This is to inform the general public that the University of Calabar, UNICAL Postgraduate admission form for the 2023/2024 academic session is not yet out. The sale of the University of Calabar PG admission application form is yet to commence.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into graduate programmes in the 2023/2024 academic year leading to the award of Postgraduate Diploma (PGD), Masters and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Degrees of the University of Calabar.
General Requirement For UNICAL Postgraduate (PG) Programme
Prospective candidates are required to check the entry requirements of their desired course of study on https://unicalonline.edu.ng/programmes-and-degrees/.
In addition to the specific entry requirements for each programme, candidates seeking admission into the Postgraduate programme in the University of Calabar must have 5 O’ Level credits including English Language and Mathematics obtained in not more than two (2) sittings.
Important things to take note of:
- Duration of Programme: For candidates opting for full-time studies, the Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) lasts for two (2) semesters, usually one academic year. The Master’s degrees last for 4 semesters, which usually run for a two-year period, and the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programmes last for 6 semesters and above depending on the programme of studies.
For candidates opting for part-time studies, the Master’s degrees last for 6 semesters, the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) lasts for 10 semesters depending on the programme of study.
NB: PGD programmes run on a full-time basis only.
- CGPA Requirements for Admission: Interested Candidates are required to have a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5-point scale and 2.75 on a 4-point scale for Master’s programmes and 4.00 on a 5-point scale and 3.00 on a 4-point scale for the PhD programmes. A CGPA of 1.50 and above is required for PGD programmes.
- Transcripts: Candidates are to ensure that their academic transcripts are forwarded by their previous institutions through courier service to the Academic Secretary, Graduate School, University of Calabar, P.M.B. 1115, Calabar, Cross River State. The transcripts must be received by the graduate school on or before the admission deadline. Candidates, whose transcripts are not received in the Graduate School before the deadline, shall NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION.
NB:There shall be no room for awaiting results (all applicants whose results have not been approved by the Graduate School Board/University Senate shall not be considered for admission).
How To Apply For Unical Postgraduate Admission Form
Prospective applicants who have met the minimum admission requirements of their intended programme of study can proceed to application as follows:
- Walk into any commercial bank across the federation and make payment on E-Transact platform to purchase Postgraduate School application form for 2023/2024 academic session.
- Make a payment of ₦25,000.00 and obtain the payment slip.
- A payment slip contains a unique pin which will be used to access the postgraduate form.
- Go online to www.unicalonline.edu.ng/admissions
- Log on with the generated pin on the payment slip to fill the Postgraduate form.
- Proceed to complete the procees by clicking SUBMIT after imputing correct details.
- Print out a personal copy of the completed application form.
Deadline For UNICAL Postgraduate Admission Application
The deadline for the UNICAL Postgraduate Admission application for the 2023/2024 Academic session is yet to be announced by the management. This article will be updated as soon as the management releases the date.
If there is anything you would like to ask us about the UNICAL Postgraduate Form, let us know in the comment box.
Last Updated on January 25, 2023 by Admin