Oklahoma State University is an educational establishment that was founded on December 25, 1890, as Oklahoma Agricultural and Mechanical College, just twenty months after the Land Run of 1889.
On July 1, 1957, Oklahoma Agricultural and Mechanical College officially became Oklahoma State University. See Oral Roberts University Acceptance Rate.
Technical branches were established in Okmulgee in 1946 and in Oklahoma City in 1961, later renamed the Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology and Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City.
In July of 1988, the Oklahoma College of Osteopathic Medicine and Surgery became the College of Osteopathic Medicine of Oklahoma State University. See Oklahoma Panhandle State University Acceptance Rate.
Oklahoma State University Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate of an institution is an important criterion, every applicant is expected to check before sending in their application to the school to enable them to know their possible chances of gaining admission into the school.
Oklahoma State University is a Selective institution with an acceptance rate of 67%. This shows that the chances of gaining admission into the school are moderately competitive.
Oklahoma State University Tuition and Fees
It is important to note that these figures below are for the Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City 2023-2024 academic year.
These fees are subject to change without notice, as provided by the University Board of Regents and Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education policies.
Tuition and General Fees:
- Oklahoma Resident (per credit hour)* Get cost details: $ 151.25
- Non-Residents (per credit hour)*Get cost details: $ 394.50
- Records Fee ($0.50 per credit hour – $2 maximum): $ 2.00
- Remedial Course Fee (additional charge per credit hour)*: $ 10.00
- Online Course Fee (additional charge per credit hour)*: $ 10.00
Special Fees and Charges:
- General University Fee (Recreation and parking) per semester: $ 35.00
- ACT Test ** (residual): $ 65.00
- TEAS – Imaging Program Entrance Exam **: $ 85.00
- HESI A2 – Nursing Entrance Exam: $ 65.00
- CLEP Exam (effective July 1, 2010) Administrative Fee: $ 15.00
- Proctor Service **: $ 15.00
- Accuplacer Test ** (per section): $ 5.00
Audit Without Credit (no refund) Same as General Fee
- Advanced Standing (per credit hour): $ 5.00
- Laboratory Materials Cost of Materials
- Return Check Charge: $ 25.00
The following figures show the cost of attending OSU-Oklahoma City for two semesters or one year (fall & spring).
Costs are based on an average of 12 hours per semester at OSU-Oklahoma City’s Resident rate of $151.25 per credit hour.
- Tuition and Fees: $ 3,630.00
- Books: $ 1,440.00
- Room and Board: $ 5,533.50
- Transportation: $ 2,778.00
- Miscellaneous: $ 1,389.00
Tuition, Fees and Books Only:
- Based on 12 hours (fall and spring): $ 5,070.00
- Based on 6 hours (summer): $ 1,267.50
Not that These charges are set by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education and are subject to change. See Northeastern Oklahoma State University Acceptance Rate.
Oklahoma State University demands students meet some admission requirements before planning to apply for admission.
Some of the requirements are listed below;
- Transcript of high school record
- Required for some programs
- Minimun high school GPA
What GPA do you need to get into Oklahoma State University?
3.0 GPA or better unweighted cumulative AND top 33.3% rank in high school graduating class, OR. 3.0 GPA or better in 15-unit core AND 21 ACT/1060 SAT or better*, OR. 24 ACT/1160 SAT or better*
Test Scores Accepted
|Test||Avg. Score||25th % Info icon||75th % Info icon|
|SAT Critical Reading||575||530||630|
Is Oklahoma State University hard to get into?
For every 100 applicants, 74 are admitted. This means the school is lightly selective. The school will have their expected requirements for GPA and SAT/ACT scores. If you meet their requirements, you’re almost certain to get an offer of admission.
This article above has explained everything you are required to know about Oklahoma State University acceptance rate, Tuition, Courses, and Requirements.
I hope you find it resourceful! It is also essential to note that hard work is very necessary in pursuing your ambition of being admitted into this American institution. Keep trying until your desire becomes a reality.
We are looking forward to hearing from you through the comment box if you have any questions to ask. We await to hear from you in the comment box.
Last Updated on July 14, 2023 by Admin