abuse involves the following except
(a) Continuous usage of drugs despite adverse effects (b) self administration of the drug (c) taking drugs based on prescription (d) taking drugs beyond recommended dosage (e) using drugs in medically unaccepted ways
55. Popular participation can be defined as
(a) Elitist involvement in all activities in the society (b) gradual participation of citizens in the activities of the community (c) grassroots participation in politics (d) partial involvement in politics by all qualified citizens (e) voluntary involvement of the majority in the political activities of their country
56. Responsible parenting is essential because it
(a) Guarantes religious and ethnic tolerance (b) produces dysfunctional family (c) prevents children from acquiring skills (d) prepares young ladies for single parenthood (e) prepares young men to be dependent
57. The centre of Human rights and democracy was established in
(a) 1991 (b) 1992 (c) 1993 (d) 1994 (e) 1995
58. What is the colour of this ribbon that symbolizes the campaign about HIV/AIDS?
(a) Blue (b) Green (c) Pink (d) Red (e) Yellow
59. The aim of Youth empowerment programmes is to develop skills
Cultural (b) life-coping (c) political (d) religious (e) social
60. Citizens who patiently bear the pains of government policy are exhibiting the trait of
(a) Dedication (b) loyalty (c) perseverance (d) respect (e) self control
Tips to Pass 2022 NECO Civic Education Examination
Below are the tips that will make you answer your NECO Civic Education questions without a hitch.
You and I know that hard work is proportional to exam success. How do I mean? Any student who studies hard passes any type of examination without any atom of doubt under normal circumstances.
Read NECO Civic Past Questions
The National Examination Council (NECO) repeats questions on Civic Education annually. Using past on NECO Civic Education would make you stand a better chance of making good grades in your NECO Examination.
I wish you success in your NECO Civic Examination.
If you think this post on NECO Civic Education Questions and Answers is helpful, please share it by clicking the Facebook share icon or any of the social media share icons below.
Last Updated on August 8, 2022 by Admin