Are you aspiring to study at central Oklahoma State University or do you desire to know the acceptance rate and other vital information about the school?
Worry not, because this article will give you the vital information you need about the school and steps to take to make your desire accomplished.
- 1 History of the school and its location.
- 2 Central Oklahoma State University Acceptance Rate.
- 3 Central Oklahoma State University Admission Requirements and Tuition
- 4 General Recommendations & Requirements for Admissions
- 5 Courses Offered in Central Oklahoma State University.
History of the school and its location.
Central Oklahoma State University is one of the largest university located at Edmond in Oklahoma. Edmond is a ten minutes drive from Okalahoma City, the largest city with a population of 500,000.
Central Oklahoma State University (Oklahoma Central University) was established in 1890 and is a well-known public comprehensive university in the United States for a century. Central Oklahoma State University was the first higher education institution in Oklahoma.
Things to note about the school:
- Central Oklahoma State University was listed as one of the best colleges by “U.S. News and world Report”.
- The Graduate School of Physics is ranked (fourteenth) 14th in the United States.
- The School of Forensic Sciences ranks first(Ist) in the United States and has many former FBI faculty members.
- Bioengineering is ranked in the top twenty fifth (25th) in the U.S.
- It possessed a wealth of faculty among the top eight in the U.S.
- One of the most cost-effective schools for education investment.
- It was the first earliest universities to train professional musicians in various fields
- The quality of jazz professional teaching is the first in the United States, and jazz is ranked in the top three in the United States.
- It Cultivated two “Miss America”
- The proportion of students passing the CPA exam in Central Oklahoma State University is the highest in the state.
- It has the largest computer system in the state.
- The broadcast communication project in the school is considered to be one of the best projects in the field of science and technology each year.
- It has more than 450 full-time and 250 part-time associate professors, and all the professors teach, no postgraduate assistants.
- It practices a small class teaching (<20-25 students), the student-teacher ratio is 21:1.
- The school Provides generous scholarships to international students who meet the conditions of the scholarship.
- In addition, The University of Central Oklahoma (UCO) is the third-largest public university in Oklahoma. The school gives generous scholarships for international students.
Because the state government provides generous tax subsidies for education, Central Oklahoma State University maintains a low tuition policy and universal education for all students, supports international students and schools to issue various scholarships, and maintains the annual school expenses in RMB Hundreds of thousands of yuan.
Therefore, the abundant faculty and outstanding teaching are one of the highlights of Central Oklahoma University in many American schools.
Central Oklahoma State University Acceptance Rate.
The University of Central Oklahoma admission policy is done on a rolling basis with an average acceptance rate of seventeen-eight percent(78%) in the fall of 2021 academic session.
Recently, the University of Central Oklahoma is home for about 1500 international students from 82 countries offering different programs across the 125 undergraduate majors and 76 graduate programs in the school.
Central Oklahoma State University Admission Requirements and Tuition
Undergraduate: TOEFL500 points, or IBT61; IELTS 6.0 or above; SAT or ACT scores are required.
Graduate students: TOEFL550 points, or IBT79; IELTS 6.5 or above; GRE or GMAT scores are required.
Undergraduate fees/academic session
Undergraduate total cost/academic session
Master’s total cost/year
Students are also required to submit the following application materials
- High school transcript
- English financial proof
- English graduation certificate
- SAT or ACT scores
The remaining conditions vary according to each department.
General Recommendations & Requirements for Admissions
- High School GPA Scores are Required
- High School Class Rankings are Required
- School Records are Required
- Standardized Test Scores (SAT, ACT,…) are Required
- TOEFL Exam (Foreign Language Students) are Required
Number of Applicants, Percent Accepted, and Enrolled Students (Fall 2021)
TOTAL MALE FEMALE
Applicants 15,271 45.5% 54.5%
Admitted 10,689 46.6% 53.4%
Enrolled 4,200 47.2% 52.8%
Average ACT/SAT Scores of Applicants to Oklahoma State University-Main Campus (OSU) (Fall 2021)
SAT® SECTION SCORE RANGE
Critical Reading 540 – 640
Math 520 – 640
Total Score 1060 – 1280
ACT® SCORE RANGE
English 21 – 27
Math 20 – 27
Composite Score 22 – 28
Academic Degree Programs
Courses Offered in Central Oklahoma State University.
Central Oklahoma State University offers many undergraduates and postgraduate degree programs. The courses are listed below:
- Actuarial Science
- Applied Liberal Arts
- Applied Liberal Arts – Online
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Servant Leadership
- Art – Studio Art
- Art Education
- Art History
- Arts Administration
- Asian studies
- Audio Production
- Biomedical engineering
- Biomedical sciences
- Black Male Summit Leadership Class
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst Certification Preparation
- Business Law
- Certificate in Licensed Professional Counseling
- Certificate in Disaster Management
- Certificate in E-Learning
- Certificate in Food Quality and Safety
- Chemistry – ACS Certificate
- Chemistry – Health Sciences
- Chinese Minor
- Classical Studies in Greek Minor
- Classical Studies in Latin Minor
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Coaching Minor
- Collection and Preservation of Digital Evidence
- Commercial Music
- Computer science
- Computer Science – Applied
- Computer Science – information science
- Contemporary Music Business
- Contemporary Music Performance
- Contemporary Music Production
- Creative writing minor
- Criminal Justice – Corrections
- Criminal Justice – Police
- Criminal Justice – General
- Criminal Justice Minor
- Dance Education
- Dance Performance
- Data Science
- Design – Graphic Design
- Design – Interior Design
- Diversity Leadership Institute
- Diversity Peer Educator
- Early Childhood Education
- Effective Communication
- Electrical Engineering
- Elementary Education
- Energy Economics
- Engineering Physics
- English Language
- English Language – Creative Writing
- English Education
- English Minor
- Event Planning and Logistics
- Fashion Marketing
- Forensic Science
- Forensic Science – Chemistry
- Forensic Science – Digital Forensics
- Forensic Science – Molecular Biology
- French Education
- French Minor
- Funeral Studies
- General Business
- General Business – Online
- General Studies
- General Studies – Online
- Geography Minor
- German Education
- German Minor
- Gifted and Talented Certification Preparation
- Grief, Death and Dying Minor
- History – Indigenous Studies Minor
- History – International Studies Minor
- History – Museum Studies
- History – Race and Ethnic Studies Minor
- History – Russian Studies Minor
- History – Sustainability Issues Minor
- History – Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Minor
- History Education
- History Minor
- Human Development and Family Sciences – Child Development
- Human Development and Family Sciences – Gerontology
- Human Development and Family Sciences – Marriage and Family
- Human Environmental Science
- Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Management – Online
- Humanities Minor
- Insurance and Risk Management
- International Business
- Interpersonal Communication
- Interpersonal Communication minor
- Journalism Minor
- Kinesiology – Exercise/Fitness Management
- Kinesiology – Outdoor and Community Recreation
- Leadership Digital Micro-Credential
- Leadership Micro-Credential
- Leadership Minor
- Leading Effective Teams
- Library Media Specialist Certification Preparation
- Management – Online
- Management Information Systems
- Marketing – Online
- Mass Communication – Documentary Minor
- Mass Communication Minor
- Master of Arts in Addictions Counseling
- Master of Arts in Composition and Rhetoric
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology
- Master of Arts in Creative Writing
- Master of Arts in Crime and Intelligence Analysis
- Master of Arts in Criminal Justice Management and Administration
- Master of Arts in Gerontology
- Master of Arts in History
- Master of Arts in Liberal Studies
- Master of Arts in Literature
- Master of Arts in Museum Studies
- Master of Arts in Political Science
- Master of Arts in Political Science – International Affairs
- Master of Arts in Strategic Communications – Leadership in Communications (Online)
- Master of Arts in Teaching English as a Second Language
- Master of Athletic Training
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration – Healthcare
- Master of Business Administration – Professional (Online)
- Master of Education in Adult and Higher Education – Interdisciplinary Studies
- Master of Education in Adult and Higher Education – Lifelong and E-Learning
- Master of Education in Adult and Higher Education – Student Personnel
- Master of Education in Adult and Higher Education – Talent Development
- Master of Education in Bilingual Education
- Master of Education in Early Childhood Education
- Master of Education in Educational Leadership
- Master of Education in Elementary Education
- Master of Education in Library Media Education – Online
- Master of Education in Reading
- Master of Education in School Counseling
- Master of Education in School Counseling – School and Professional Counseling
- Master of Education in Secondary Education
- Master of Education in Special Education – Mild-Moderate Disabilities
- Master of Education in Special Education – Severe-Profound/Multiple Disabilities
- Master of Fine Arts in Design
- Master of Fine Arts in Illustration
- Master of Music in Collaborative Piano
- Master of Music in Composition
- Master of Music in Conducting
- Master of Music in Jazz Studies
- Master of Music in Jazz Studies – Music Production
- Master of Music in Music Education
- Master of Music in Musical Theatre
- Master of Music in Pedagogy
- Master of Music in Performance
- Master of Music in Piano Pedagogy
- Master of Music in Piano Performance
- Master of Public Administration in Public & Nonprofit Management
- Master of Music in Vocal Performance
- Master of Public Administration in Public & Nonprofit Management – Online
- Master of Public Administration in Urban Management
- Master of Public Administration in Urban Management – Online
- Master of Public Health in Community Engagement
- Master of Science in Applied Mathematical Science – Mathematics
- Master of Science – Business Analytics
- Master of Science in Applied Mathematical Science – Statistics
- Master of Science in Applied Mathematical Science – Teaching
- Master of Science in Applied Mathematics and Computer Science
- Master of Science in Behavior Analysis
- Master of Science in Biology
- Master of Science in Computer Science
Vital information about Central Oklahoma State University Acceptance Rate, Tuition, Courses & Requirements has been listed for you in this article to serve as a guide you towards the actualization of your desire.
You can drop a comment in the comment section if you have any questions. we will be there to answer you.
Last Updated on May 23, 2022 by Admin