Do you wish to know about Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA) School of Postgraduate Studies (SPS)?
This is to inform the general public that FUTA is now selling application forms for admission into its various postgraduate programmes for the current academic session.
This page will discuss the Postgraduate Application Form of Federal University of Technology, Akure, See details on how to apply and the requirements.
Note: The 2021 FUTA Postgraduate form is not yet out. I will update this page immediately the form is released by the management of FUTA.
FUTA Postgraduate Programmes Duration.
- POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES (PGD): Full-Time students shall spend between eighteen (18) and twenty-four (24) months. Part-Time students shall spend between eighteen (18) and thirty-six (36) months.
- MASTERS PROGRAMMES: M. Agric. Tech./M. Eng./M. Tech./ Professional Students shall normally be required to spend between eighteen (18) and twenty-four (24) months.
- M. PHIL. PROGRAMME: Students shall spend between eighteen (18) and twenty four (24) months. NOTE: A candidate may transfer from M. Phil. to Ph.D programme after completing the course-work and fulfilling all other approved requirements.
- DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (PH. D) PROGRAMME: Full-Time candidates may defend their theses between thirty-six (36) and sixty (60) months. Part-Time candidates may defend their theses between forty-eight (48) and seventy-two (72) months.
FUTA Postgraduate (PG) Admission Requirements
- All candidates must possess at least five (5) O’ level credits as required in relevant disciplines and must include credits in English Language and Mathematics.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) of at least Lower Credit level or its equivalent in the relevant or related discipline.
- Professional qualifications acceptable in the University, such as ACA, AIB, ACCA, ACIS, or equivalent for the Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science only.
- Master of Agric. Technology/Master of Engineering/Master of Technology (M. Agric. Tech./M. Eng./M. Tech.)
- A good Bachelors degree of at least Second Class Lower Division of The Federal University of Technology, Akure, in the appropriate discipline.
- Higher National Diploma of at least Lower Credit level and in addition, the candidate must have a Postgraduate Diploma (at Upper Credit level) in the appropriate discipline.
- Master of Philosophy (M. Phil.): For M. Phil. in advertised discipline, a good M. Tech. degree or equivalent is required in the relevant discipline.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D): A good Master’s degree in the appropriate discipline with a CGPA of 3.50 and/or 60% minimum average score.
- Any other qualification approved by Senate.
How To Apply For FUTA Postgraduate Form
- Application forms for postgraduate programmes are sold for N20,000.00 (Ph. D), N20,000.00 (Masters), and N20,000.00 (PGD) only
- Go to PG Portal and verify the payment on the link for “Application payment” using the Confirmation code from the bank
- Click on the Application Form link to fill the form
- Application payments can be made nationwide at any bank branch that is on etranzact platfom. Please note that you do not need any account number to pay for the Application Form, just indicate on your teller that you want to pay for FUTA Postgraduate Application Form.
NOTE: Non–FUTA graduates should ensure that the official transcript from their Institutions is directed to the address below using the transcript label in the application form and indicating the target Department of study) latest six (6) weeks from the date of this advertisement:
If you have any question you would like to ask us about the FUTA Postgraduate form, let us know in the comment box.
Last Updated on December 7, 2021 by Admin