Are you looking forward to study in Canada? Studying at Brandon University won’t be a bad adventure because of the academic benefits the school renders such benefits includes good quality education, many kinds of major Programs, their top-notch conducive environment for learning and lots more.
This post covers all the necessary information on Brandon University acceptance rate, tuition, courses and requirements.
About the school
Brandon University which is situated in the Manitoba province was founded in the 19th century. The University is a co-educational, non-denominational institution back up by the government and it is also one of the Universities located in Canada.
Brandon University houses so many faculties. The faculties are; – faculty of arts, school of music, faculty of education, faculty of science, school/ faculty of health education.
These faculties offer collections of programs under major disciplines such as business, education, health, environmental and living sciences, arts, music along with others.
The university offers so many types of programs like degree programs, 2+2 programs, undergraduate programs, graduate programs, pre-professional programs, and certificate programs. The admission procedures at Brandon University can be looked at as being fairly straightforward.
Brandon University Acceptance Rate
Brandon University has a low acceptance rate of 47.5%. This shows that all candidates who are aspiring to study in Brandon University and meet the basic Admission requirements will have little opportunity of getting Admission into Brandon University.
Getting Admission into Brandon University is highly selective and competitive. See Collège Universite de St. Boniface Acceptance Rate.
Brandon University Tuition
To become a student at Brandon University, you will be required to have an estimated amount of $35,000 (Canadian) to cover your first year of academic study ( which takes place from September to April).
The estimated amount covers tuition, on-campus residence with meal plan, books and health insurance, with an exception of Travel costs.
The tuition cost used in this amount is the evaluated undergraduate tuition depending on a full course load (30 credit hours or 5 – 3 credit hour courses per term).
Programs/courses offered in Brandon University
Graduate Programs offered in The School:
- Master of Music
- Master of Education
- Master of Psychiatric Nursing
- Graduate Diploma in Rural Development (GDRD)
- Master of Arts (Rural Development)
- Master of Science (Environmental & Life Sciences)
- Undergraduate Programs offered in Brandon University
- Bachelor of Arts (3-Year, 4-Year, or 4-Year Honours)
- Aboriginal Art (minor only)
- Archaeology Stream (4 year and 4 year Honours major only)
- Applied Disaster & Emergency Studies (4 year and 4 year Honours major and minor only)
- Art and Visual Culture (minor only)
- Business Administration
- Canadian Studies (3 year major only)
- Ceramics (minor only)
- Creative Arts (major only)
- Creative Writing (minor only)
- Drama (minor only)
- Drawing (minor only)
- French (3 year and 4 year major and minor only)
- Gender and Women’s Studies
- Environmental Studies Concentration (4 year and 4 year Honours major only)
- Geomatics Concentration (4 year and 4 year Honours major only)
- Environmental Technologies: GIS (2+2)
- Interdisciplinary Studies (4 year and 4 year Honours major only)
- Liberal Arts Distributed Major (major only)
- Music Arts (3 year major, 3 or 4 year minor)
- Native Languages (minor only)
- Native Studies
- Clinical Specialization (4 year and 4 year Honours major only)
- Painting (minor only)
- Political Science
- Applied Stream
- Rural and Community Studies
- Crime and Community Stream
- Cultural Diversity & Equity Stream
- Aboriginal Art
- Digital Media and Design
- Teaching Stream
- Exercise Science and Fitness Stream
- Recreation and Sport Management Stream
Brandon University International Students Admissions
Brandon University renders services to international Scholars from five continents coming from more than 30 countries. The university noticed an admission of around 200 international students for the previous year.
After the end of first-year academic studies, Brandon University also gives international Scholars different types of scholarships, encompassing those scholarships which are even kept for only international students.
Brandon university also offers international interchange programs and partnership programs with other establishments, institutions, and universities internationally. The process for international applications is almost the same as domestic applicants.
The documents and application material are to be sent directly to the university but now as a result of the global pandemic- COVID-19, the university is admitting all the application-related material by using their email.
Admission Portal: Online
Application fee: An application fee of 60 USD is required
Brandon University Admission Requirements
Aside from the program-specific requirements for admission, international students are expected to submit some extra documents as follows:
- Complete application form
- Application fee
- Official/ certified/ attested evaluated transcripts in English
- Financial proof
- English language proficiency proof- TOEFL/ IELTS/ PTE
- Financial affidavit/ proof of funding
- Passport proof
Specific program requirements:
The university also prepares international students with an English for academic plan program which is meant to improve English proficiency skills and is of high advantage for international students who need skill development in terms of the English language.
English Language Proficiency Test Scores:
International students who are from non-native English speaking countries and are looking forward to study in Canada are required to provide the university with English proficiency scores of TOEFL/ IELTS or PTE.
Proficiency score For Undergraduate:
|Test||Minimum Scores Required (UG)||Minimum Scores Required (Graduate)|
|IELTS||6.5 band overall|
|CanTEST||4.5 (reading and listening)||4.0 (speaking and writing)|
|Test||Minimum Scores Required (Graduate)|
|IELTS||6.5 band overall|
|C1 Advanced||Not applicable|
|CanTEST||4.5 (reading and listening) 4.0 (speaking and writing)|
Note: TOEFL and IELTS scores shouldn’t be more than 2 years old.
Brandon University Canada Undergraduate Admissions
Brandon University offers Undergraduate degree programs in different courses like arts, health studies, business, science, and others.
Some of the degree programs provided are bachelor of arts, bachelor of art, bachelor of Music, bachelor of physical education studies, bachelor of fine sciences, bachelor of Nursing, etc.
International students are expected to carry out the same admission process as domestic applicants. All the test scores needed are to be sent directly to the Brandon University office of admissions.
Admission Portal: Online
Application fee: applicants are expected to pay an application fee of 60 CAD
- Complete Application form
- Academic records
- Evaluated official academic transcripts
- English language proficiency proof- TOEFL/ IELTS/ PTE/ Cambridge English Tests
- Bank statement/ Financial proof/ proof of funding
- Passport proof
International Students at Brandon University, who have not gone to any post-secondary programs are given admission based on official secondary school certificates from their various countries and according to their commendations.
Nevertheless, Scholars from outside Canada that are seeking admission into Brandon University are demanded to meet the minimum requirements for admission to a university or college in the country they have graduated high school from.
Aside from that, they are also demanded to meet the program-specific academic requirements set out by Faculty or school at Brandon University.
Brandon University Canada Graduate Admissions
Brandon University prepares graduate programs mainly in the following courses: music, education, nursing, science, and rural development. Every one of these programs has its specific requirements and specific deadlines.
There are a diverse variety of courses to select from as an international student. Students are expected to send their documents to the university email address for review.
All the test scores are also to be sent directly to the email id mentioned below as the graduate admission process is now paperless due to the global pandemic- COVID-19.
Admission Portal: Online
Application fee: 60 CAD
- Complete graduate Application form
- Coursework and conferral of degree directly from the institution
- Evaluated official transcripts
- English proficiency requirements- IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE/ Cambridge English Tests
- Proof of Finance/ proof of funding
- GMAT or GRE
- Program-specific requirements
- Statement of purpose
- Letters of recommendation
- Resume/ curriculum vitae
- Proof of passport
The vital information you just read in the post above is the information you need to know about Brandon University as a prospective student.
The post covers everything on Brandon University Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Courses, and Requirements. The comment section is widely open for your questions and thoughts.
Last Updated on March 29, 2023 by Admin