If you are interested in studying and know some vital information about Mercer University, you are on the right track.
There is so much information you need to gather about the school before applying to the school. Some of that information includes the school’s acceptance rate, GPA, requirements, and more.
We will be giving details on Mercer University Acceptance Rate, GPA, Requirements, and More in this article, to assist you during your application process. See Marist College Acceptance Rate.
Mercer University is a private research university that was founded in 1837. It has a total undergraduate enrollment of 9,025 students, it is located in a midsize setting and covers 159 acres. The school academic calendar is semester-based.
The school has ranked no 166 in National Universities in the Best Colleges 2022/2023 edition. The total cost of tuition and fees is $39,708.
Students who attend school in the state capital have access to hundreds (100) of internship opportunities at various organizations throughout the city.
Mercer University has a campus in Macon, Atlanta, Savannah and Columbus, plus Regional Academic Centers in Douglas and Henry counties.
What is Mercer University Acceptance Rate?
Mercer University’s acceptance rate is 72%. Among the 7600 applications received last year, only 5,670 students were enrolled.
What is Mercer University’s GPA Requirement?
Applicant’s GPA, as well as high school class rank, availability, and letters of recommendation, are considered necessary. These credentials are properly reviewed before you are given admission at Mercer University.
The required GPA is 3.94. That means your grades should be a mix of A’s and B’s.
What is Mercer University’s SAT/ACT requirement?
You are expected to score between 1280 for SAT, and 27 for the ACT.
What are the admission requirements for first-year students at Mercer University?
- You are expected to apply online through the Common Application or mercer application.
- You are expected to submit a filled form and document through above portal.
- You are expected to submit your High School Transcripts/Academic record. Must be accompanied by English translations if not in English.
- Your grade point average, the rigor of your courses, and the diversity of your curriculum will be taken into notice for admission.
- Your GPA will be recalculated by the Mercer University Admission Office.
- You are to submit your Teacher’s Evaluation Form/Recommendation letters.
- Mercer University will be able to know more about your personality and character from your teacher or guardian counselor recommendation letters. The university will also get to know more about your academic performance, and your full individual profile as a person and scholar. Your counselors and teachers can provide context when reviewing your academic record concerning the school attended.
- You are expected to submit your School Report Form.
- You are expected to pay an application fee of $50.
You have the option to submit or not submit your SAT/ACT Scores. Mercer College has already made known a test-optional policy for all first-year applicants in Fall 2021, Fall 2022, and Fall 2023.
In the absence of standardized test results, you can choose to be evaluated only on high school grades, recommendation letters, curriculum rigor, achievements, and contributions to your school and community.
If you decide to submit your SAT/ACT scores, they will be super scored by the university. They will take the best subtest score and create a new composite score regardless of the test date.
GPA Average unweighted (academic solids): 3.95
ACT Middle: 27
SAT Middle: 1280
What are the courses of study at Mercer University?
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Biology/biological sciences
- Marketing/marketing management
- Elementary education and teaching
- Pharmaceutical sciences
- Public health
- International public health/international health
- Spanish language and literature
- Early childhood education and teaching
- Human resources management/personnel administration
- Human services
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Computer science
- International relations and affairs
- Criminal justice/safety studies
- Social sciences
- Political science and government
- Health/health care administration/management
- Human resources development
- English language and literature
- Legal studies
- International policy analysis
- Business administration and management
- Business administration, management and operations
- Information science/studies
- Civil engineering
- Homeland security
- International business/trade/commerce
- Music performance
- Information technology
- Graphic design
- Art/art studies
- Pre-medicine/pre-medical studies
Vital information you need to know about Mercer University acceptance rate, courses, and admission requirements has been made clear to you here and I hope you found it useful! We will be in the comment box to attend to your questions if you have any.
Last Updated on September 12, 2023 by Admin