Are you searching for a way you can share/transfer airtime on MTN to your friends? If yes, read on to see how you can transfer airtime MTN from MTN line to MTN line and from MTN line to other networks.
You will learn how to create an MTN transfer pin if you are doing the transfer for the first time and the code to use for the transfer.
There are two methods you can use to transfer airtime (credit) on MTN which include: the SMS method and the USSD method. See how to check MTN data balance.
Before you can transfer airtime/credit, it is required that you reset or change the default transfer PIN which is 0000.
MTN Airtime Transfer Code
The MTN transfer code is 777
If you want to know how to get MTN transfer PIN, ensure you read this article to the end.
How To Change/Register MTN Transfer PIN
To change your MTN transfer PIN, follow the steps provided hereunder:
- Send an SMS with your Default PIN New PIN New PIN to 777. For example, send an SMS with ‘0000 1234 1234’ to 777.
- You can also change your PIN by dialing *777*Default PIN*New PIN* New PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press ok. For example, dial *777*0000*1234*1234# and then send/OK.
You will receive an SMS informing you that your PIN was changed successfully. See how to buy MTN data.
How To Transfer Airtime Using SMS Method
Follow the following procedures to transfer airtime from one MTN line/number to another or to another network that is not MTN like; Airtel, 9mobile and Glo.
- Send an SMS with Transfer, Recipient’s Number, Amount and PIN to 777. For example, you can send an SMS with ‘Transfer 08144560091 1500 1234’ to 777.
- Upon sending this message, you will receive an SMS asking you to confirm that you want to make the transfer by sending an SMS with ‘YES’ to 777.
How To Transfer Airtime Using USSD Method
- Dial *777*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press OK. For example, dial*777*08144560091*1500*1234# and then send/OK. When the transfer has been completed, you will receive a message informing you that the transfer was successful.
Things You Should Know About MTN Data Share
- You can only transfer in Naira amounts and not in kobo, i.e. you can transfer NGN71.00 but not NGN71.99.
- You can transfer between NGN50.00 – NGN5,000.00 in a single transaction.
- You can transfer up to NGN100,000.00 from your phone to either a single or multiple MTN account every day.
- There is no limit to the maximum number of transactions per day.
- If your MTN prepaid account does not have enough airtime to cover the amount you have requested to transfer, the transaction will not be completed and you will receive an error message.
- If you are a postpaid customer, you will only be able to transfer airtime when your account is in positive. You will not be able to transfer airtime when your account is negative (-). For example, if your account balance is N-300.00. You will not be able to use MTN Share. On the other hand, if your account balance is N1,000.00 you will be able to transfer airtime up to the available N1,000.00 in your account.
If you have any questions about MTN airtime transfer, kindly let us know in the comment section.
Last Updated on April 14, 2023 by Admin