University of Ibadan (UI) is selling forms for admission into its postgraduate programmes for the 2021/2022 academic session. See the courses, requirements, and how to obtain UI postgraduate form below.
Applications will be invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the University of Ibadan (UI) postgraduate programmes for the 2021/2022 academic session.
N/B: The University of Ibadan postgraduate form 2021 is currently not on sale. I will update this page immediately the form is out.
Note The Following:
- Candidates for admission to higher degree programmes shall normally be graduates of the University of Ibadan or other Universities/Institutions recognised by the Senate. Admission shall be made by the Postgraduate School on the recommendation of the appropriate Faculty Postgraduate Committee.
- Candidates without any previous higher degrees in the relevant discipline may be admitted only to either the Degree of Master or the Professional Degree of Master.
- Candidates with recognised “ Research Higher” Degree in the relevant discipline may be admitted to the M.Phil or PhD degree programmes as appropriate, on the recommendation of the appropriate Faculty Postgraduate Committee.
- Where, in respect of an otherwise eligible candidate with a higher degree, a firm recommendation for admission to the PhD degree programme cannot be made. A Faculty may recommend that a candidate be admitted provisionally to the M.Phil/Ph.D. programme pending an assessment report. Such an assessment shall be made by a panel set up by the Faculty Postgraduate Committee on the recommendation of the student’s department and shall take place not later than the end of the first semester of registration.
UI Postgraduate General Admission Requirements
- The basic qualification for admission to all postgraduate Courses and Programmes is a first degree of the University of Ibadan or degree/Higher National Diploma of other recognized Institutions in the relevant discipline. Where qualifications are not strictly in the area of admission, remedial courses, which may lead to additional periods of studentship, may be prescribed.
- applicants must satisfy the ‘O’ Level first degree matriculation requirements of the University of Ibadan, i.e. five ‘O’Level credit passes at ONE sitting, or 6 ‘O’ level credits at TWO sittings including English Language and subject areas for ALL disciplines and Mathematics for ALL Science-based disciplines, Educational Management and Economics and at least a pass in Mathematics for other Social Science Courses OR Holder of NCE must have credit passes in WASC or credit or merit passes in TC II (obtained between 1967 and 1981) in English Language and four other relevant matriculation subjects.
- Candidates for the degree of M.Phil and PhD are admitted in the first instance to the Degree of Master Programme. However, candidates who, in addition to a good first degree, and already holding acceptable postgraduate degrees, may be considered for direct admission to theM. Phil and PhD. Programmes.
UI Postgraduate Programmes – Types of Admission
- Full-Time Admission
Full–time admission can be offered only to candidates who satisfy the Postgraduate School that they are not in employment, or that their employers have released them to undertake full–time studies. Candidates found to have made a false declaration in this regard shall be asked to withdraw from the University.
- Part-Time Admission
Candidates may be admitted to part-time registration if they are on the university’s academic staff or can satisfy the Postgraduate School that facilities for their work as part-time students are adequate. Candidates applying for part-time registration may be asked to show evidence of release by their employers.
- Admission as Occasional Students
Candidates who satisfy the minimum entry requirements for the higher degree programme and are recommended by the Faculty Postgraduate Committee may be admitted as occasional students, but shall not be awarded a degree from the University of Ibadan. This type of admission is also open to candidates registered for higher degrees of other Universities, recognized by Senate.
How To Apply For UI Postgraduate (PG) Admission Form
- Visit the school website www.pgschool.ui.edu.ng
- Application forms cost N13,000 for academic programmes and N18,000 for professional programmes. Applicants for the Master and Postgraduate Diploma degree are to pay an extra N3, 000:00 for a test of proficiency in English Language.
- All application forms are to be submitted on-line. Applicants are to approach any of the Banks listed on the invoice. Note that E-channels are available at GTB and Skye Bank PLC.
- Incomplete information from an applicant may delay or halt action on such application.
- A candidate may apply to only one department or programme.
- Applicants are to upload their relevant credentials and submit along with their application electronically
- Applicants would be informed electronically (through the email addresses provided in the electronically filled Application form) of progress in processing their forms.
Letters of Recommendation
The Postgraduate School, University of Ibadan, requires three letters of recommendation from faculty members or others well acquainted with the student’s academic work. Please note that the referee forms are available online, to be completed and submitted electronically.
Official transcripts of all degrees completed are to be mailed directly to the Postgraduate School. If the Registrar of an applicant’s University will provide an official copy to the School directly, applicants must enclose along with the application an unofficial or student’s copy of the transcript for temporary reference.
To prevent delays, applicants should make adequate arrangements with their Registrars to provide transcripts before the stipulated deadline.
If you think this post about UI Postgraduate form can be helpful to somebody else, please share it on Whatsapp, Twitter, Facebook. There are buttons below for this (easy to use too)!
Last Updated on December 7, 2021 by Admin