Is it your desire to study at California Polytechnic Pomona and also know the necessary information about the school?
If your answer is positive, then this article is meant for you, because it contains all the necessary information you need to know about California Polytechnic Pomona Acceptance Rate, Courses, and Requirements. Let’s get started.
California Polytechnic Pomona (commonly abbreviated to Cal Poly) is a public degree-granting undergraduate polytechnic university in San Luis Obispo County, with one large campus.
California Polytechnic Pomona was founded as California Polytechnic School in 1901, as a response to the growing need for expanded vocational training across the State. See Duke University Acceptance Rate.
In 1947, it became a university college. It is the oldest of three polytechnics in the California State University system.
California Polytechnic Pomona is one of the largest institutions by enrollment in British Columbia with a total of 22,287 students and is organized into six colleges.
California Polytechnic Pomona provides undergraduate and vocational education including bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees.
The school operates widely as an undergraduate polytechnic university but also serves as a vocational school offering apprenticeships for skilled trades as well as diplomas in vocational education for skilled technicians Psychology, Biology, Computer Science and Economics.
California Polytechnic Pomona Acceptance Rate
The California Polytechnic Pomona has an acceptance rate of 61%. This is moderately competitive.
California Polytechnic Pomona Academic Programs
California Polytechnic Pomona offers many undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs. The California school is popular for its high education quality – a factor largely attributed to the excellent faculty members.
Here are the academic programs offered in California Polytechnic Pomona
- Business administration and management
- Computer science
- Hospitality administration/management
- Civil engineering
- Biology/biological sciences
- Mechanical engineering
- Speech communication and rhetoric
- Health and physical education/fitness
- Liberal arts and sciences/liberal studies
- Electrical and electronics engineering
- Animal sciences
- Graphic design
- Aerospace, aeronautical and astronautical/space engineering
- Computer engineering
- English language and literature
- Nutrition sciences
- Political science and government
- Industrial engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Apparel and textiles
- Landscape architecture
- Mechanical engineering/mechanical technology/technician
- City/urban, community and regional planning
- Construction engineering technology/technician
- Food science
- Manufacturing engineering
- Plant protection and integrated pest management
- Drama and dramatics/theatre arts
- Environmental biology
- Ethnic, cultural minority, gender, and group studies
- Spanish language and literature
- Agricultural teacher education
- Agribusiness/agricultural business operations
- Electrical, electronic and communications engineering technology/technician
- Geology/earth science
- Art history, criticism and conservation
- Science, technology and society
- Engineering technology
California Polytechnic Pomona has certain admission requirements.
- To be admitted as a student in an undergraduate program, you will have to show that:
- You meet California Polytechnic Pomona’s English proficiency requirement*
- You have graduated high school (secondary school) OR completed at least 24 credits of undergraduate-level credits from a recognized institution
- You must meet the multifactor admissions (MFA) evaluation process
- You must pay an application fee of 70$
- You must have a GPA 2.50 for residents and 3.00 for non-residents.
For Graduate Admission
To be admitted as a student in a graduate program, you will have to show that:
- You meet California Polytechnic Pomona’s English proficiency requirement
- You have graduated from a bachelor’s degree program with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.67
- You have reference letters, resumes, and/or statement of intent depending on the specific Graduate Admissions requirement of your faculty
- Candidates are to ensure that they are more than 19 years of age
- Should have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0;
- Minimum English Language Proficiency: ENGL1100 / TOEFL IBT 88 (20 or more) / IELTS 6.5 (6.0 or more per item) / 70;
- Supporting Documents: Statement of purpose, official transcripts, LORs, professional statements, and writing samples.
California Polytechnic Pomona is one of the best universities in California. The school provides undergraduate and vocational education including bachelor’s degrees, associate degrees, diplomas, certificates, apprenticeships, and citations in more than 140 diverse programs.
This post emphasized on California Polytechnic Pomona Acceptance Rate, Courses, and Requirements. You can ask your questions using the comment box.
Last Updated on September 12, 2023 by Admin