Are you an aspiring student who wishes to study at Capilano University and is also interested in knowing every necessary information about the school?
If your answer is yes, then you are certainly on the right path. This article is focused on Capilano University Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Courses, and Requirements.
Things to know about Capilano University
Capilano University is an academic public university based in North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, situated on the slopes of the North Shore Mountains, with programming that also serves the Sea-to-Sky Corridor and the Sunshine Coast.
The university was originally established as Capilano College by school boards and residents of the North Shore and Howe Sound in 1968 based on the need for a public institution serving the local communities immediately northwest of Vancouver.
The Initial enrollment was 784 students. In 2008, the province changed Capilano College’s designation to a university and, as of 2019, it has grown to enroll approximately 12,700 students per year.
Capilano University’s academic offerings include nationally and internationally recognized liberal arts, professional, and career programs that lead to degrees, diplomas, and certificates.
Capilano University’s degree programs are approved by the Government of British Columbia’s Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training. The degree-granting powers of the university are legislated by British Columbia’s University Act.
In 2012, Capilano University became Canada’s first university to receive accreditation from the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (or NWCCU) in Washington, one of six major regional agencies in the U.S. that are recognized by the United States Department of Education.
Capilano University offers 97 programs through 5 faculties: the Faculty of Arts & Sciences; the Faculty of Business & Professional Studies; the Faculty of Education, Health & Human Development; the Faculty of Fine & Applied Arts; and the Faculty of Global & Community Studies.
Capilano University Acceptance Rate
Capilano University has an acceptance rate of 23%. This implies that amount thousands of applicants who send their application to the school only 23% of the total applicants, will be offered admission. This also indicates that Capilano University has an extremely selective admission policy.
Capilano University Tuition Fees for International Students
The expense of tuition for international and nonresidential scholars is relatively inexpensive when described in relation to other universities in the country. See University of Toronto Acceptance Rate.
Capilano University charges a non-refundable application fee of $ 135 and this is compulsory for both local and foreign students.
However, do note that as an international student applying to study at this prestigious academic institution for the first time, you’ll need to pay the one-time preliminary fee of $ 5,000 for security and warranty.
This deposit will be applied toward your international tuition fees once you have enrolled in the institution’s academic programs.
In addition, tuition fees for international students in this prestigious Canadian educational institution range from CAD 10,926 – 26,405 depending on the academic program, duration and its equivalent enrollment fee.
In addition to tuition fees, you will pay specific incidental fees, such as student union membership fees, late payment fees, transcript and transit pass costs, and other special services.
Capilano University courses
Capilano university is home to many undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs and they are listed below;
- 2D Animation & Visual Development
- 3D Animation for Film and Games
- Academic Studies
- Accounting Assistant
- Acting for Stage and Screen
- Advanced Arts & Entertainment Management
- Animation Fundamentals
- Applied Behaviour Analysis (Autism)
- Arts – Creative Writing
- Arts – English
- Arts and Entertainment Management
- Business Administration
- Cinema Studies
- College and University Preparation
- Communication Studies
- Community Capacity Building
- Community Leadership and Social Change
- Conducting in Music
- Contract Law
- Costuming for Stage and Screen
- Design in Visual Communication (IDEA program)
- Early Childhood Care and Education
- Early Childhood Care and Education – Infant and Toddler
- Early Childhood Care and Education – Special Needs
- Education and Employment Access
- Education Assistant
- Engineering Transition
- English for Academic Purposes 3
- English for Academic Purposes 4
- Global Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Grip Work for Digital Imaging and Film
- Health Care Assistant
- Indigenous Digital Filmmaking
- Interdisciplinary Studies
- International Management
- Jazz Studies
- Jazz Studies – Education
- Jazz Studies – Performance/Composition
- Legal Administrative Assistant
- Legal Studies (Paralegal)
- Lighting for Digital Imaging and Film
- Lil’wat Nation Language & Culture
- Local Government Administration
- Local Government Administration (Advanced)
- Local Government Leadership Development
- Motion Picture Arts
- Music Therapy
- Musical Theatre
- North American and International Management
- North American Business Management
- North American Business Management Applied
- Outdoor Recreation Management
- Performing Arts
- Rehabilitation Assistant
- Retail Business Fundamentals
- Science – Biology
- Sechelt Nation Language and Culture
- Technical Theatre
- Tourism Management
- Tourism Management Co-operative Education
- Tourism Management International
- Tourism Marketing
- University One for Aboriginal Learners
- Visual Effects for Film, Streaming & Immersive Media
The university considers GPA scores while granting admission to the students. A minimum GPA of 3.0 (~83-86%) or above on a 4.0 scale is required for admission to the university.
English language proficiency test scores (IELTS, TOEFL, and equivalents) are mandatory for all international students.
Application Fee: The application fee for international students at Capilano University is 135 CAD (~7,900 INR). Students can send their applications and documents online.
Programs: Programs offered by Capilano University include 14 bachelor degree programs, seven associate degrees, 26 certificate programs, 29 diploma programs, 1 graduate certificate, 2 graduate diplomas, 2 pathways programs, 1 post-baccalaureate certificate, 5 post-baccalaureate diplomas, and 2 standalone courses.
Application Fee for domestic students: 50 CAD
Application Fee for international students: 135 CAD
Minimum TOEFL Score TOEFL internet-based: 83
TOEFL paper based: 560
Minimum IELTS Score: 6.5
Capilano University Admission Deadlines
Candidates are recommended to apply at the earliest for programs at Capilano University as most of the programs have year-round admission intakes.
Deadlines may vary from programs to programs and courses, hence applicants are recommended to visit the specific program site for details.
The general application deadlines for international applicants applying at Capilano University programs are tabulated below:
|Spring||October 19 – November 15|
|Priority Fall/Spring Application Deadline||April 10|
|Late Fall/Spring Application Deadline||May 31|
|All/Spring Waitlist Application Opens||June 1|
Capilano University International Student Admissions Requirement
Capilano University offers so many programs to international students willing to study in Canada. Presently there are more than 2,500 international students from 80 countries that are presently studying at the university.
However, international students need to submit additional requirements like TOEFL scores, etc. while applying.
Application Portal: Online
Application Fee: 135 CAD for international students
In order to be qualified for Capilano University, the applicants are required to complete the requirements mentioned below.
- A completed application
- Application fee
- Official education transcripts of high school or universities/colleges previously attended
- Minimum English language proficiency test scores like TOEFL, IELTS, DET etc.
- Passport copies
- Financial Verification where students need to prove that they can meet the financial requirements of the university.
- Permits and Visas
- English Proficiency Test Score Required for International Students
All the applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate testing to demonstrate their English Proficiency test scores to study in Canada.
- Exam Minimum Score (For Both UG And Graduate Courses)
- TOEFL TOEFL internet-based: 83; TOEFL paper based: 560
- ELA (English Language Assessment Test): 145
- Academic IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Overall: 6.5 with no single score below 6
- CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language Assessment Test): 70
- PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English – Academic): 56
- DET (Duolingo English Test): 110
Capilano University Undergraduate Admissions
The university offers an array of undergraduate programs in Arts & Science, Business & Professional Studies, and other creative subjects such as Jazz Studies, Outdoor Recreation Management in Global & Community Studies, and Entertainment Arts.
The requirements may differ based on the program and applicants are advised to visit the interesting program page for exact details.
Application Fee: 50 CAD (135 CAD for International Applicants)
Admission Requirements: Applicants must fulfill the following requirements to be qualified for Capilano University admissions:
- Completed Application
- Official Class 12 Transcripts
- Must be accompanied by English translations if not in English.
- The admission offers are extended to the out-of-province applicants with a minimum average (75%- 80%)
- Program Specific Requirements
For example, Arts and Sciences programs require the equivalent of BC High School graduation (EN12 included) as well as a minimum of 2 academic subjects at the grade 12 level with a minimum 2.0 Grade Point Average (60%).
- International applicants must submit English Proficiency Test Scores (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo)
- Bank Statements
- Verification/Affidavit of Sponsor’s Financial Support Form
In addition with the basic admission application requirements, Capilano University requires certain specific documents from different countries depending on their education system.
Below mentioned are some South-Asian countries with specific requirements:
The admission requirements are as follows:
- Completion of a Bachelor Degree.
- Students need to sit for an interview.
- Letter of intent
- Resume or previous experience summary
- Passport Copies
- Financial verification
- The university provides graduate diplomas and graduate certificates in the following programs:
- Graduate Diploma in International Management
- Graduate Certificate in International Management
- Graduate Diploma in North American and International Management
All you just read are vital information about Capilano University Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Courses, and Requirements. Was it helpful to you? Don’t fail to send your response to us using the comment box.
Last Updated on March 30, 2023 by Admin