Last Updated on
Have you been wondering if it is possible to delete a message or conversation you had with someone on Facebook? This article will walk you through on how to delete a message on Facebook.
Before we continue, bear in mind that deleting the message will erase it permanently and you will not be able to see it again.
Having known that, let’s quickly move to the steps
How to Delete Facebook Message
These steps outlined below will only remove the message or conversation from your account, not the one to which the message was sent.
1. Log in to your Facebook account.
2. Open the friend whose conversation you want to delete
3. Click and hold the message
4. Select Delete from the dropdown
You can log in here if you are not logged in already
How to Remove Conversation on Facebook Permanently
How to Remove message totally on Facebook from your account and the account of the person whom you sent the message.
1. Open your Messenger app. If you are not logged in, enter your log details to log in
2. Go the conversation you want to delete or remove
3. Click and hold the message you want to remove
4. Select Remove for Everyone
5. A message will pop up asking for confirmation
6. Click remove and the message or conversation will be deleted from both your account and your friend’s account.
Note: This works within a few minutes you sent the message. The option to remove for everyone will not be seen after some minutes.