The management of Abia State University ( ABSU) Uturu has not advertised the sale of its Postgraduate admission form for 2021/2022.
Prospective Students who have been waiting for the application form should take note that form is currently not on sale but the cost for the form last year was Eleven Thousand Five Hundred Naira (N11,500) only.
Candidates should also note that the application for ABSU Postgraduate Admission is only accepted from qualified individuals.
With respect to this, all eligible candidates should hurry as they pick the Postgraduate Admission form and apply using the right procedure and requirements as you will be guided in this article.
How To Apply For ABSU Postgraduate (PG) Admission
Eligible candidate are expected to apply for ABSU Postgraduate admission using the following guide:
- Visit ABSU official website at http://www.abiastateuniversity.edu.ng
- Locate and Click on the “postgraduate admission form publication” on the site
- Apply for the using the instructions therein
Eligibility for Abia State University(ABSU) Postgraduate Admission
For one to gain admission into any postgraduate programmes in ABSU, such individual MUST meet certain requirements according to any of these three(3) categories:
1. Postgraduate Diploma Programme
- The candidate must be graduate from any recognized university and must hold a minimum of first degree and/ or its equivalent, provided the matriculation and Departmental requirements of this university are met. A holder of Upper Credit in the HND from a recognized institution could also be admitted.
- A candidate that is applying for PGD in Business Administration must in addition have at least a credit pass at O’level in English Language, Mathematics, and Economics.
- A candidate that is applying for Diploma in Estate Management must hold good honours degree in the appropriate professional examinations of the Nigerian Institute of town planners, relevant suchlike experience could also be considered.
- Applicant for postgraduate Diploma in Microbiology must hold at least any of the following: B.Sc or HND in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Zoology, Botany, Laboratory Technology, Food Science and Technology or Chemistry.
- Applicant for postgraduate Diploma in Pharmacology must hold B.Sc in allied science from any recognised University
2. Masters Degree Programme
- The candidate should have a first degree from a recognized University with a minimum of a second class lower division may be admitted, provided the university matriculation and Departmental requirements are met. However, applicants with CGPA of 2.6 and above on the scaleof 4 point or 3.00 and above on the scale of 5 point shall be given preference.
- An applicant with a good postgraduate diploma from a recognized University shall be admitted.
- Candidates for M.A, and M.ED who do not hold a degree in the relevant field may be required to do Postgraduate Diploma in the course of study.
- Applicants for Business Administration course and Industrial Sociology and Personnel Management programmes are required to have credit level passes in English Language, Mathematics and Economics at O’level.
- Applicants for Masters Degree in Surgical Pathology or Human Physiology must hold M.B.B.S or its equivalent degree gotten from any recognized University. Also for the Masters Degree in Human Physiology, a good second class Honours in Physiology is acceptable. In addition, a good degree in related subject provided the Physiology content is substantial could considered.
- Applicants for M.Sc in Clinical Optometry must O.D from accredited school and ODORBN and must have graduated with CGPA of not less than 3.00 in 5 Point scale.
3. Doctorate Degree (Ph.D)
- The applicant must have a good Masters degree in the relevant or related discipline which includes course work and must have defended research Dissertation from a recognized University and as well meet the university matriculation requirement.
- The applicant must have minimum CGPA of 3.0 on the 4 point scale or 4.0 point on 5 point scale. Candidates must have gotten sixty percent (60%) average in both the course work and the Masters Dissertation examined by an External Examiner and involving an oral defence.
Note that students with CGPA lower than 3.0 on 4 point scale or 4.0 on 5 point scale will be required to do an MPhil/Ph.D.
In addition to this requirements, applicants may be expected to present themselves for selection test and interview.
All applicants are expected to get the photocopy their credential ready as well as their transcripts which shall be sent the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies.
ABSU Postgraduate Admission Form Deadline
The university management is yet to publish the deadline for ABSU postgraduate admission registration. Meanwhile, interested applicants are advised to make hay while they register for the programme at the right time.
See: Nigerian Universities Currently Selling Masters and Ph.D. Form
We promise to be giving you updated information about the Abia State University (ABSU) Postgraduate Admission at every point in time. Do not forget to share this article.
Last Updated on June 27, 2021 by Admin
2 thoughts on “ABSU Postgraduate Form 2021/2022 | See How To Apply”
Sir, I have difficulties trying to pay for the PG-master degree application form from Otukpo. I went to all the banks here with the invoice slip I generated from ABSU portal, In Zenith: the payment platform etransact ask for “my matric no.” ;UBA: it ask for “payee identity”; First Bank, no platform, Access Bank, no platform.
I then tried to pay online with Debit card, as empowered by etransact approved by ABSU, all to no avail. Sir, I would be grateful if you can help. Thank you sir.
What did the bank tell you to do?