Is it your decision to study at Camosun College and are you also interested in knowing some necessary information about Camosun College? If your response is yes, then here are the necessary things you are expected to know about Camosun College Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Courses, and Requirements as a future Student. Let’s take the bull by its horn.
A brief history of Camosun College
Camosun College is a public college situated in Saanich, British Columbia, Canada. It was established in 1971. The college has two campuses, Lansdowne and Interurban, with a total enrollment of 20,000 students (including Continuing Education).
Camosun College also provides contract training for local business; research, innovation and prototyping services for industry; and trained co-op students for employers.
The Lansdowne campus provides University transfer and access programs, as well as career, technical and vocational programs in the fields of the arts, sciences, business, Indigenous studies, dental hygiene and dental assistant programs.
The Interurban campus delivers programs in access, business, trades, technologies, sport and exercise education, and health and human services.
Camosun Innovates is the applied research-arm of Camosun College. Camosun Innovates was the first federally-funded Technology Access Centre in British Columbia.
The Babcock Canada Interaction Laboratory is part of Camosun’s dedication to improving applied learning, in partnership with Education and Student Experience.
The applied research centre has positioned itself as the advanced manufacturing provider of choice for Vancouver Island’s small and medium sized companies while continuing to grow our partnerships with business and industry in Western Canada.
The Camosun Technology Access Centre is an applied research and innovation centre that provides dedicated access to specialized technology, equipment and expertise to local and regional companies.
The Centre offers a range of services in advanced manufacturing, technology adoption, and human performance.
Founded in 1971, Camosun College is a public post-secondary community college located in Victoria, British Columbia (BC), Canada.
The college has 2 campuses within Victoria, which are located in Lansdowne and Interurban. The Camosun College logo is simply drawn in green.
Tuition and Fees
Here are the estimated fees you must pay for each semester at Camosun College. Do note that the amount is quoted in Canadian dollars.
Tuition (based on 5 courses): $7,595
Non-instructional fees: $246
Student Benefit Plan: $278
Camosun College Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate of Camosun College is 80%. It receives a large number of applications from students from all over the world. In spite of such a large number of applications, it selects students with a good academic result, proper proficiency in English, and also the proper marks in the English tests.
Camosun College Programs and Courses
Camosun College offers about 160 programs and as an international applicant to Camosun College, you have the privilege of choosing your preferred program from the 160 available programs.
These programs can help you build your portfolio, improve your expertise, and make you an outstanding expert in the field.
- Academic Upgrading
- Accounting and Finance
- Adventure Education
- Applied Chemistry and Biotechnology
- Applied Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Apprentice Training
- Archaeological Field Assistant
- Arts and Science Studies
- Athletic & Exercise Therapy
- Automotive Service Technician Foundation
- Basic English as a Second Language
- Bookkeeping Fundamentals
- Bridge Watch Rating Program
- Building Employment Success for Tomorrow
- Human Resource Management & Leadership
- Business Administration
- Business Administration, Certificate
- Business Administration, Diploma
- Business Administration, Diploma – Finance
- Business Administration, Diploma – General Management
- Business Administration, Diploma – Marketing
- Business Administration, Post Degree Diploma – Accounting
- Business Administration, Post Degree Diploma – General Management
- Business Administration, Post Degree Diploma – Human Resource Management & Leadership
- Business Administration, Post Degree Diploma – Marketing
- Carpentry Foundation
- Certified Dental Assistant
- Certified Medical Laboratory Assistant
- Civil Engineering Bridge to UBC
- Civil Engineering Technology Access
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Clean Energy and Efficient Building
- College Prep
- Comics & Graphic Novels
- Community, Family and Child Studies
- Computer and Engineering Technician Access
- Computer Network Electronics Support Technician
- Computer Network Electronics Technician
- Criminal Justice
- Dental Hygiene
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Digital Communication
- Digital Production, Writing and Design
- Early Learning and Care
- Education Assistant and Community Support
- Electrical & Computer Engineering Bridge to UVic
- Electrical Engineering Technology – Marine & Industrial
- Electrical Foundation
- Electronics & Computer Engineering Technology – Renewable Energy
- Electronics and Computer Engineering Access
- Employment Preparation
- Engineering Graphics Technician
- Engineering Transfer
- English for Academic Purposes
- Environmental Technology
- Exercise & Wellness
- Fine Furniture/Joinery Trades Foundation
- General Arts
- General Science
- Health Care Assistant – ESL
- Health Care Assistant – Indigenous
- Health Care Assistant
- Heavy Mechanical Foundation
- Horticulture Technician
- Hospitality Management
- Indigenous College Prep
- Indigenous Family Support
- Indigenous Peoples in Trades Training
- Indigenous Studies
- Information and Computer Systems Technician
- Information and Computer Systems Technologist
- Interactive Media Developer Technician
- Interactive Media Developer Technologist
- Interprofessional Mental Health and Addictions
- Legal Office Assistant
- Maker to Market
- Massage Therapy
- Mechanical Engineering Bridge to UBC
- Mechanical Engineering Bridge to UVic
- Mechanical Engineering Technology Access
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Medical Office Assistant
- Medical Radiography
- Mental Health and Addictions
- Mental Health, Addictions, and Criminal Justice
- Mining Engineering Bridge to UBC
- Multi-Industry Trades Exploration & Employment
- Music Creativity and Performance Foundations
- Music Performance
- Music Technologies
- Nautical Training
- Occupations Launch
- Office Administration
- Plumbing and Pipe Trades Foundation
- Practical Nursing
- Pre-Social Work
- Professional Cook
- Public Administration
- Public Administration
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Mechanic Foundation
- Sector-Specific Employment Training
- Sheet Metal & Metal Fabrication Foundation
- Sport and Fitness Leadership
- Exercise & Wellness Specialization
- Sport Management
- Sport Management
- University Transfer
- Visual Arts
- Welder Foundation
- Women in Trades Training
Camosun College Admission Requirements
Sending your application to Camosun College for admission is difficult. They take advantage of a 2-part application process for international applicants.
Camosun College Admission Deadlines
Camosun College offers admissions for Fall/Winter/ Summer sessions. The applicants need to follow the deadlines strictly to avoid last-minute hassles and tensions. Applicants must submit their application and all supporting documents by the following deadline to be considered for admission:
Term: Application Deadline
Fall (September): June 30
Winter (January): October 31
Summer (May): February 28
Camosun College International Admissions
The admissions process is similar for both international and domestic applicants. However, international applicants need to meet some additional requirements and deadlines to study in Canada.
Application Portal: The international student application comprises two parts- first, apply online through EducationPlannerBC and then submit supporting documents via email.
Application Fee: 100 CAD
Admissions Requirements: International applicants must satisfy the following requirements in order to be eligible for Camosun College admissions-
- Completed Application
- Legal copies of supporting documents
- High school transcripts, proof of high school graduation (mandatory for most programs), and official, notarized English translations
- Post-secondary transcripts and credentials (if applicable) and official, notarized English translations. Include all credentials, even if non-completed and/or in-progress coursework.
- Scans of official documents are acceptable at this stage. Official, sealed transcripts from all institutions attended must be received by Camosun College prior to starting classes.
- Type all information. They will not accept handwritten “Declaration”, “Refund Procedure” or “Permission to Release Information” forms.
- Print off the applicable forms and sign them. The student’s signature must match the signature on the passport.
- Copies of Passport front page and back pages.
- First Semester International Student Refund/ Deferral Procedure Form.
- International Applicant Declaration
- English Proficiency Test scores
- Should be sent electronically by the testing authority.
- Program Specific Requirements, if any
- All the forms are available on the official website: Camosun College International Forms
- English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
International Applicants are required to submit standardized scores to demonstrate English language proficiency. The minimum required scores by the university are –
|Test Name||Score Required For UG Students||Score Required For PG Students|
|Cambridge assessment of English||174|
Your application process consists of Education Planner BC, as well as the collection and submission of supporting documents.
Therefore, you must first apply online through Education Planner BC. You can then go ahead to submit your supporting documents to [email protected]
Also, be sure to write down your application number and save your electronic payment receipt.
Part One: EducationPlannerBC
1. Confirm the availability of the program you are requesting.
Although Camosun College offers 160 programs to its students, you must confirm whether your preferred one is among the available programs.
2. Provide a proof of English language proficiency
Camosun College will primarily request proof of your English language skills. You are required to make provisions for one of the following;
- Completion of British Columbia Provincial English Exams 12 or English Studies 12 with a C + or higher
- a recognized Pathway Partner certificate
- External assessment of English language proficiency
- External assessment of English language proficiency (reading, writing, speaking and listening)
Camosun College will request a valid proof of English language proficiency not exceeding 2 years. This is because most language tests expire after 2 years.
On the other hand, an alternative is to request the English update to qualify for the English language proficiency test requirements.
The following are English language proficiency tests that are accepted by Camosun College Canada.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): You need an academic IELTS score of 6.0 overall
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL): An Internet-based test score of 78 overall (no secondary scores less than 19)
- Pearson Test of English, Academic (PTE Academic): PTE academic score of 54 overall (no secondary score less than 50)
- Cambridge English tests: C1 Advanced score of 174 overall (no subscores less than 169)
- Canadian Test of Academic English Language (CAEL): CE CAEL score of 60 overall (no secondary score less than 60)
- Duolingo English Test: Test score of 105 for general admission to various certificate and diploma programs, including Bachelor of Business Administration programs.
(This does not apply to Nursing and other programs that have to do with health).
3. Additionally, you need a score of 115 on the Duolingo English test to enter all of the major graduate and undergraduate programs at the Camosun College Center for Sport and Exercise Education.
GTEC: An overall computer-based test score of 1200 (minimum subscores: reading = 325, writing = 270, speaking = 260, listening = 335)
4. Start your application for admission
Studying in Canada is the best decision any prospective student can make because the country is a good region to study in the world as a result of its high education quality.
In this case, Camosun College is a distinguished educational institution which is situated in Canada. All the details you need to know about Camosun College acceptance rate, tuition, courses, requirements and other vital information have been meticulously listed and discussed in this article. Feel free to ask us questions based on this article via the comment section.
Last Updated on June 19, 2022 by Admin