UNILAG management has released its postgraduate application form for the 2023/2024 academic session.
Application will be invited from qualified candidates for admission into the postgraduate programmes of the University of Lagos, for the 2023/2024 academic session.
This page will guide you on how to apply. See available courses, the requirements and procedures on how to apply
UNILAG Postgraduate Programmes
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) Programmes.
- Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. LL.M, M.A., M.Ed., M.Sc., etc.).
- Professional Masters Degree Programmes (i.e. EMBA, LLS, MAG, MARPM, MBA, MBF, MCM, MCrim, MDF, MDM, MDR, MDSS, MEM, MESM, MFM, MGIS, MHDM, MHyS, MILD, MILR, MLA, MMAM, MMP, MPA, MPE, MPH, MPIA, MPM, MRM, MRPP, MSEM, MSIS, MTL, MTPM, MTTFL, MUD, MULTP, etc.).
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programmes.
There is flexibility in the mode of study with Full-Time, Part-Time, Executive, and Sandwich options as applicable.
Requirements For UNILAG Postgraduate Form
- Applicants must possess a Bachelors’s degree from this University or any approved University
- Applicants should hold other qualification(s) recognized by the senate of the University of Lagos
- Must undergo a selection process in the form of written and/or oral examinations.
NOTE THE FOLLOWING
- Candidates who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps programme or currently undergoing a Postgraduate programme need not apply. Such applicants will be automatically disqualified.
- Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results need not apply.
- A holder of Degree obtained from an Outreach/Satellite are not eligible to apply. All academic transcripts must reach the Deputy Registrar/Administrative Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the start of the session admission is being sought.
General Requirements For M.Phil And Ph.D
Masters of Philosophy (M.Phil)
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s honours degree from this University or any other approved University with at least a Second Class (Upper Division).
- Candidates with a Master’s degree with a minimum of CGPA of at least 3.50.
- All candidates to the M.Phil. programmes must contact the respective department for the availability of supervisors before applying.
- The candidate may be required to undergo a selection process as determined by the respective department.
Doctor Of Philosophy (Ph.D)
- A candidate who has obtained the degree of Master of Philosophy must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0.
- A candidate who has obtained the degree of Masters of Science must have a minimum CGPA of 4.0.
- Candidates must clear with the respective Departments as to the availability of vacancies/supervisors before applying.
- All candidates may be required to undergo a selection process as may be determined by the department.
For M. Phil and Ph.D. programmes only, admission shall be processed at the beginning of each semester.
All candidates for M.Phil./Ph.D. Admissions are to provide transcripts of their masters’ degrees or formal evidence of performance at master’s level.
How To Apply For UNILAG Postgraduate (PG) Admission Form
- Visit the School of Postgraduate Studies University of Lagos Portal, http://spgs.Unilag.Edu.NG and click on the 2023/2024 Applications link http://Applications.Unilag.Edu.Ng
- Confirm availability and your eligibility for the desired course.
- Click the “Application Form” link and select the Postgraduate option from the Application Type menu
- Complete the Pre-Application Form to obtain a Payment Reference Number. (please print the payment advice)
- Proceed to make payment of the non-refundable fee of N22,500.00 (Twenty Two Thousand and Five Hundred Naira Only)for the Form, and charges through any of the below options:
- Remita Payment: Any commercial bank using the RRR number displayed on the payment advice
- Online Payment: Click the Pay Now link to make payment directly on the portal with your bank debit card.
- After payment, return to the School of Postgraduate Studies website, http://spgs.Unilag.Edu.NG click the 2023/2024 Application link, then “Continue Application” link, login with Payment Reference Number and provide surname in lowercase as password.
- Complete the Application form and upload digital passport photograph (jpeg format) which should not be more than 15KB in size and must be on a white background. The acceptable dimension is width: 275 pixels or 35mm, height: 314 pixels or 40mm. (Failure to comply with specified image format may lead to disqualification.)
- Click “SUBMIT FORM” button if the information is correct, else, click DECLINE button (CANDIDATES ARE ADVISED TO CONCLUDE THE FINAL SUBMISSION ONLY AFTER THEY HAVE COMPLETELY FILLED THE FORM. PLEASE NOTE THAT EDITING OF APPLICATION FORM AFTER FINAL SUBMISSION ATTRACTS A N1, 000 CHARGE).
NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Candidates are advised to read the requirements for their desired programmes carefully to confirm eligibility.
- Candidates awaiting Bachelor’s degree results or are currently undergoing Postgraduate programmes or Nigerian citizens who have not completed the National Youth Service Corps assignments are not eligible.
- Holders of Degrees obtained from Outreach/Satellite campuses are not eligible.
- Every applicant is required to upload EVERY credential listed on the application form for the admission such as: (a) Degree Certificates (Not Statement of Results) (b) NYSC Certificate (c) Professional Certificates
- All Academic Transcripts must reach the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies on or before the beginning of registration/screening exercise.
- All M.Phil./Ph.D. candidates are required to contact the relevant Departments for availability of Supervisors/vacancies before applying.
- Check the dates for ONLINE Qualifying Examination/Interviews and any additional information on the website of the University of Lagos, School of Postgraduate Studies (http://spgs.unilag.edu.ng)
See: Nigerian Universities Currently Selling Masters and Ph.D. Form
Do you have any questions about the UNILAG Postgraduate form? Let us know in the comment section.
Last Updated on January 23, 2023 by Admin
1 thought on “UNILAG Postgraduate Form 2023/2024 | See How To Apply”
Hello, I want to find out if a person with NYSC Exemption certificate can apply for the masters program?