WISE Accelerator Programme 2020. The call for applications for the WISE Accelerator is now open. If you are interested in applying for the WISE Programme, kindly read this article to the end.
This post will show you everything you need to know about WISE Acceleration Programme and how to apply.
Founders who are admitted in the one-year program will grow their edtech venture with the support of a community of edtech founders, investors, educators and other education stakeholders from around the world.
They provide coaching, mentorship, participation in WISE international events and a vast network of potential partners, donors and investors in the field of education.
Eligibility for WISE Accelerator Programme
Initiatives addressing education challenges through the use and/or design of technology in all sectors and regions are welcome to apply.
Initiatives in this particular field may tackle education challenges in early childhood education, K-12, higher education or the future of work.
Applicants must meet the below requirements:
- An education technology venture established for at least one year;
- Existing beneficiaries or customers;
- A product beyond Minimum Viable Product (MVP) stage
- Existing revenues;
- A dedicated team
How WISE Accelerator Programme will Support Selected Initiatives.
Community: As part of the program, the selected ventures will:
- Access a community of over 50 edtech founders from 18 countries who will share their learnings during bootcamps organized in three major cities from around the world including in Doha, Qatar.
- Interact with leaders in the government, for-profit and non-profit sector. Members of the community will help the selected founders understand new markets and provide them with appropriate advice.
- Participate in networking sessions with donors, investors and leaders of education organizations.
Coaching and Mentorship: Their dedicated team of experts will support the founders in:
- Marketing, sales and fund-raising in edtech.
- Building a narrative and positioning a venture as a thought leader within the education sector.
- Understanding markets that are crucial for their growth.
- Product strategy, technology roadmap and product build-out.
International Visibility: The WISE Accelerator team works closely with the selected founders to provide opportunities for visibility at WISE events and on WISE digital platforms. Channels for visibility that WISE provides may include:
- WISE Summit in Doha which convenes over 4,000 attendees from over 100 countries.
- WISE@ forums. Past editions were held in Paris, New York, Beijing, Tunis, Madrid and Accra.
- WISE social media platforms.
- WISE ed review, podcast and newsletter.
See: University of Essex Africa Scholarship Programme
WISE Accelerator Programme Selection Criteria.
Applications will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- The Team: The WISE team will assess the team’s ability to execute and deliver on their vision
- The Solution: The WISE team will assess how well the solution developed by the initiative addresses the problem that the initiative aims to solve
- The Innovation: The WISE team will assess how innovative is the solution developed by the initiative in light of solutions developed worldwide in the edtech sector
- The educational impact: The WISE team will assess the educational impact that the initiative may have as it scales up
- The Market: The WISE team will take into consideration the potential of the edtech market where the initiative operates
How to Apply for WISE Accelerator Programme.
Visit WISE summit login portal.
Applications must satisfy the following requirements:
- All applicants must complete, in English, the official online application form fully.
- All applicants must submit a short 3 minutes video pitch by submitting a YouTube link. During the pitch, they must explain their edtech solution, the problem they are tackling, who their beneficiaries are, their traction so far and why they are applying for the WISE Accelerator.
- All applicants must provide a link to a product demo via a YouTube link or log-in information for the WISE team to assess the product developed by the applicant.
- The WISE team will invite shortlisted applicants to take part in an interview.
A Little Note About WISE Accelerator
We help founders from around the world to build and scale innovative edtech solutions that will positively impact learning and the future of work.
Founders who are admitted in our one-year program will grow their edtech venture with the support of a community of edtech founders, investors, educators and other education stakeholders from around the world.
We provide coaching, mentorship, participation in WISE international events and a vast network of potential partners, donors and investors in the field of education.
When is the WISE Accelerator Programme Application Closing Date
The deadline for the application of this programme is April 20, 2020. Always check bekeking.com to get the latest updates and news on the WISE Accelerator Programme.
If you have any question about the WISE Accelerator Programme 2020, kindly drop your question in the comment box and please remember to share this information by clicking the Facebook share button or any of the social media share buttons below.
Last Updated on April 4, 2020 by Admin