ICGEB-Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowship Programme 2020. If you are looking for how to apply and submit Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowship application form, here is the right place for you.
ICGEB offers competitive Pre-doctoral Fellowships in Life Sciences to highly motivated scientists wishing to pursue PhD research studies in a world-class scientific environment.
- 1 Eligibility for ICGEB-Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowship Programme
- 2 ICGEB-Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowship Programme Financial Support.
- 3 How to Apply for ICGEB-Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowship Programme 2020
Eligibility for ICGEB-Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowship Programme
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State. Nationals of India and South Africa, ICGEB Host Countries, are not eligible to apply for ICGEB Fellowships in their home country.
- Applicants for ICGEB Trieste should hold a BSc (Honours) degree; applicants for ICGEB Cape Town and New Delhi should hold an MSc degree.
- Candidates must have a good working knowledge of the English language, supported by a proficiency certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate, or equivalent). Not required when scholastic education has been undertaken in English.
- Candidates for Trieste, Italy must be below the age of 32 years at the time of application (i.e. date of birth after 31/03/1988). There is no age limit for applications for ICGEB New Delhi and Cape Town.
ICGEB-Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowship Programme Financial Support.
- Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 1,300, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,020, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 12,500.
- The fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the student’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
- Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
- University tuition fee is covered for the entire PhD registration period.
- Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
- Support for participation in Meetings and Courses is generally provided by the Group Leader / PI.
- ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
How to Apply for ICGEB-Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowship Programme 2020
Applicants should contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of their choice with a motivation letter, to determine availability of laboratory space and to define the research project proposal that will form an integral part of the application.
- ICGEB Trieste: A Housing Service is run through the Welcome Office – Friuli Venezia Giulia.
- ICGEB New Delhi: A Guest House is run on campus, on a twin-share basis, for a nominal rate.
- ICGEB Cape Town: Accommodation support is provided to fellows. Arrangements are agreed prior to arrival.
Arturo Falaschi Fellowship Submission
Please complete this application online.
Only one application per call is accepted for each candidate.
How Applicants Will be Selected
All submitted applications will be transmitted to the respective ICGEB Liaison Officer in the country of which you are a national for endorsement.
Endorsement is a fundamental requirement for the Fellowship to be awarded. The ICGEB Fellowships Selection Committee will evaluate complete and endorsed applications received by the closing date.
The main criteria for selection include scientific excellence of the project, the qualities of the candidate’s CV and potential benefit for the home country. The candidates will be notified of the outcome by e-mail as soon as possible following the closing date for applications.
Arturo Falaschi Fellowship Application Closing Date
The deadline for ICGEB Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowship Programme registration is April 15, 2020.
Trieste, Italy: 1 October 2020
New Delhi, India: 1 August 2020
Cape Town, South Africa: 15 January 2021
If you have any question about ICGEB-Arturo Falaschi PhD Fellowship Programme 2020, kindly drop your question in the comment box.
Last Updated on April 4, 2020 by Admin