Are you interested in the University of Benin (UNIBEN) postgraduate school admission form 2023/2024 academic session? If yes this page is recommended for you.
I am going to show you how to purchase and fill the UNIBEN Postgraduate form 2023 for this year’s admission.
Note: The University of Benin is yet to release its Postgraduate form for the 2023/2024 session. I will update this page immediately the form is out.
Applications will be invited from suitably qualified candidates to the University of Benin, UNIBEN postgraduate programmes admission for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The postgraduate programmes leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma, Masters Degree and PhD in the various Faculties/Schools/Institutes of the University of Benin.
See details on how to apply and the requirements.
UNIBEN Postgraduate (PG) Admission Requirements
- A Candidate for postgraduate studies in the University of Benin must have obtained at least five (5) credits in WASC, NECO, GCE (ordinary level or their equivalents,) NOTE: A CREDIT PASS IN MATHS AND ENGLISH IS REQUIRED.
- Four credits at Ordinary level, plus OND (not pass), NCE, IJMB or Advance level passes or any other equivalent.
- A holder of a Pass (Degree/Diploma) is not qualified for admission into the postgraduate programme of the University of Benin. Also, all holders of 3rd class degree must possess PGD to be considered for admission into the Master’s programmes.
- Candidates who obtained a Master’s degree but with Weighted Average Score (WAS) between 55.0-59% can only be considered for admission into the M.Phil.programme in the first instance.
- For the PhD in any programme of the University of Benin a candidate must have obtained a minimum weighted average score of 60% in the Master’s degree.
- A candidate applying for the PhD with a Master’s degree from any other University who in his/her Master’s study has not previously taken the compulsory courses or their equivalents similar to the ones in the University of Benin shall, on admission, be required to offer and pass such courses with a minimum of 60%
- Only students who have the NYSC discharge, exemption or exclusion certificate can be allowed to clear into the university’s postgraduate programme.
Candidates should print out the referee forms provided in the application page fill and return directly to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies. Applications shall not be processed unless the referee reports are available.
How To Apply For UNIBEN Postgraduate Admission Form
- Candidates are to purchase application forms online with valid VERVE OR MASTER ATM BANK CARD from any commercial bank in Nigeria for the sum of N22,000.00 (Twenty-two thousand naira only).
- Visit the school website www.uniben.edu.
- Fill the form correctly with all information required before submitting online
- Print out application and referee forms.
NOTE: *Any form not properly filled will not be treated. All application processes must be completed by 30th April 2021.
*students are advised to always check the website for those courses that require written entrance examination. Please make sure you include your e-mail address/telephone when applying.
*Only candidate given admission into the various Pg programmes are to proceed to pay the total amount of Non-Refundable Acceptance fees as stated below:
Total – N60, 000.00
* Acceptance fee must be paid before candidates can be cleared.
Admission into some programmes shall be through entrance examination to be conducted on a soon to be announced date at the Ugbowo campus.
However, there will be no Entrance Examinations for some programmes.
Admission into such programmes will be based on the general requirements approved by the Senate.
If there is anything you would like to ask us about the UNIBEN Postgraduate Form, let us know in the comment section.
Last Updated on January 23, 2023 by Admin