Do you have plans of studying at the University of California Irvine? We wish to give you important information you need to know about the University of California Irvine acceptance rate and admission statistics.
Selecting a school to study in is quite a difficult thing to do. Therefore, it is very important for you to carefully allocate enough time to make research and find out key admission data.
These are very crucial as they contribute to the overall success of your application. University of California, Irvine is an educational service provider that is well regarded in the United States.
The school offers a high-quality education mixed with an excellent social-cultural campus life fit for any breed of multinational.
In 2019, the middle fifty percent (50%) of University of California Irvine’s incoming freshmen class had GPAs between 4.0 and 4.25. twenty-five percent (25%) had a GPA above 4.25, and twenty-five (25%) had a GPA below 4.0.
These results suggest that most successful applicants to University of California, Irvine have primarily A grades.
Acceptance Rate of University of California, Irvine
The acceptance rate is one of the vital key factors to consider anytime you want to apply for admission to your school of choice.
It helps to inform you of your chances of securing space with the school which in turn will help you to prepare adequately in advance.
Generally, many schools with high acceptance rates are easy to get admitted into as opposed to ones with low admission rates.
The University of California, Irvine has an acceptance rate of twenty-seven Percent (27%) which is very low and competitive.
This implies that if hundreds (100) applicants applied to the prestigious American University in a certain admission season, only twenty-seven (27) of that number will be offered admission.
Hence, if you are planning on studying in this school, it is best to have an excellent academic CV.
University of California, Irvine Admission Statistics
Number of Applicants: 95,566
Percent Admitted: 27%
Percent Admitted Who Enrolled (Yield): 24%
Aside from the acceptance rate, there are other factors that one should consider and they include SAT and ACT. For SAT, the average score range requirement is 1230-1430 while that of the ACT is 26-33.
For 2021 Statistics
|First-Year Admission Rate||28.96%|
|Transfer Admission Rate||37.82%|
Major Programs Offered by University of California, Irvine (UCI)
- Aerospace Engineering, B.S.
- African American Studies, B.A.
- Anthropology, B.A.
- Applied Physics, B.S.
- Art History, B.A.
- Art, B.A.
- Asian American Studies, B.A.
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, B.S.
- Biological Sciences, B.S.
- Biology/Education, B.S.
- Biomedical Engineering, B.S.
- Biomedical Engineering: Premedical, B.S.
- Business Administration, B.A.
- Business Economics, B.A.
- Business Information Management, B.S.
- Chemical Engineering, B.S.
- Chemistry, B.S.
- Chicano/Latino Studies, B.A.
- Chinese Studies, B.A.
- Civil Engineering, B.S.
- Classics, B.A.
- Cognitive Sciences, B.S.
- Comparative Literature, B.A.
- Computer Engineering, B.S.
- Computer Science and Engineering, B.S.
- Computer Science, B.S.
- Criminology, Law and Society, B.A.
- Dance, B.A.
- Data Science, B.S.
- Developmental and Cell Biology, B.S.
- Drama, B.A.
- Earth System Science, B.S.
- East Asian Cultures, B.A.
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, B.S.
- Economics, B.A.
- Education Sciences, B.A.
- Electrical Engineering, B.S.
- English, B.A.
- Environmental Engineering, B.S.
- Environmental Science and Policy, B.A.
- European Studies, B.A.
- Exercise Sciences, B.S.
- Film and Media Studies, B.A.
- French, B.A.
- Game Design and Interactive Media, B.S.
- Gender and Sexuality Studies, B.A.
- Genetics, B.S.
- German Studies, B.A.
- Global Cultures, B.A.
- Global Middle East Studies, B.A.
- History, B.A.
- Human Biology, B.S.
- Informatics, B.S.
- International Studies, B.A.
- Japanese Language and Literature, B.A.
- Korean Literature and Culture, B.A.
- Language Science, B.A.
- Literary Journalism, B.A.
- Materials Science and Engineering, B.S.
- Mathematics, B.S.
- Mechanical Engineering, B.S.
- Microbiology and Immunology, B.S.
- Music, B.A.
- Neurobiology, B.S.
- Nursing Science, B.S.
- Pharmaceutical Sciences, B.S.
- Philosophy, B.A.
- Physics, B.S.
- Political Science, B.A.
- Psychological Science, B.A.
- Psychology, B.A./B.S.
- Public Health Policy, B.A./B.S.
- Quantitative Economics, B.A.
- Religious Studies, B.A.
- Social Ecology, B.A.
- Social Policy and Public Service, B.A.
- Sociology, B.A.
- Software Engineering, B.S.
- Spanish, B.A.
- Urban Studies, B.A.
UC Irvine GPA Requirements
- The average GPA at UC Irvine is four (4), You must have a GPA of 4 to get into University of California Irvine.
- You will need to have nearly straight A’s for all classes to increase your chances of gaining admission into the school.
- You will need to take hard courses – AP and IB to show that college-level academics are possible.
- Your GPA cannot be changed if you are a senior or junior student. To compensate, if your GPA is below 4 (the school average), you will need a higher SAT/ACT score. This will allow you to compete with other applicants with higher GPAs.
UC Irvine SAT & ACT Requirements
- You must take either the SAT or ACT to submit an application to UC Irvine. Most importantly, your results must be outstanding.
- The average SAT score composite at UC Irvine is a 1310 on the 1600 SAT scale. This score makes UC Irvine Moderately Competitive for SAT test scores.
UC Irvine SAT Score Analysis (New 1600 SAT)
The twenty-fifth (25th) percentile New SAT score is 1180, and the 75th percentile New SAT score is 1440. In other words, a 1180 on the New SAT places you below average, while a 1440 will move you up to above average.
Here’s the breakdown of new SAT scores by section:
|Section||Average||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
|Reading + Writing||635||580||690|
The average ACT score at UC Irvine is 29. This score makes the University of California Irvine Moderately Competitive for ACT scores.
25th percentile ACT score = 25, 75th percentile ACT scores = 33.
University of California, Irvine does not require a minimum ACT score, but applicants with a lower than 25 will be rejected.
Unless you submit something more impressive, it may prove difficult to get in. It is common for applicants to score 29 and higher that academically a 25 would look weak.
University of California, Irvine recommends SAT subject test. SAT subject tests are generally not required. However, they can highlight your strengths.
If you are applying to engineering school, submitting math and science SAT subject tests can boost your application.
Your SAT/ACT and GPA are typically more weighty than your SAT Subject Tests. will choose to improve your SAT/ACT score over your SAT Subject Test score.
The University of California, Irvine accepts limited number of applicants. It has a highly selective admissions process which includes high grades and standardized test scores.
University of California, Irvine is like all other universities in California but has holistic Admissions. The admissions officers examine students based on more than just numerical data.
Students are expected to submit four (4) personal insights essays as part of their application. Students can apply to multiple schools within the University of California system by simply filling out one application.
UCI Application portal: https://www.admissions.uci.edu/apply/how-to-apply/index.php
Even if they have low grades or test scores, students with exceptional talent and compelling stories will be given a chance to apply.
A successful application to The University of California, Irvine needs strong essays and impressive extracurricular activities.
The University of California, Irvine does not accept letters of recommendation unless requested and it does not offer admission interviews.
California residents must have a minimum 3.0 GPA and no lower than a C in 15 college preparatory courses.
Non-residents must have a minimum GPA of 3.4. Participating high school students may also be qualified if they are among the top nine percent (9%) in their class.
You can reach out to us in the comment section if you need more clarification on this article about UC Irvine acceptance rate.
Last Updated on March 11, 2023 by Admin