Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the under-listed programmes (full-time, part-time and weekend) in the School of Postgraduate Studies, Alex Ekwueme Federal Univesity, Ndufu-Alike Ikwo (AE-FUNAI), Abakaliki, Ebonyi State, for the 2023/2024 academic session. See details on how to apply and the requirements.
List of FUNAI Postgraduate (PG) Programmes
Faculty Of Basic Medical Sciences
Department of Physiology:
M.Sc. and Ph.D. Programmes
- Department of Anatomy:
Faculty Of Science
Department of Mathematics/Computer Science/Statistics/Informatics:
- PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D. Programmes
. Department Of Physics/Geology/Geophysics:
- Geophysical Instrumentation
- Engineering Geology
- Mineral Exploration
- Petroleum Geology
- Engineering Geology
- Petroleum Geology
Department Of Biology/Microbiology/Biotechnology:
- Medical Parasitology
- Medical Microbiology
M.Sc. and Ph.D. Programmes
- Food and Agricultural Biotechnology
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Medical Biotechnology
- Environmental Biotechnology
Faculty Of Management And Social Sciences
Department of Accountancy/Business Administration/Banking and Finance:
- Business Administration
Department of Economics and Development Studies:
- Economics and Development Studies
Department of Sociology/Psychology/Criminology and Security Studies:
- Criminology and Security Studies
Department of Political Science/Mass Communication:
- Mass Communication
Duration Of Programmes:
- Postgraduate Diploma: Full-Time Two Semesters (Minimum), (Part-Time) Three Semesters (Minimum)
- Master’s Degree: (Full-Time) Three Semesters (Minimum), (Part-Time) Five Semesters (Minimum)
- Doctorate Degree Ph.D.: (Full-Time) Six Semesters (Minimum), (Part-Time) Eight Semesters (Minimum)
FUNAI Postgraduate Admission Requirements.
- Candidates for admission into any postgraduate programme of the Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike, Ebonyi State must have obtained at least five (5) credits at not more than two sittings in WASC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB including English Language.
- Candidates seeking admission into the Faculties of Science; Basic Medical Sciences; and Management and Social Sciences must have a credit pass in Mathematics.
- Candidates shall also possess the minimum entry requirements for admission into the postgraduate programmes in their respective Departments.
- Graduates of the Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike, Ebonyi State or other Universities recognized by the University Senate who also possess the above qualifications are eligible to apply.
Specific Entry Requirements:
- POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA (PGD) PROGRAMMES
- Graduates of the Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike, Ebonyi State or other Universities recognized by the University Senate who have obtained a Bachelor Degree with at least a Third Class Honours.
- Holders of HND at Upper or Lower Credit level passes or its equivalent in relevant areas.
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the ones mentioned above which are acceptable to the Board of the School of Postgraduate Studies and Senate of the University, may also be considered for admission.
B. MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- Graduates of the Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike, Ebonyi State or other Universities recognized by the University Senate who have obtained the Bachelor’s Degree in relevant disciplines with at least a Second Class Honours with not less than 3.0 CGPA on a 5-point scale and 2.4 on a 4-point scale.
- Candidates with relevant Postgraduate Diplomas from the Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike, Ebonyi State or other Universities recognized by the University Senate with at least credit level passes with a minimum of 3.5 CGPA on a 5-point scale or 3.0 on 4-point scale.
- Candidates whose First Degrees are unclassified but have at least 60% average score (B level).
C. DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (Ph.D.) DEGREE PROGRAMMES
- Candidates from the Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike, Ikwo or other Universities recognized by the University Senate who have obtained Master’s Degree that is appropriate for the proposed field/s of study shall qualify for Doctorate Degree admission.
- Candidates must possess minimum of 4.0 CGPA on a 5-point scale or 3.2 on a 4-point scale in their Master’s Degrees. Candidates who possess at least a B level (60% average score) at Master’s Degree provided that research work formed part of the Master’s Degree programme shall also qualify for Doctorate Degree admission.
How To Apply For Funai Postgraduate Admission.
- On payment of non-refundable Application Form fee of fifteen thousand naira (N15,000.00) only, made payable to Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike, Ebonyi State at any Commercial Bank within the Country using the Remita platform, candidates can download and complete the online Application Form by logging on to www.funai.edu.ng
- Candidates should also download the online Referee report forms and submit to their Referees (three Referees) one of who should be their former Head of Department.
- The Referee report forms after being filled-in by the Referees should be received back in sealed envelopes (addressed to The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike, Ebonyi State) by the candidates and enclosed alongside other documents in the application package.
- That applications are not complete and would not be processed unless the Referee reports are available.
- Candidates should download academic transcript request slips provided online, and submit same to their Universities/Institutions requesting them to forward a copy of their last academic transcripts to The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike, Ebonyi State attaching the transcript request slip.
- This must reach him/her not later than one week from the deadline for sale of Application Forms. Candidates, whose transcripts are not received after the stipulated time by the School, would not have their application forms processed.
- Completed Application Forms with the relevant documents should be posted or delivered in an envelope marked “PG Admission” to the undersigned. The following documents are required to be enclosed with the Application Forms/Referee reports in a file jacket and then placed in a 10x 15 size brown envelope before submission;
- NYSC certificates (Discharge or Exemption or Exclusion certificate)
- All educational credentials
- L.G.A. letter of identification
- Birth certificate
- Evidence of payment of Application Form fee
- Submissions should be addressed to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Alex Ekwueme Federal University, Ndufu Alike,
- Sale of online Application Forms will close two months from the date of publication of this advert i.e.
- All applicants shall undergo computer based Postgraduate admission screening test and those seeking admission for Ph.D. will in addition to scoring 50% in the CBT, be invited for Oral examination, date of which will be communicated to all applicants via sms.
- Successful candidates are expected to register their postgraduate courses immediately after they are offered admission at the commencement of the session.
Do you have any questions about the AEFUNAI Postgraduate form? Drop your question in the comment section.
Last Updated on January 22, 2023 by Admin