If studying at the University of Scranton is your earnest desire but you don’t know things about the school. Do not be perturbed because we are here for you.
In this article, we will be disclosing all the necessary things you need to know about the school; its acceptance rate, tuition, notable alumni, admission requirements, and rankings. This article will serve as a complete guide for you on your admission journey.
University of Scranton is a private, Jesuit university located in Scranton, Pennsylvania. It is a small institution with an enrollment of 3,910 undergraduate students. See University of San Francisco Acceptance Rate
University of Scranton is among one of the few educational establishments in the state and it offers quality education at affordable rates.
The school is affordable tuition and fees, small faculty-to-student, and its conducive learning environment made the institution outstanding.
Its undergraduate and graduate programs are excellent and students are encouraged to show good academic capacities.
Furthermore, the University also stresses the need for scholars to also get excellent principles and value education while on the course of running their academic programs.
University of Scranton Acceptance Rate
The University of Scranton has an acceptance rate of 75.8%. This shows that the school is slightly selective and competitive in giving admission. In other words, it gives admission to most of its applicants.
University of Scranton Academic programs/courses
University of Scranton offers 65 academic fields of disciplines. It has one of the best education quality in the city and students are at liberty to study any of its courses.
Here is the list of both undergraduate and postgraduate academic study programs offered at University of Scranton.
- Registered nursing/registered nurse
- Kinesiology and exercise science
- Biology/biological sciences
- Health professions and related clinical sciences
- Business administration and management
- Marketing/marketing management
- Early childhood education and teaching
- Criminal justice/safety studies
- Human services
- Broadcast journalism
- Health/health care administration/management
- Biochemistry, biophysics and molecular biology
- Computer science
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Political science and government
- Public health education and promotion
- English language and literature
- International business/trade/commerce
- Information technology
- Human resources management/personnel administration
- Secondary education and teaching
- Environmental science
- Management science
- Computer engineering
- International relations and affairs
- Operations management and supervision
- Small business administration/management
- Spanish language and literature
- Forensic chemistry
- Junior high/intermediate/middle school education and teaching
- Engineering/industrial management
- Religion/religious studies
- French language and literature
- Latin language and literature
- Applied mathematics
University of Scranton Admission Requirement
University of Scranton GPA Requirements:
University of Scranton did report its average GPA for incoming students, and we could estimate the expected average GPA. With an average GPA of 3.56, you can be considered for admission in the school.
University of Scranton requires you to be around average in your high school class. You’ll need a mix of A’s and B’s, and very few C’s.
If you took some AP or IB classes, this will help boost your weighted GPA and show your ability to take college classes.
University of Scranton SAT and ACT Requirements:
University of Scranton has clearly stated a policy on SAT/ACT requirements, and it has published that high school students applying for admission may do so without submitting SAT/ACT scores. Therefore, this shows that submission of these test scores is optional.
Half of the applicants admitted to the University of Scranton have an SAT score between 1140 and 1320 or an ACT score of 27 and 32.
University of Scranton superscore SAT scores, meaning we will take your best math score and combine it with your best evidence-based reading score.
The University of Scranton takes a holistic approach to reviewing its applicants. This information is not meant to guarantee your acceptance, nor is it meant to discourage students who fall outside of these ranges from applying.
University of Scranton requires an application with the bare essentials.
Here are the University of Scranton application Requirements:
- Common Application and Electronic Application
- Essay or Personal Statement
- Community service and extracurricular activities
- A Letter of Recommendation
- No Application Fee
- SAT or ACT scores are optional
- SAT Subject Tests Scores Due in Office by March 1
Vital information about the University of Scranton with a focus on its acceptance rate, courses, and requirements has been summarized in this article to enable applicants to know how to go about the school during their application
Last Updated on September 13, 2023 by Admin