Do you wish to study in the University of Calgary but you don’t have knowledge on how to go about it? Don’t be perturbed on that again because you are on the right page.
Studying at the University of Calgary will be a lifetime adventure for you as an aspirant because of their high standard of education. This write-up covers all you need to know about the University of Calgary acceptance rate, tuition, courses, and requirements.
The University of Calgary is a public academic establishment that is situated in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
The University of Calgary commenced in 1944 as the Calgary branch of the University of Alberta, instituted in 1908, before being established into a different, autonomous university in 1966.
The institution is made up of 14 faculties, 55 departments and over 85 research institutes and centres.
The major campus which is situated in the northwest quadrant of the city near the Bow River accommodates most of the research facilities and a smaller south campus is situated in the city centre.
As a member of the U15, the institution is also one of Canada’s top research universities this is based on the number of Canada Research Chairs. The academic establishment has a sponsored research revenue of $380.4 million, with total revenues exceeding $1.2 billion.
The university offers 250 programs in post-secondary education awarding bachelors, masters, and doctorate (PhD) degrees. This distinguished academic establishment has given rise to diverse range of undergraduate and graduate programs.
University of Calgary Acceptance Rate
One of the factors that prospective students need to look out for in a school before sending in their admission application to the school is the acceptance rate of the school.
This will help them know their chances of being admitted into the school. Therefore, the University of Calgary has an acceptance rate of 10% to 20%.
This low acceptance rate of the University of Calgary shows that the Institution is extremely Competitive and Selective in giving admission to applicants. So as an applicant,you need to have a very strong academic profitable to have a high chance of being admitted into the Institution.
University of Calgary Tuition:
University of Calgary Tuition is not specific because the institution does not have a general structure for tuition charges.
This means that every Program offered in this academic institution has separate tuition charges. This probability of the tuition fee being high or low also depends on the student’s country of Origin and the credit unit of your selected course.
You can check on the school’s website to check the tuition charge for your desired course of choice.
You’ll see a cost estimator which can be used to check tuition fees and other costs for both the undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs.
Here are the tuition and other school fees for students studying in this academic Institution:
The Student’s tuition charge for full-time Course Load Per Term is $15,033.00. This charge is for 5 courses.
- The general fees for a Term is $670.32
- Fee for Books and Supplies Per Term is $300.00
- The estimated student’s Personal Expenses for a term is $1,000.00
- Accommodation fee for living on Campus Per Term is $1,976.50
- Cost of Meal Plan Per Term is $2,439.50
This is an estimation amount for a fresh undergraduate student studying an engineering program.
Financial Aid Initiative
University of Calgary has lots of opportunities for students financial aid programs. This encompasses scholarships, bursaries, grants and awards.
Students are to check their eligibility before applying. Also, the scholarship opportunities available in the school can either be a need-based or academic-based.
Courses offered in the University of Calgary
The courses written below are the various courses offered in the institution;
- Biological Sciences
- Biomedical Engineering
- Biomedical Sciences
- Business Analytics
- Business Technology Management
- Cellular, Molecular and Microbial Biology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Communication and Media Studies
- Community Rehabilitation
- Computer Science
- East Asian Language Studies
- East Asian Studies
- Electrical Engineering
- Energy and Professional Land Management
- Energy Engineering
- Engineering (common first year)
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Environmental Design
- Environmental Science
- Exercise and Health Physiology
- Film Studies
- Gender and Sexuality Studies
- Geography (Bachelor of Arts)
- Geography (Bachelor of Science)
- Geomatics Engineering
- Global Development Studies
- Greek and Roman Studies
- Health and Society
- International Business Strategy
- International Indigenous Studies
- International Relations
- Landscape Architecture
- Language and Culture
- Latin American Studies
- Law and Society
- Leadership and Coaching
- Linguistics and Language
- Mechanical Engineering
- Motor and Psychosocial Aspects of Movement
- Multidisciplinary Studies
- Music (Bachelor of Arts)
- Music (Bachelor of Music)
- Natural Sciences
- Nursing (Indigenous Community Route)
- Nursing (Rural Community Route)
- Operations Management
- Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources
- Personal Financial Planning
- Plant Biology
- Political Science
- Psychology (Bachelor of Arts)
- Psychology (Bachelor of Science)
- Real Estate Studies
- Religious Studies
- Risk Management and Insurance
- Risk Management: Insurance and Finance
- Social Work
- Software Engineering
- Supply Chain Management
- Undeclared (Arts)
- Urban Studies
- Veterinary Medicine
- Visual Studies
University of Calgary Admission Requirements
There are diverse requirements that an academic establishment uses to carry out their admission processes, this is to enable them to identify applicants who are eligible to be given admission on merit.
The requirements needed to study in the university of Calgary differ with respect to level of education, country of origin, and program of study.
The eligibility requirements differ depending on the program, and how competitive admission is in the admission. The information written below is a broad idea of what the basic admission entry requirements for each program are:
The admission Requirements for Undergraduate-level :
- A high school and post-secondary studies transcripts/expected or predicted results
- A fulfill subject requirements of the program selected, English being a compulsory subject previously studied
- An internet-Based (iBT) TOEFL/ IELTS Academic/ Pearson Test of English (PTE)
- Admission Requirement For Master’s-level :
- A Four-year Bachelor’s degree with a First Class division
- For IIT students, CGPA of 8/10 (or 7.5/10)
- It is mandatory for Students with a three-year Bachelor’s degree to also hold a Master’s degree.
- An Internet-Based (iBT) TOEFL/ IELTS Academic/ Pearson Test of English (PTE)
It will be a good adventure to study in the University of Calgary because the institution is among one of the best schools in Canada that offers standard and excellent undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs.
This article covers every information you are required to know on the University of Calgary acceptance rate, tuition, courses, and requirements. Do not fail to send your questions and your thoughts about this Institution to us, using the comment section.
Last Updated on June 23, 2022 by Admin