WAEC Chemistry Practical 2023. Many WAEC candidates find it difficult to answer the WAEC Practical Chemistry Alternative A and B correctly due to not understanding the questions. I will show you the best way to answer the 2023 WAEC Chemistry Practical questions and make a good grade in your Chemistry examination.
It is pertinent you understand the WAEC Chemistry Practical making scheme before attempting any questions so as to present your answers in such a way that they will look attractive to the examiner to earn you big marks.
Bear in mind that every single procedure is awarded marks. So, ensure you do not skip any step while reporting and presenting your practical results.
The Chemistry Practical question paper will consist of two sections and general Chemistry questions namely:
- Quantitative Analysis
- Qualitative Analysis
These involve titration and test of ions. You will be expected to carry out an experiment and report your inference and observation. What you will see will not be far from the WAEC Chemistry Specimen given to your school.
Note: Your titration endpoint will be given to you by your Chemistry teacher. It is not the same for every school but within a range.
Do not use the endpoint here. It may vary from your center endpoint but you can follow the calculation procedures.
- WAEC Physics Practical
- Check WAEC Timetable to know the next exam
- WAEC Biology Practical
- WAEC Economics Answers
WAEC Practical Chemistry Questions and Answers (Expo)
The 2023 answers will be posted here during the exam
Practical Chemistry Answers Loading…
The answers below are for 2022
All your burette readings (initials and final) as well as the size of your pipette must be recorded but no account experiment procedure is required. all calculations must be done in your answer booklet.
1. A is a solution of potassium tetraoxomanganate (VII). B is a solution of iron (II) Chloride containing 4.80 g of the salt in 250cm3 of solution. (a) Put A into the burette. Pipette 20.0cm3 or 25.0 of B into a conical flask, add 20.0cm3 of H2SO4(aq)and titrate with A. repeat the titration to obtain concordant titire values. Tabulate your results and calculate the average volume of A used. The equation of the reaction is: MnO–4(aq) + 5Fe2+(aq) + 8H+(aq) > Mn2+(aq) + 5Fe3+(aq) + 4H2O(I)
(b) From your results and the information provided, calculate the (i) concentration of B in moldm-3; (ii) Concentration of A in moldm-3 (iii) number of moles of Fe2+ in the volume of B pipetted [FeCI2 = 127 gmol-1] Credit will be given for strict adherence to the illustrations for observations precisely and for accurate inferences. all tests, observations and inferences must be clearly entered in the booklet in ink at the time they are made.
2. C and D are inorganic salts. Carry out the following exercises on them. Record your observations and identify any gas(es) evolved. State the conclusions and draw fromt the result of each test. (a) Put all of C in a test tube and add about 5cm3 of distilled water. Shake thoroughly and test the resulting solution with litmus paper. Divide the solution into three portions. (i) To the first portion, add NaOH(aq) in drops, then in excess. (ii) To the second portion, add NH3(aq) in drops, then in excess. (iii) To the third portion, add AgNO3(aq) followed by HCI(aq) (b)(i) Put all of D in a test tube and add about 5cm3 of distilled water. Shake thoroughly and feel the test tube. (ii) To about 2cm3 of the solution, add HCI(aq).
3. State the observations that would be made when each of the following reactions are carried out in the laboratory (a) Addition of 2cm3 of bench H2SO4(aq) to 2cm3 of barrium chloride solution; (b) Addition of 2cm3 of dilute hydrochloric acid to 1 g of powered iron(II) sulphide (FeS); (c) Addition of 2cm3 of dilute hydrochloric acid to 1 g of iron filings and allowed to stand for some time.
1. Equation of the reaction: MnO–4(aq) + 5Fe2+(aq) + 8H+(aq) > Mn2+(aq) + 5Fe3+(aq) + 4H2O(I)
The questions above are strictly for practice, not tomorrow’s Chemistry expo.
If you have any questions about the 2023 WAEC Chemistry Practical questions and answers, kindly let us know in the comment box.
Last Updated on January 9, 2023 by Admin