Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) has started selling the application forms for admission into its various postgraduate programmes for the current academic session.
The school management of the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the university’s various postgraduate programmes for the 2021/2022 academic session. See details on how to apply and the requirements.
I will show you how to purchase and fill ABU Postgraduate admission form online without mistakes for the 2021/2022 admission.
Note: The ABU Postgraduate admission form for the 2021/2022 academic session is currently on sale. I will update this page immediately there is any other updates about the ABU PG admission form is out.
ABU Postgraduate Admission Requirements
- An applicant for Postgraduate studies must have met the normal undergraduate requirements of at least five relevant O’level credits or a combination of relevant O’level credits and A’level qualifications (in a maximum of 2 sittings) such as IJMB, HND, HSC, NCE, etc. In all cases these must include a credit in O’level English Language and Mathematics (where required).
- A holder of HND (minimum of an Upper Credit) or equivalent is ordinarily not qualified for Masters Admission except where he/she has acquired an additional qualification such as a PGD in the same or related field whereby he/she may be admitted.
- Applicants with 3rd class Degrees can, in some cases, be admitted, provided they possess additional relevant qualifications such as a PGD and/or post-graduation work experience (at least 5 years) acceptable to the University.
- Holders of Pass Degree or HND (lower than an Upper Credit) are not eligible for postgraduate studies in ABU.
- PhD applicants must hold a Master degree with a research thesis component (not project). Candidates with a CGPA score of less than 3.5 are not eligible for PhD admission.
- Where a PhD applicant is judged to be deficient, has a professional Master’s degree or Masters without a Thesis component, he/she maybe considered for an M.Phil.
- Applicants who earn a minimum CGPA of a 3.5 at the end of the M.Phil. programme shall be upgraded to proceed with the relevant PhD study.
- Applicants for PhD programmes are expected to liaise with the relevant departments/programmes prior to selection of their proposed research areas to ascertain the department’s capability to host their proposed study.
- Where a Master or PhD student is unable to complete his/her study within the stipulated time, such a student shall be awarded the relevant PGD or M.Phil. respectively (where applicable).
Candidates/Prospective students are hereby advised to check the complete list of postgraduate courses offered in ABU before proceeding to apply for the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria Postgraduate Admission Form.
How To Apply For ABU Postgraduate Admission Form Online
- Visit https://spgs.abu.edu.ng/form/ to create an account to obtain a unique Transaction ID which you will use to pay for your application form.
- All PG application forms cost =N=10,000.00 (Ten Thousand Naira) only. However, the banks will also charge a token administrative fee in addition to the cost of application forms.
Some Programmes REQUIRE candidates to write Entrance Examinations. The dates, venues and times of the examinations shall be communicated in due course.
NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- The Cost Of Each Application Form Is Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000.00) Only And Bank Charges Of Five Hundred Naira (N500.00) Only.
- Ph.D Applicants Must Upload A Proposal And Also Make A Hard Copy available To Be Sent By Post To The Head Of Department Of Where The Programmed Domiciled.
- The Phone Numbers And E-mail Addresses Of The Applicant Should Reflect In The Online Application Form.
- Please Ensure That You Have The Basic Entry Requirements Of F Five O¡¯Level Credits Including English And Or Mathematics In Not More Than Two Sittings.
- Any wrong/false information provided by any candidate shall render the application invalid and such candidates shall be disqualified
Hope this article on the ABU Postgraduate form will be helpful to someone else, click on the Share button to share to friends on Facebook, WhatsApp, Twitter
Last Updated on November 16, 2021 by Admin