Shell Scholarship for Masters Programme 2021. The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (Operator of the NNPC/SPDC /TEPNG/AGIP Joint Venture) invites the eligible candidates to apply for the Shell Scholarship Program 2021 for Nigerians. You will get details on the Shell Graduate Scholarship opportunities here.
If you are a graduate and searching for scholarship to do your Masters programme, read below to know if you are eligible for Shell Postgraduate scholarship.
Education, as all parents and guardians admit, is a long-term investment with an equally long gestation period, but it is one of the best legacies to bequeath to individuals, groups and society.
That has been the belief of Shell Nigeria since 1952. In 2018, approximately $5.9 million (N1.78 billion) was invested in scholarships by The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited operated Joint Venture (SPDC JV) and Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCo).
- 1 2021 Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship
- 2 Shell Scholars’ Forum – Promoting Academic Excellence in Nigeria
2021 Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the SPDC Joint Venture, is delighted to announce the Tenth annual NNPC/SPDC_JV Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for applicants from Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers states.
The objective of the scholarship programme is to provide postgraduate study opportunity in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry, for qualifying students from these Niger Delta states.
In the nine years of this programme, 92 students have won the opportunity to study at top-rated universities in the UK on full scholarship
For the academic year commencing September 2020, SPDC in partnership with three universities in the UK–Imperial College London; University of Leeds; and University of Aberdeen will award scholarships for one-year post-graduate M.Sc. studies.
The following courses qualify for award of scholarships at the three institutions:
|Imperial College London||MSc Petroleum Engineering|
MSc Petroleum Geoscience
MSc Applied Computational Science and Engineering
|University of abeerdeen||MSc Geophysics|
MSc Safety & Reliability Engineering for Oil & Gas
MSc Advanced Chemical Engineering
MSc Integrated Petroleum Geoscience
|University of Leeds||MSc Exploration Geophysics|
MSc Electronic/Electrical Engineering
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must;
- display intellectual ability and leadership potential
- have an adequate standard of English (at least 6.5 in IELTS) and meet the College’s language requirement;
- have been offered admission to study on one of the Eligible Courses at the College having applied through the normal application process;
- already hold (or expect to hold by the time of taking up the Scholarship) a degree of an equivalent standard to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree
- must have completed their National Youth Service by September 2020
- be ordinarily indigenes in the Rivers, Imo, Delta or Bayelsa State of Nigeria, and who intend to return to Nigeria at the end of the period of study
- have not already had the chance of studying in the UK or other developed country.
- be aged between 21-28 years by 30/09/2020.
- currently reside in Nigeria
- plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study.
- have a Nigerian international passport valid till December 2020
Note: Employees, employees’ relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than 5 years before) of SPDC, Royal Dutch SHELL Group of Companies or the College will not be eligible to apply for the Scholarships.
How to Apply for Shell Scholarship For Masters Programme
- Submit application for admission to any of the participating universities for any of the qualifying courses.
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the Imperial College London, the University of Leeds and University of Aberdeen, following a formal offer of admission by the university.
- The universities will process applications and select candidates who will attend interviews with SPDC before being considered for final selection.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities not later than April 15, 2021.
The scholarship will cover tuition, one economy return-flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK and a contribution towards living expenses only*.
- More information on specific course admission requirements can be obtained from the websites of the three individual universities.
- *Please note that the stipends (living expenses) are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only.
- This is a non-committal scholarship. Note that NEITHER SPDC NOR any Shell company is obligated to offer employment of any sort to any candidate upon graduation, neither are successful candidates bonded to SPDC for any period of time on account of the scholarship award.
- SPDC will only provide a medical insurance in line with UK Student Visa requirements
An average of 16,000 applicants respond to advertisements by Shell Nigeria every year, inviting qualified candidates to apply for the scholarships which are tenable only in Nigerian Universities.
There are two categories of the Scholarship Scheme;
1. The SPDC JV Cradle-to-Career Scholarship scheme managed by Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited (SPDC) on behalf of the joint venture.
Started since 2010, candidates are selected from key Niger Delta States of Rivers, Bayelsa and Delta. Three hundred and fifty (350) talented students are already enrolled in quality secondary schools.
2. The National Cradle-to-Career Scholarship scheme, managed by Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Limited (SNEPCo) on behalf of itself, its co-venture partners and the NNPC.
Candidates are selected from each of the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory, out of which the best three (3), who also meet all other award criteria are awarded the scholarship.
The scheme is in its second year with 60 beneficiaries already placed in very good private secondary schools.
Shell Nigeria Cradle-to-Career scholarship has received several local and international commendations. At the 2011 United Nations (UN) Innovations Fair in Geneva, the UN Secretary General, Ban Ki-Moon described the scheme as “a landmark initiative” and acknowledged its impressive contributions to educational development in the Niger Delta and Nigeria.
Shell Scholars’ Forum – Promoting Academic Excellence in Nigeria
As Shell worked to produce and export the first barrel of crude oil for Nigeria, it also had the foresight to think of the generations of Nigerians who would one day drive the development of the newly independent nation. A quick way of achieving this was to train the required manpower through scholarship awards.
The Shell scholarship programme commenced in the 1950s with awards to qualified Nigerians in various fields of study both within and outside Nigeria.
Many of them returned home and some still occupy key positions in public service, commerce and industry.
The Shell Scholars’ Forum inaugurated in 2013 is intended to create an avenue for older beneficiaries to mentor the younger ones.
Relatedly, a new Shell education portfolio strategy was launched also in 2013. The objective is “to generate the intellectual and creative energy required for sustained economic performance and global competitiveness of Nigeria”.
Element of the strategy include; Building Scholars, Promoting Digital Transformation and driving Growth and Development in Nigeria.
As a mark of recognition and appreciation of Shell’s effort in supporting quality education in Nigeria from the 1950s to date, the company emerged “Best Company in Education” at the 2013 Social Enterprise Report & Awards (SERAs).
Have you ever been awarded a Shell scholarship? You are part of a distinct club! Join the Shell Scholars’ Forum.
The Shell Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) has established the Shell Scholars’ Forum for all past recipients of Shell university and postgraduate scholarship awards. The Shell Scholars’ Forum is a great networking forum.
Why join the Forum?
Over 14,000 people have passed through Shell’s scholarship programmes over the past 50 years. Most of these scholars have excelled in their various fields and occupy exalted positions in commerce, banking, industry, academia etc.
The forum provides a common platform for networking and relationship-building among the scholars, afford them the opportunity not only to contribute to future improvements in SPDC’s education strategy, but also provide communiqués that may positively influence government policies on education.
The forum would also serve as a platform to impact the younger generation of scholars and help address the educational challenges of today.
To join this forum, kindly fill out the registration form.
SPDC attention has been drawn to the activities of some individuals parading themselves as representatives of Shell for the purpose of our Scholarship Programmes.
These individuals, who pose as middlemen, claim to have access to Shell scholarship processes with powers to influence or secure scholarships for applicants.
SPDC has not authorised or appointed any persons or organisations to act as middlemen or agents for any of our scholarship programmes and do not collect any fee from candidates.
Shell scholarship programmes and application guidelines are advertised in national newspapers, on the company’s website and Twitter handle.
Shell Graduate Scholarship Application Deadline
The deadline for the application of this scholarship is 15 April, 2021. Always check bekeking.com to get the latest updates and news on the Shell Scholarship for Masters Program.
If you have any question about the Shell Scholarship for Masters Programme 2021, kindly drop your question in the comment box and please remember to share this information by clicking the Facebook share button or any of the social media share buttons below.
Last Updated on August 15, 2021 by Admin