Do you desire to be a student in one of the UK’s largest schools called the University of Central Lancashire (UCLAN)?
Then this article is made for you, do well to go through it intensively to enable you to know its application date, deadlines, and requirements to be eligible to apply to the school.
- 1 Things to know about University Of Central Lancashire (UCLAN).
- 2 Application Date and Deadline
- 3 Highlights
- 4 How To Apply for Courses in UCLAN
- 5 Undergraduate Requirements
- 6 Graduate Requirements
- 7 English Proficiency Test Scores
- 8 University of Central Lancashire Undergraduate Admissions
- 9 University of Central Lancashire Graduate Admissions
- 10 UCLAN Application Portal
- 11 Conclusion
Things to know about University Of Central Lancashire (UCLAN).
The University of Central Lancashire is a learning community committed to excellence and innovation that gives admission in various fields like pharmacy, Law, Economics, Medicine, Technology etc.
Their academic functions are classified into twenty(20) academic schools covered under five(5) faculties. They have an acceptance rate of 22.4 % and they consider records of academic achievement of great importance while giving admissions. The selection of a range of programs in the school is based on merit.
Application Date and Deadline
The application dates for both undergraduates and graduates starts on September 1 and ends on December 1, though the deadline for graduate programs varies from programs to programs. The deadline for medicine and dentistry program is October 15 and that of UCAS program is January 15.
The applicants are evaluated on the basis of previous academic records and professional experiences. Transcripts must be sent in a sealed envelope or must be electronically mailed to all educational institutions attended.
Every year, the majority of the students are assisted with a financial aid package in the form of bursaries and scholarships to study in UK.
Application Portal UG: UCAS
PG: UCLan Application Portal
Application Fee (International Applicants) GBP 18 for a single course; GBP 24 for multiple courses (Only for undergraduate programs applied through UCAS)
Acceptance Rate 22.4%
Mode of Payment Credit or debit cards
Academic Calendar Semester-based
Intake Seasons September
Work Experience Required for Graduate Programs
Financial Aid Bursaries and Scholarships available
How To Apply for Courses in UCLAN
University of Central Lancashire application process is similar for both international and domestic applicants However, International applicants need to meet some additional entrance examination requirements.
Applicants need to go to University of Central Lancashire official website online and will be required to upload various supporting documents.
1. All official academic transcripts, certificates, or grade records from the institution that you received your secondary education.
2. An overall score of 50% is required for entry to the degree program, 55% must be achieved in the specific subject required
3. A minimum score of 58% from CBSE, or ISC awarded ICSE, or a recognized Indian State Education Board, such as the West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra and Karnataka Education Boards
4. A minimum score of 60% from other boards, not listed above
The overall score of 65% in class 12 in English or an average score of 65% in class 11 and 12, but the class 12 score should not be below 60%
In the above-mentioned case, 58% must be achieved in the specific subject required
5. Minimum IELTS scores for a proof of English proficiency.
- A minimum score of 55% in Bachelor’s degree
- The overall score of 65% in class 12 in English or an average score of 70% in class 11 and 12, but class 12 score should not be below 65%
- Minimum IELTS scores for a proof of English proficiency
English Proficiency Test Scores
International applicants are required to present IELTS test scores to demonstrate English proficiency. The minimum required scores by the university are,
Course Minimum Score Required
- Undergraduate – Year 0 – 72 Tariff Points 6.0
- Undergraduate – Year 1 Entry 112 Tariff Points 6.0
- Postgraduate 6.5
- Visa Process for International Students
- Students can apply for a tier-4 general visa to study in UK after the acceptance. Generally, students are issued a visa after the completion of all the immigration requirements.
Therefore, Aspirants will be required the following documents for a visa interview:
- Current passport
- Evidence of funds (To show that you are eligible to pay your study and living expenses)
- Acceptance letter from the university or college of the UK.
- CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies) reference number
- Passport size photographs.
- Assessment documentation
- Academic Technology Approval Scheme (ATAS) clearance certificate (optional)
- Tuberculosis screening (if required).
University of Central Lancashire Undergraduate Admissions
University of Central Lancashire offers 400 distinct undergraduate courses. The university provides similar deadlines and application procedures for domestic undergraduate applicants as well as international applicants.
However, the university asks for different admission requirements from domestic undergraduate applicants.
Application Portal: Students may apply online at the UCAS/UCLan Application Portal.
Application Fee: GBP 18 for a single course and GBP 24 for multiple courses
Admission Requirements: Applicants must submit the following documents at the time of admission:
- The equivalent of three A2 level qualifications is required for many courses
- Satisfactory performance at GCSE level in all the applications
- At least five passes at grade C or above
- A pass in GCSE Maths and English
- All official academic transcripts
University of Central Lancashire Graduate Admissions
The University offers graduate degrees in various fields such as Business Administration, Law, History and Tourism, Medical Sciences, and Engineering to students from all over the country and all around the world seeking to study in the UK.
Therefore, it is also mandatory for international students to meet the minimum criteria set by the university regarding the scores on English Language Proficiency Tests such as IELTS.
Applicants are recommended to check the official website of the university for the admission deadlines for graduate programs.
They can check the progress of your application on our Applicant Portal. It may take up to 2-3 business days for the successful processing of the application and the arrival of the decision.
To keep a track of your application and update your personal information, use UCAS TRACK. During this process, if the candidates wish to get in touch with the university about anything, they can feel free to email [email protected]
UCLAN Application Portal
The official portal for the University of Central Lancashire is https://www.uclan.ac.uk/international students
All you need to apply for admission into the University of Central Lancashire has been made known to you in this article. All you need to do is to follow the steps given to get your desires met. You can leave a comment in the comment section if you need additional help from us.
Last Updated on May 22, 2022 by Admin