The application form for admission into the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, (FUNAAB) postgraduate programmes for the 2021/2022 academic session is currently not on sale. See how to obtain FUNAAB postgraduate admission form, requirements, courses, and duration below.
The Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta, (FUNAAB) management invited applications from suitably qualified candidates for admission into its Postgraduate Diplomas, Masters and Doctor of Philosophy Degree Programmes for the 2021/2022 academic session.
Requirements For FUNAAB Postgraduate Form
- For Postgraduate Diploma Programme, candidates must be first degree holders in a relevant discipline from any recognized University. In general, all applicants must satisfy basic UTME requirements for Bachelor’s degree. Holders of HND with Upper Credit and above could also apply. Holders of First Degree in Animal Science are eligible to apply for Postgraduate Diploma Programme in Animal Science.
- For Master’s Degree Programme, candidates must be graduates of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta or any other University recognized by the Senate and shall normally have obtained a minimum of Second Class (Upper Division) degree in the relevant field. However, candidates with Second Class Lower Degree in relevant field may be considered. Candidates for Masters of Information and Communication Technology (MICT) programme should possess HND plus a Postgraduate Diploma in Computer Science or B.Sc. Physical Sciences/Engineering and Allied Disciplines. Prior computing or IT exposure is beneficial but not essential. Candidates for admission to Masters and Ph.D. programmes in Communication Studies shall possess University degrees in Arts, Science, Applied Science, Social Science and Education or other related disciplines.
To be eligible for admission to the MBA (AgriBusiness) and Professional Master in Communication Studies degree programmes, candidates must be holders of Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or HND (Upper Credit minimum) with a Postgraduate Diploma in any discipline.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Communication studies with a minimum cumulative average of 55% may be considered for Master’s Degree in Communication Studies. Also, possession of relevant professional qualification and/or experience will be an advantage. A credit pass in O’ Level Mathematics is not compulsory for admission into Professional Master in Communication Studies programme which is strictly part-time (Friday and Saturday) programme. The duration of the programme is a minimum of 4 semesters.
- Masters of Environment Management (MEM) is a three-semester professional programme designed for captains of industries who are degree holders or HND holders with distinction/credit pass plus PGD in relevant fields who have also satisfied all basic UTME requirements while Masters of Environment Management and Protection (MEMP) is an academic Master’s Degree that runs for a minimum of four (4) semesters.
- For M. Agric applicants in the Department of Agricultural Economics and Farm Management is B. Agric (Agric Economics) with Second Class Upper. Other disciplines will be admitted to M.Sc. (Professional) with the prospect of conversion to MAgric on attaining a minimum weighted average score of 60% after the first year.
- Masters of Veterinary Science (M .V.Sc.) and Master of Science (M.Sc.) courses are open to: (i) M.V.Sc. – Master of Veterinary Science is open to Graduates of Veterinary Medicine of FUNAAB and other University recognized by Senate. Any other qualification adjudged to be equivalent to a DVM by the Senate. Candidates must satisfy any other requirements as specified by the postgraduate school of FUNAAB. (ii) M.Sc.: – The Master of Science degree is open to Graduates of Biological Sciences of FUNAAB and other institutions recognized by Senate. Fellows of the Nigerian Institute of Medical Laboratory Technology, or its equivalent may also be considered. Candidates must satisfy any other requirements as specified by the Postgraduate School of FUNAAB.
- For Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) degree programme, a student must have obtained Master’s degree from the College of Veterinary Medicine of FUNAAB or other University recognized by Senate and other qualification adjudged to be equivalent to a Master’s degree by the Senate.
- The duration of study for the Master’s degree programme shall be a minimum of 4 semesters and maximum of 8 semesters for full time candidates; while part-time studies shall be for a minimum of 6 semesters and maximum of 10 semesters. Part-time students must finish all course works within the first four semesters of their registration.
- For Doctor of Philosophy degree programme, candidates must have obtained a Master’s degree from FUNAAB or its equivalent from any other University recognized by Senate. Holders of one year Master’s Degree are expected to undergo a conversion examination after the first session before proceeding to a Ph.D. programme.
NOTE: Candidates for academic Masters and Ph.D. programmes shall be required to submit a research proposal along with their application forms. They may be required to interact (in oral or written form) with their respective Departments before admission.
Funaab Postgraduate Programmes Duration
- Ph.D (Doctor of Philosophy) Degree/Programme: Full Time 6 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 10 Semesters, Part-Time 8 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 12 Semesters
- Masters Programmes: Full Time 4 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 8 Semesters,Part-Time 8 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 12 Semesters
- Professional Masters Programmes: Full Time 3 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 6 Semesters, Part-Time 4 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 8 Semesters
- PGD PROGRAMMES: Full Time 2 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 4 Semesters, Part-Time 4 Semesters Minimum & Maximum of 8 Semesters
How To Apply For Funaab Postgraduate Admission Form
Visit the PG Application portal (www.pg.funaab.edu.ng to commence the process of application. Application cost is Fifteen Thousand Five Hundred and Sixty Naira (N15,560:00) only exclusive of Bank Charges.
The postgraduate portal will open on… The closing date for online Submission of Applications for Masters and PGD programmes is … Application for PhD is open all year round. Successful applicants will be contacted by e-mail or telephone.
If you have any questions to ask us about the FUNAAB Postgraduate form, let us know in the comment box.
Last Updated on December 7, 2021 by Admin