The management of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University (ATBU), School of Postgraduate has released its admission form into its various postgraduate programmes for the 2023/2024 academic session.
The Postgraduate Programmes are available in Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Master of Science (M.Sc.), Master of Tech. Education (M.Tech. Ed), Master of Engineering (M.Eng.), Master of Technology (M.Tech.), Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master of Health Management (MHM), Master of Accounting and Finance (MAFS), Master of Entrepreneur and Business Development (MEBD) and Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) levels.
I am going to guide you on how to purchase and fill the ATBU Postgraduate form for the 2023/2024 admission. See how to obtain ATBU postgraduate form, admission requirements and duration below.
ATBU Postgraduate Programmes Admission Requirements
1. Postgraduate Diploma (PGD):
- All candidates must meet the matriculation requirements including a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics at the O’ level. i.e, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB.
- Graduates of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University or other recognized Universities with at least Third Class Honours Degree.
- HND holders with a minimum of Lower credit from recognised institutions.
- Holders of any other qualifications together with relevant field experience as deemed acceptable to the University.
2. Masters Degree:
- All candidates must meet the matriculation requirements including a credit in English Language and Mathematics at the O’ level.i.e, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB.
- Graduates of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University who have obtained the approved first degree with at least Second Class Honours (Lower Division).
- Candidates with approved University Honours Degree (CGPA of 3.00 and above on a scale of 5.00 point) or CGPA of 2.40 – 2.99 inclusive plus three years post graduation.
- Candidates with Third Class honours degree plus five years post graduation.
- Appropriate Postgraduate Diploma of the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University or other recognized Universities with at least a pass at credit level.
- Candidates whose degrees are unclassified with an average of C or above
- Candidates who possess Higher National Diploma with at least a credit pass from recognised institutions and at least a pass at credit level of Postgraduate Diploma of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University in the relevant areas.
- Candidates may be required to sit for a qualifying examination either before approval of registration or at an appropriate stage of their course work or research.
- Master of Philosophy (M. Phil) and Masters by Research Degrees:
- Graduates of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University or other recognized Institutions who have obtained the approved first degree with at least Second Class Honours (Upper Division)
- A good Second Class Honours Degree plus a considerable relevant industrial experience.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) Degree:
- All candidates must meet the matriculation requirements including a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics at the O’ level.i.e, WAEC, NECO, NABTEB.
- Graduates of Abubakar TafawaBalewa University who hold Masters Degree appropriate for the proposed areas of study
- Graduates of other recognised Universities who hold Masters Degrees with a CGPA of at least 3.50 on a scale of 5.00
- Candidates for the PhD programmes may be required to pass a qualifying examination and/or undergo a probationary period not exceeding 12 calendar months.
ATBU Postgraduate Programmes Duration
Post Graduate Diploma: Minimum of 12 months and maximum of 24 months
Master Degree: Minimum of 18 months and maximum of 36 months
Doctorate Degree: Minimum of 12 months and maximum of 24 months
NOTE: The duration for Engineering Postgraduate Diploma courses is minimum of 24 months and maximum of 48 months.
How To Apply For ATBU Postgraduate Form
Application forms are to be completed online as from… Applicants are expected to submit their application forms online together with scanned copies of their credentials.
- Ensure that only valid and functional email address and phone number should be used as further correspondence will be through this channels.
- Ensure that the online form is carefully and correctly completed as corrections on personal information or change of course after completion of online application and submission will attract a fee.
- It is mandatory for Applicants to make arrangement with their previous institutions to forward a hard copy of their Transcript to the Head of the Department of their proposed Programmes. No candidate will be considered for admission without a valid transcript.
- applicants must upload a Pre-proposal or Synopsis and ensure a hard copy is sent by post to the lead of the Department of your proposed programme.
- Applicants without NYSC Discharge or exemption certificate need NOT apply.
- Candidates applying for admission in Professional Master degree programmes are expected to sit for screening test at dates to be announced by faculty.
- SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS AND CLOSING DATE: All applications will close on…
- Successful applicants will be notified either by E-mail or SMS.
If you have any questions about the ATBU postgraduate admission form, kindly let us know in the comment section.
Last Updated on January 22, 2023 by Admin