Are you interested in FUOYE postgraduate programmes? If yes, this page is recommended for you, Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Federal University Oye-Ekiti (FUOYE) Postgraduate Programmes for the 2023/2024 academic session. See details on how to apply and the requirement.
I am going to show you how to purchase and fill the FUOYE Postgraduate form for this year’s admission. If you are interested in the FUOYE PG programme, read on.
FUOYE Postgraduate Admission Requirements.
- Ph.D. Degree Programmes: These programmes are available to holders of M.A; M.Ed.; M.Sc.; degrees, with a minimum of 60% score in their Master degree programmes.A Ph.D. degree programme runs for a minimum of 36 calendar months period and a maximum period of 48 calendar months for full-time candidates OR a minimum period of 48 calendar months and a maximum period of 60 calendar months for part-time candidates.Note that relevant Courses will be taken for the Ph.D. studies where prescribed and a Thesis is required at the end of the Ph.D. programme.
- M.PHIL /PH.D. DEGREE PROGRAMMES: Candidates who score between 55.00 and 59.99 percent Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) can apply for admission into the M.Phil/Ph.D programme on full-time basis. The programme runs for a period of 12 calendar months after which the candidate, on good performance can transit to the Ph.D programme.Candidates in this category are eligible for conversion to Ph.D. candidature, following a progress assessment report to be made by a Panel of Examiners at the end of the first session of registration. Candidates must score not less than 60% (aggregate) at the end of the first session to be eligible for conversion for the Ph.D. programme.
- MASTER DEGREE PROGRAMMES: A candidate applying for the Master’s degree programme must have made a minimum of Second Class (lower Division) in his/her Bachelor degree programme. M.A.; M.Sc. degrees run for a minimum period of a year (12 calendar months; that is, two semesters) and a maximum period of 24 calendar months for full-time candidates OR a minimum period of two (2) years (24 calendar months; that is, four semesters) and a maximum period of 36 calendar months for part-time candidates. All Master Degree Programmes are by course work. This is in addition to a research work/report at the end of which a dissertation is produced.
Applicants are to note that, a programme automatically lapses at the expiration of the maximum duration for each programme. However, a candidate may apply for an extension of not more than 12 months.
Candidates in regular employment must submit with their applications, formal letter of release for postgraduate studies issued by their employers.
Also, all applicants who are not graduates of the Federal University Oye Ekiti (FUOYE) must request their former Universities or institutions to forward directly to the Secretary, Postgraduate School the academic transcripts of their First degrees or Master’s degree with respect to applicants for Master’s and Doctoral Degrees.
FUOYE Postgraduate – Available Programmes.
Faculty Of Agriculture
Department of Agric Economics and Extension
- Agric Economics and Extension;
- Ph.D Agric Economics and Extension;
Department of Animal Science
- M.Sc Animal Science;
- Ph.D Animal Science.
Department of Crop science
- M.Sc Crop Science;
- Ph.D Crop Science.
Department of Soil Science
- M.Sc Soil Science;
- Ph.D Soil Science.
Faculty Of Arts
Department of English Language
- M.A English (with specializations in: (a) Language (b) Literature
- Ph.D English (with specializations in: (a) Language (b) Literature
Department of Theatre Arts
M.A Theatre Arts- specialization
- Theatre Directing
- Dance Studies
- Design and Theatre Technology
- Applied Theatre/ Theatre-for-Development
- Film/Television/Radio Productions
- Educational Theatre
- Acting and Stagecraft
- Ph.D Theatre Arts.
Specializations: (As above)
Faculty Of Social Sciences
Department of Sociology
- M.Sc Sociology;
- Ph.D Sociology.
Department of Demography and Social Statistics
- M.Sc Demography and Social Statistics;
- Ph.D Demography and Social Statistics.
How To Apply For FUOYE Postgraduate Admission.
Candidates should pay a sum of N15, 000 (fifteen thousand naira) through the REMITA platform
MDA: Federal University Oye Ekiti- 1000134.
ACCOUNT NAME: REMITA REVENUE ACCOUNT
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0320496861013
- On the home page of the Federal University Oye website, click on the postgraduate portal.
- On The home page displayed click Application Instruction and read carefully.
- Click on apply now to start new application or Click on login to continue the application after payment.
- Use your Application Number as username and SURNAME as password. Carefully type in your Application Number as any error committed will not allow your details to be displayed.
- Thereafter, Candidates should click OK button on the dialog box displayed and enter your names.
- After Login, click on Continue Registration Link on the main menu.
- Fill in your other bio-data and necessary details truthfully on the webpage. All candidates should upload their Passports by clicking on the Browse button and select your picture. Your Passport must not be more than 20KB.
- On completion of bio-data, click on Next Step button then click OK on the message dialog box.
- All candidates should complete the programme of choice and click on Save then click OK on the message dialog box.
- On completion of choice of programme click Next Step
Do you have any questions about the FUOYE Postgraduate form? Let us know in the comment box.
Last Updated on January 22, 2023 by Admin