University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) Postgraduate Admission Form for the 2023/2024 academic session is currently on sale.
The University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into its postgraduate programmes for the 2023/2024 academic session. See details on how to apply and the requirements.
Duration For UNIPORT Postgraduate Programmes.
- POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA IN EDUCATION (PGDE): The Programme is to run on a Full-Time basis to last for a minimum of 12 calendar months and maximum of 24 calendar months and two consecutive long vacation of eight (8) weeks each for sandwich programme.
- MBA PROGRAMME: Full-Time: Minimum of 24 Calendar Months and Maximum of 36 Calendar Months
- MD AND MS PROGRAMMES: The Programmes will last for at least 24 Calendar Months.
- PH.D PROGRAMMES: Full-Time candidates will be required to spend a minimum of 24 calendar months and a maximum of 60 calendar months, Part-Time candidates will be required to spend a minimum of 36 calendar months and a maximum of 84 calendar months.
- DBA PROGRAMME: Full-time candidates shall be required to spend a minimum of three (3) years and a maximum of five (5) years from the date of first registration, Part-time candidates will be required to spend a minimum of five (5) years and a maximum of seven (7) years.
General Admission Requirements
- All candidates must possess a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics in addition to other O/Level requirements as specified by each Department/ Faculty.
- The minimum requirement for the Postgraduate Diploma Programmes is a bachelor’s Degree in the related disciplines.
- Candidates must possess at least a Second Class Honours Degree or Third Class in the related Discipline. For HND holders a minimum of Upper Credit is acceptable in the relevant Departments.
- MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES: Candidates must possess at least a Second Class Honours Degree of the University of Port Harcourt or any recognized University, in the relevant course with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5-point scale or its equivalent.
- Candidates for the Master’s in Education must have obtained a first Degree in another field and in addition a Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDF) with at least an Upper Credit classification. Candidates for the MBA Programme must possess a strong quantitative background.
- Candidates with PGD must have a CGPA of 3.50 to register for Masters Degree in the relevant field
- Ph.D PROGRAMMES: Generally, for the Ph.D Programmes, candidates should have a Master’s Degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.50 or 4.00 depending on the Department or its equivalent grade in the relevant discipline at the Masters level. Admission will be based on interview performance. Ph.D involves course work and qualifying examination.
- MD/MS PROGRAMME: Candidates must either be graduates of Medicine (MBBS) of the University of Port Harcourt for not less than five (5) years or confirmed and experienced academic staff of the University with Medical Degree of recognized University.
In addition to the above, candidates must possess either a recognized professional qualification at the fellowship level or at least an M.Sc Degree of a recognized University, after the MBBS Degree
How To Apply For UNIPORT Postgraduate (PG) Admission Form.
- Application form is at the cost of (N15,000.00), payment should be made online at any of the following Banks: U&C Microfinance Bank, UBA, Fidelity Bank, Access Bank, Eco Bank, First Bank and Sterling Bank.
- It is mandatory for every candidate to pay the sum of Six Thousand Naira (N7.000.00) for Prospectus.
- Visit www.sgs.uniportdatacenter.net/portal/application to download the Application Forms after payment.
NOTE: payment for Application Form does not guarantee admission and the application fee is non-refundable.
Please enclose two copies of the following documents:
- Degree/Postgraduate Diploma Certificate
- NYSC Discharge Certificate or Exemption Certificate
- O’Level Certificate
- Birth Certificate/Affidavit of Age Declaration
- Marriage Certificate/Newspaper Publication of Change of Name where applicable
- Local Government Identification Letter and
- Receipts of payment for the Form
CLOSING DATE: The sale and submission of completed Application Forms with all necessary enclosures will terminate on…
Thank you so much for reading this article about UNIPORT Postgraduate Form, we really do appreciate it. We hope you loved it, if you did, please share this page with your friends via the share buttons below. Sharing is caring.
Last Updated on January 23, 2023 by Admin