The management of Benue State University, Makurdi has not announced the sale of their Postgraduate Admission Form for the 2023/2024 Academic Session.
The general public is hereby invited for application in any of the postgraduate programmes. Interested and qualified individuals should hurry now to buy the form.
This article will help to assist every prospective applicant on how they can make their registration successful and provide them with other vital information they are supposed to have.
It is advisable that every applicant goes through the Benue State University (BSUM) School of Postgraduate Studies requirements before application.
Any Applicant who does not meet the necessary requirements could be disqualified from admission.
See: BSUM Postgraduate School Fees
Benue State University Postgraduate General Admission Requirements.
The following are the requirements for Postgraduate Admission to Benue State University.
- Applicants of Benue State University must meet the following requirements for their Barchelor’s Degree in Ordinary Level (O’Level)
- A Credit in English is required for all courses;
- A Credit in Mathematics is required for all Science based courses, Management Sciences, Economics and Faculty of Environmental Sciences;
- A Pass in Mathematics is required for other Social Sciences and non- Science Education Courses. Psychology requires at least a Pass in Biology or Health Sciences;
- ‘O’ Level Credit pass in Economics is required for all Management Science courses and Economics;
- A Credit pass in ‘O’ Level Literature is required for programmes in the Departments of English, Languages & Linguistics, Theatre Arts and Law, while a Pass in Literature is required for Language Education programme;
- IJMB ‘0; Level Credit Pass in Mathematics and English are acceptable in lieu of Credit pass at SSCE or GCE ‘O’ Level English;
- NCE English major is acceptable in lieu of ‘0’ Level Literature;
- NCE Use of English is acceptable in lieu of ‘0’ Level Credit pass in SSCE or GCE ‘0’ Level English.
- Psychology requires at least a Pass in Biology or Health Science;
- In all cases, ‘A’ Level Passes supercedes ‘0’ Level Passes.
- Master Degree Programmes (M.Sc, M.A. and M.Ed)
The applicant must have graduated from first Degree with a minimum of Second Class Lower Division from the University or from any other University recognized by the Senate of Benue State University,
- For M.Sc in medical courses, the applicants must be Medical graduates of this University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Benue State University, who are fully registered with Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria as Doctors.
- For M.Sc Mathematics and Computer Science, candidates must hold B.Sc. Mathematics or Computer Science from the University or from any other University recognized by the Senate of Benue State University with a minimum CGPA of 3.00. Candidates with Bachelor’s degree in related fields such as Mathematics Education, Statistics, Mathematics/Statistics, Statistics/Computer Science or PGD in Mathematics or related field at a minimum pass level of 3.00/5.00 may be considered for M. Sc Mathematics while candidates with Bachelor’s degree in related fields like Mathematics, Physics, Electrical/Electronics Engineering, B.Sc (Ed) Computer and Information Management or PGD in Computer Science with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 may be considered for M. Sc Computer Science. Such candidates may be required to make up for any deficiencies by attending appropriate module(s) from the School’s undergraduate programme.
- Doctor of Philosophy Programmes (PhD)
Candidates for PhD must have a good Masters Degree with a CGPA of not less than 3.50 or ‘B’ grade from Benue State University or any University recognized by the Senate of Benue State University,
- For PhD. History, candidates with Master of Philosophy degree may be admitted for the programme, or candidates who do not hold an M.A. in History will be required to take a number of 800 level courses for one academic session.
- For PhD programmes in Faculty of Education and in the Department of Business Management in the Faculty of Management Sciences, candidates shall also be required to take a written and oral examination.
- Candidates for PhD programmes in the Department of Curriculum and Teaching and Department of Business Management are required to consult the Head of Department as to the availability of supervisors in the areas they wish to specialize before applying.
- For PhD. Law, applications should be accompanied by a research proposal.
- For PhD. Physiology and Anatomy, candidates must be fully registered with Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria as Doctors.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Planning Studies, the Department provides a 12 months programme leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma in Planning Studies. Intending applicants are expected to:
- A Bachelors Degree in any of Geography, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Estate Management, Building, Architecture or Civil Engineering or Urban and Regional Planning with at least a 3rd Class honours or an HND in Urban and Regional Planning, Architecture or Estate Management with at least Credit level pass.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science
The Department provides that a candidate must pursue their studies for not less than 3 semesters and not more than 4 semesters from the date of registration.
- Candidates must posses basic entry qualification into the undergraduate programme (5 credits which must include English Language and Mathematics).
- A minimum of 3rd Class Degree in Computer Science or CGPA 2.00 for Computer Science Graduates or Lower Credit for HND graduates.
- Candidates who do not have Degrees or HND in Computer Science but who have minimum of 2nd Class Lower Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Economics and Geography may be admitted into PGD in Computer Science or any other relevant discipline.
Benue State University Postgraduate Admission General Regulations
All programmes begin with Course Work and end at Project for Postgraduate Diplomas or Dissertation and Thesis for Master and Ph.D degrees respectively. The duration of Degree/Diploma programmes are as follows:
a. Postgraduate Diploma programmes shall be of one year minimum and two years maximum duration.
b. Master Degree programmes shall normally be of one academic year minimum duration for full-time and two years for part-time candidates. The duration shall not normally exceed two years for full-time and three years for part-time candidates.
c. Doctorate Degree programmes shall normally be of three years minimum duration for full-time and five years for part-time candidates. The duration shall not exceed five years for full-time and seven years for part-time candidates.
NOTE: Applicants must request their previous institutions to forward their Academic Transcripts to The Secretary, Postgraduate School, Benue State University, Makurdi. (Transcripts to be accompanied with transcript request forms which should be printed on the portal).
How to Apply for BSUM Postgraduate (PG) Admission Form
- Applicants are to visit https://portal.bsum.edu.ng/postGraduate.jsp and complete some pre-registration information and submit. Once submitted, an Application Number will be generated. Print a copy of the pre-registration form.
- Applicants would then proceed to the designated Bank (Fidelity) with the printed copy of preregistration form and pay a non-refundable application fee of N 10,000 using the generated Application Number.
- After payment, applicants would be expected to re-visit the Benue State University Portal under Application and click on Postgraduate to complete the Application Form. Then upload academic credentials and other relevant documents and submit on-line. Please, print a hard copy of the completed form for reference purposes.
- Applicants are to ensure that the on-line reference forms are completed by the three referees.
- Please note that applications without relevant documents uploaded will not be considered.
Guidelines for Filling Application Forms:
Applicants should provide all information sought in the form. Applications with incomplete information shall be treated as void.
The proposed course of study including the area of specialization if any should be clearly stated. Applicants should ensure that their official transcripts of academic records are forwarded to the Postgraduate School by their former universities.
Applications without official transcripts of academic records shall not be processed. A candidate can apply for admission to only one Degree/Diploma programme at any given time.
Deadline: Yet to be announced by the school management.
BSUM Postgraduate Admission Form Deadline
The closing date for BSUM postgraduate admission registration will be updated above.
See: Nigerian Universities Currently Selling Masters and Ph.D. Form
We are going to regularly update this page if there are any changes regarding BSUM Postgraduate (PG) admission form. Until then, continue checking this page for updates on the BSUM Postgraduate admission form.
Last Updated on January 24, 2023 by Admin